Review KZG Tri-Tour Irons

I haven't ever tried an KZG clubs and am looking forward to another golfer's feedback. Jman's feedback definitely intrigued me a lot on these irons.

I hope they are fun for you!
Thanks, I appreciate it. Let me know if you have any questions once I get them in hand!

Can't wait to follow along and hear about these bad boys! Get after it, GK!
We will need to schedule a range session soon! You get that launch monitor yet? ;)

They have arrived! Really liking the looks in hand! Hopefully the weather holds and I can get these on the course on Friday!

Hey @Jman do you know which set up you left the weights in?

They have arrived! Really liking the looks in hand! Hopefully the weather holds and I can get these on the course on Friday!

Hey @Jman do you know which set up you left the weights in?
All back to standard. I forgot to send the extra weights.

All back to standard. I forgot to send the extra weights.
No worries man. I was hoping to set it up a bit more forgiving in the long irons, but it'll be ok. Just have to strike em pure so i don't need that forgiveness :p

No worries man. I was hoping to set it up a bit more forgiving in the long irons, but it'll be ok. Just have to strike em pure so i don't need that forgiveness :p
I’ll drop the extra weights off tomorrow! (y)

Had a little fun with the PW in the backyard. Here's 2 of my 1st 5 shots from 110 out :oops:. Tree is my "flagstick."
20200617_204056.jpg

Theyre going to SHOCK you,
They are off to a very good start... I'm going to elaborate more on my mini session tomorrow.

They are off to a very good start... I'm going to elaborate more on my mini session tomorrow.
And they feel way different than you expected, don’t they?

And they feel way different than you expected, don’t they?
I was expecting a bit more harsh feel, but the feeling was solid, yet plush, as I think you said in your review. And I'm going to steal it, because plush is a good way to describe the feeling. I hit my Srixon 765's with it tonight, and the feeling in both is very, very similar, and that is a great thing!

I was expecting a bit more harsh feel, but the feeling was solid, yet plush, as I think you said in your review. And I'm going to steal it, because plush is a good way to describe the feeling. I hit my Srixon 765's with it tonight, and the feeling in both is very, very similar, and that is a great thing!
#VALIDATION

Just got my arccos sensors in and paired up to these irons. Too bad I dont have the option to select KZG for the brand while pairing.

Alright, a little more on my little session last night. Again, I was hitting the PW from about 110 out, which is about a 3/4 swing for me. I use this 3/4 PW swing a lot. Basically anything from 100-125 I use my PW, so some rounds I hit this club a lot.

Looks: At address the club has a very good look. It fits what I am used to seeing, so there is no issue when setting up for the shot. I'll be honest, this club had me unsure of it's overall look the first few times I saw it, but now they are growing on me. Very industrial, but in the bag they are more subdued and look good, and I'm happy to be carrying them around.

Feel: I'll reiterate what I said before, this just feels plush. It has a solid feel, but it's not harsh or clicky. A strike that finds the middle of the face gives you that addicting solid feel that I'd expect. The feel was very similar to my Srixon 765's, with 2 differences. The KZG's felt better on a center of the face shot, just so smooth. But on mishits, I feel it a bit more in the KZG's. Not a lot more, but it was more noticeable that I missed the center of the face. Shots that weren't perfect was more of a pull left, or low on the face and short, but still not far off overall. My worst misses were maybe 10 yards left or 10 yards short. Not many misses right. Overall these tell you when you miss, but nothing way offline.

Hitting your Shot: When it comes down to it, from 110 yards out can I hit it close? That's what I really care about. End of story. These KZG's just felt right to me. The swing weight seemed very balanced, and I hit a lot of knock down shots last night. My tight shots were so close to my target, see my picture above. In addition to those 2 shots, I had one hit the tree trunk, about 3-4 feet up. The flight was exactly what I expected, nice and high, but I could also flight it down if needed. No matter how I wanted to hit it, I could do it with great results. I've hit shots close to my target before, but just not with this consistency. I'm curious to see what day #2 brings!

Catch All: This first session I hit around 40 or so shots from 110 yards with the Tri-Tours. The first shot I hit had me smiling, and honestly they just kept impressing me. I haven't hit many different irons, but I had fallen in love with my Srixon combo set, which I got last year. I think these Tri-Tours are going to give me a lot to ponder long term. When it comes down to it, from 110 yards out can I hit it close. That's what I really care about.

