Push Cart Mafia member?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 290 58.8%
  • I have a part time membership.

Votes: 159 32.3%
  • Hard pass.

Votes: 44 8.9%

• Total voters
Almost fell off the wagon last weekend. 18 holes on a hilly course in 88 deg temps with 90+ humidity and a very light breeze was a killer. AFter the front 9, sweating so much I couldn't hold on to the club. Almost considered jumping in a cart for the back 9. Ended up pulling out the umbrella and running the rest of the round with it up as a sun shade just to give some relief. Helped out immensely. Was able to finish out the round. Well that and the 3 quarts of Gatorade I drank. :)

That umbrella for shade thing is a huge lifesaver. Shade of the cart the entire way!

Almost fell off the wagon last weekend. 18 holes on a hilly course in 88 deg temps with 90+ humidity and a very light breeze was a killer. AFter the front 9, sweating so much I couldn't hold on to the club. Almost considered jumping in a cart for the back 9. Ended up pulling out the umbrella and running the rest of the round with it up as a sun shade just to give some relief. Helped out immensely. Was able to finish out the round. Well that and the 3 quarts of Gatorade I drank. :)
And now this will be in the back of my mind until I get an umbrella 😆

Have to love upstate New York. Last few weekends, the temperature was in the 60s, then this weekend it was 91 on Saturday and 92 on Sunday (in Albany). Yesterday, it warmed up some to 95.

Problem there is I'm more interested in quality and value, whereas many people base their reviews primarily, or only, on the latter.

I had the same issue and thought pattern. First choice not caring about cost Jucad are the ultimate in push/pull and motorized. https://jucadamerica.com/ By far the best constructed with a minimalist Euro design.

Since I didn't want to pay in limbs, I went with CaddyTek CaddyLite EZ Version 8 https://www.caddytek.com/product/caddytek-caddylite-ez-version-8/ The quality is equal to Clicgear and has more bells and whistles included. The built in phone holder of extremely handy for GPS use.

Since I didn't want to pay in limbs, I went with CaddyTek CaddyLite EZ Version 8 https://www.caddytek.com/product/caddytek-caddylite-ez-version-8/ The quality is equal to Clicgear and has more bells and whistles included. The built in phone holder of extremely handy for GPS use.
Hmmm... Billed as a push cart, but I guess there's no reason a cart like that couldn't as well be pulled? Then I'd have the flexibility to push if I wanted to. Price isn't hideous. Looks like a potential candidate. Thanks for the lead, @David-G.

Hmmm... Billed as a push cart, but I guess there's no reason a cart like that couldn't as well be pulled? Then I'd have the flexibility to push if I wanted to. Price isn't hideous. Looks like a potential candidate. Thanks for the lead, @David-G.

I pull mine about ~30% of the time on the course so far. depending on the hills mainly.

Good luck with your hunt!

My Sun Mountain is so old that it's still got inflatable tires, but it continues to serve me well.

I'm guessing its a little heavier than current stuff and may not fold up as compact, but anything else that a new model (whoever those become available) get me?

I think you should go all out and get this:

Funnily enough, my golfing partner told me at the weekend he has decided to get one of these. Mega money, but they are awesome products. When it comes to golf carts, you absolutely get what you pay for.

I’d do this, not sure what the age limit is to stop tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the push cart for 1 round a few months ago. 4.5 miles. Fine for 9 holes. By the turn I definitely wanted a cart.

One and done. Cart Life.

Walked 9 after work and the humidity was oppressive. A couple quick rain bursts didn't help either. I was, in an attempt to make everyone reading uncomfortable, saturated.

based on recent facebook ads - seems that there are some that are leaving the #pushcartmafia and returning to carts.

based on recent facebook ads - seems that there are some that are leaving the #pushcartmafia and returning to carts.
I suspect most will, but might be a good time to pick up a slightly used cart at a good price.

I suspect most will, but might be a good time to pick up a slightly used cart at a good price.

I have my old Sun Mountain Micro Cart. I would upgrade to a clicgear for the right price. have to see what they want for these so far less than stellar deals.

Here’s a bit of an oddity...stopped by my local GG for the first time since this all began. Found two of these sitting on the showroom floor. (Website shows not available.) 🤷‍♂️

I have entertained the idea of a part-time membership though, because the course I live on has horrible carts, and not very many of them.

Love my speed cart GX. Will love it even more in the fall and winter obviously, but figured out a good way to walk in the summer

as a member for like 30 years I'm aging. In this heat and humidity we don't play much; kind of worse actually then playing in temps below 40. Takes me about 2 days to recover from dehydration and that includes drinking 100oz of gator-aide on course. My walking group calls this time of year off season. Next Season starts in mid-September

I’m officially in. I walked 18 a few weeks ago and even in the Houston heat I was ok. I picked this up and can’t wait to keep walking as much as I can.

E6EB05E9-1740-4E95-BC01-E28A446BC01A.jpeg

IMG_20200503_125551679.jpg

I only ride on guys weekend outings.

I think I play better walking, and my league is nine-holes, do it's perfect for a push cart.

I wish my BB Quad had a better/different console, but not enough to replace it.

An umbrella for shade makes the world of difference in this heat. I can't imagine trying to walk in the heat without the extra shade.

I have started using my cart with my stand bag and will continue to do so, I will only not use it when I don't have the room in the car to take it with me

Finally got a break in the weather this past week and could get back to walking, I play SO much more even keel when I’m walking it’s not funny.

I’ll be continuing to walk. I’ve become very much fond of walking my round. Now there are courses where I’ll cart but that will be very rare. I almost require 36 holes if I’m riding. The nice thing about walking is I feel like I got a good amount of exercise. Playing 18 and riding I feel like I’m just warming up. I’m usually much looser when walking as well.

Back