Even Tour Pro's can have a bad hole.

Snap Hook

I before E,excpt Titleist
Reaction score
Handicap
3 SNGA
Just ask Rory. Sorry that was too easy.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/golf/2011-04-14-2128127265_x.htm

SAN ANTONIO (AP) — Kevin Na will remember the ninth hole at the Texas Open for a long time.

The South Korean set a new low on Thursday for the worst par-4 hole in the U.S. PGA Tour record books, shooting a 15 to plummet to 10-over following a nightmarish sequence of shots.

Na's problems included an unplayable lie from the tee, a two-stroke penalty after the ball ricocheted off a tree and struck him, and five consecutive strokes from the woods.

The worst single-hole score belongs to John Daly, who shot an 18 on the par-5 sixth at Bay Hill in 1998.

Bad = he's on my fantasy team
Not so bad = he only one-putted

I just watched the "highlights" of this hole and that was hard to watch. At least he was laughing about it though, and then went -2 on the back 9.

ask and you shall receive.....enjoy!!!

I would throw that ball in a blender.

the best part about this 5 minute video is the fact it feels like you're watching the Big Foot video from the 60's

the best part about this 5 minute video is the fact it feels like you're watching the Big Foot video from the 60's

Totally, my favorite part though is the wiff, that just adds insult to injury.

if he had a visor he wouldn't do that

Nope with the visor he wouldn't have been in the woods in the first place.

That was a train wreck of a hole for Na. The worst I've had so far was in a Golf Channel Am tournament where I took an 11. Didn't know the rules, felt rushes, and wasn't thinking clearly. Sucked for me and sucks for Na although he took it much better than I did.

Poor guy, I really like Kevin Na and this is just horrendous, but that tee driver throw was probably the sickest reaction i've seen to date. That's better than TW.

I don't know the tournament, but searching google, Tommy Armour scored a 23 on par 5 in 1927. So it could have been a lot worse. :)

Apparently after a review post round, it's now a 16 also. lol

Wow....that was painful to watch. Just wow.:popcorn:

I don't know the tournament, but searching google, Tommy Armour scored a 23 on par 5 in 1927. So it could have been a lot worse. :)

Apparently after a review post round, it's now a 16 also. lol

He actually called it on himself. He took a swing and missed at one point, everyone else thought it was a practice swing to see if anything was in his way, but he admited to it being a swing at the ball.

I feel really bad for Na that was brutal. Adding insult to injury he's playing this hole on national television. That has to really hurt and he is a decent player just a bad string of of luck. Here's hoping he goes low tomorrow to get back in the tourney.

At first it was funny, then it was really really funny, then it got painful when he hit the ball and the ball hit him, after that I felt really bad, until....after he the shot that ricochet's and hits him, he decides to go to a more open area and drop, to which you can hear the announcer in the background say "can he see the flag from there" after that I completely lost it :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Gotta give Na props, he handled that well, a lot better than I imagined he would. Na has a reputation for having a nasty on course temper, I was for sure that he was going to completely lose it and have sergio-esque tirade that involved throwing his clubs and kicking his bag

I assume he couldn't take a unplayable behind the trees on the right? OB maybe?

This is Texas we are talking about right? I bet Bridges could give us some percentages on how many rattlesnakes hide out in the thick brush. Na is lucky he didn't wake up old Jake huh...

Bad = he's on my fantasy team
Not so bad = he only one-putted

Yeah, but how would you like to tell folks it took you 15 strokes to reach the green on a par 4? It was beyond painful to watch as it unfolded.

AHHHHH!! I just watched the video. I've been in a spot like that, but I don't think I've ever shot a 16 on one hole.. Geeze, I feel for him because every golfer at one point in time has been in that spot.

I watched John Daly take a 14 on #18 at Pebble Beach in the US Open and that was tough. 3 in the ocean and a few chops to get it in the cup. That was pretty painful but it's easier to do that when you're hitting 7 off the tee.

He's crazy. I would have taken a mulligan off the tee. Used a foot wedge to get out of the woods. And after all that probably taken a "give me" on the putt. Well, I guess he sunk the putt anyways so that last one's a wash.

Back