Alright, a little more on my little session last night. Again, I was hitting the PW from about 110 out, which is about a 3/4 swing for me. I use this 3/4 PW swing a lot. Basically anything from 100-125 I use my PW, so some rounds I hit this club a lot.

Looks: At address the club has a very good look. It fits what I am used to seeing, so there is no issue when setting up for the shot. I'll be honest, this club had me unsure of it's overall look the first few times I saw it, but now they are growing on me. Very industrial, but in the bag they are more subdued and look good, and I'm happy to be carrying them around.

Feel: I'll reiterate what I said before, this just feels plush. It has a solid feel, but it's not harsh or clicky. A strike that finds the middle of the face gives you that addicting solid feel that I'd expect. The feel was very similar to my Srixon 765's, with 2 differences. The KZG's felt better on a center of the face shot, just so smooth. But on mishits, I feel it a bit more in the KZG's. Not a lot more, but it was more noticeable that I missed the center of the face. Shots that weren't perfect was more of a pull left, or low on the face and short, but still not far off overall. My worst misses were maybe 10 yards left or 10 yards short. Not many misses right. Overall these tell you when you miss, but nothing way offline.

Hitting your Shot: When it comes down to it, from 110 yards out can I hit it close? That's what I really care about. End of story. These KZG's just felt right to me. The swing weight seemed very balanced, and I hit a lot of knock down shots last night. My tight shots were so close to my target, see my picture above. In addition to those 2 shots, I had one hit the tree trunk, about 3-4 feet up. The flight was exactly what I expected, nice and high, but I could also flight it down if needed. No matter how I wanted to hit it, I could do it with great results. I've hit shots close to my target before, but just not with this consistency. I'm curious to see what day #2 brings!

Catch All: This first session I hit around 40 or so shots from 110 yards with the Tri-Tours. The first shot I hit had me smiling, and honestly they just kept impressing me. I haven't hit many different irons, but I had fallen in love with my Srixon combo set, which I got last year. I think these Tri-Tours are going to give me a lot to ponder long term. When it comes down to it, from 110 yards out can I hit it close. That's what I really care about.
Bumping this for some great feedback.

I’m happy I got to give them away, they deserve play time and more feedback for the community.

I told Gkeller these will shock him, and I won’t be wrong, the feel is as good as anything, and with a sole that helps you get away with things. 🔥

Haven't been able to get these out to the range or on the course yet due to travel and now rain, but hoping to sometime this week. Was able to give that PW some more work last night, and nothing has changed really. My miss has been left, so I am curious if I adjust the weighting if I can eliminate this miss. I hit probably 30 balls last night, and I'd say all but 2 or 3 were either right on line, or to the left. I agree with my initial thoughts that the feeling is still plush, but that you can feel the mishits. I'll give a full rundown on all the clubs once I get them out.

My take for today: If you put a blindfold on, I bet most couldn't tell if they were hitting these Tri-Tours, or some of the most popular forged irons from the bigger brands.

Well, the weather is not cooperating with me. Seems like each time I try to get to the range or on the course we get some thunderstorms rolling through. This weekend looks like more of the same, but I'm still going to try to get them out and give them all a workout. Here's to some sunshine!

Got these on the range finally. I'm going to summarize my thoughts and get them out tomorrow. I will say the long irons i hit, 4-6, I had some shots that made me :oops:. Sooo good!

Got these on the range finally. I'm going to summarize my thoughts and get them out tomorrow. I will say the long irons i hit, 4-6, I had some shots that made me :oops:. Sooo good!
VALIDATION.
:ROFLMAO:

;)

VALIDATION.
:ROFLMAO:

;)
Seriously, some shots that felt so good, and to watch the ball fly off the face was so satisfying. Had a fun range session!

Seriously, some shots that felt so good, and to watch the ball fly off the face was so satisfying. Had a fun range session!
They feel as good as anything out there on the market, JDM included.

The added sole width while keeping a smaller topline and offset though is the secret imo. It’s a blend we just don’t see, and it works.

Looking forward to hearing this feedback!

Back