Tour Event 2020 US Open Contest and Thread

I was hoping this one would be a little closer down the stretch but I'm happy to see Bryson win it.
Me, too. I'd have been happy to see Wolff win, too.

I'm just beyond delighted that Reed didn't hang around.

Question - Does Bryson length work on links courses though. Ones that are hard and fast. I see him being too long for those types myself
Then he’d just have to club down accordingly. He’s a pretty smart guy, I think he could figure it out. Just like Carnoustie a couple years ago, when the big hitters were going off with irons because the fairways were so burned out.

Insult to injury in the divot. Think he'll ask for relief?

If you can manage these tight, tree lined fairways, you can place it well enough anywhere. The big thing for him would be how high he hits it is it's really blowing

I think he is one dimensional now, high and far. Great until you are hitting into a very strong headwind. The other thing is links golf does rely on lucky bounces too

Question - Does Bryson length work on links courses though. Ones that are hard and fast. I see him being too long for those types myself
His length isn’t a problem at all for links golf. How high he hits the ball definitely could be an issue. Distance control and accuracy are brutal in high winds with high balls.

Me, too. I'd have been happy to see Wolff win, too.

I'm just beyond delighted that Reed didn't hang around.
Wolff would have been a great story to win at age 21 but something tells me he will contend again in many majors.

Well what are Brysons chances to go for two in a row in November? Will Augusta Bryson proof the course?

Wolff with the @Canadan lie in the divot. It’s that kind of day for him

I think he is one dimensional now, high and far. Great until you are hitting into a very strong headwind. The other thing is links golf does rely on lucky bounces too
If you do an impression of him, or at least when I do, it is insane how high you hit the ball. I think it would be very hard to flight down well.

How did he hit that good of a shot out of a divot?

Well what are Brysons chances to go for two in a row in November? Will Augusta Bryson proof the course?
How? Grow the rough up? This weekend has shown that he gives no F’s about that. Maybe they could position trap shooters to shoot his balls down if they go past 300. That might work.

If they Bryson-proof it, they everybody else-proof it too.

That divot was shallow and filled properly. Really not much different than hitting off the fairway.

Bryson pauses long enough to give the Rules Official a quick trigonometry lesson. :ROFLMAO:

How? Grow the rough up? This weekend has shown that he gives no F’s about that. Maybe they could position trap shooters to shoot his balls down if they go past 300. That might work.

If they Bryson-proof it, they everybody else-proof it too.

i think Augusta presents another unique set of challenges and will play vastly different. Offline at Augusta is OB where here there was never any danger of losing a ball unless it wasn’t spotted and found

By hitting it like any other.
My wife just asked me why the announcers were talking about it.

'What's the big problem with playing from a divot?'

'I don't know, babe. Ask the forum guys. Wouldn't bother me at all.'

It’s a natural reaction. But why should anyone ever do anything to reduce long and straight. That’s skill.

By hitting it like any other.
My wife just asked me why the announcers were talking about it.

'What's the big problem with playing from a divot?'

'I don't know, babe. Ask the forum guys. Wouldn't bother me at all.'
Yeah, that comment was very facitious. I don't see the issue either, but some do for some reason.

That’s a horrendous last round from Wolff.

This was one hell of a tournament for Bryson. He is going to be the only one in the red and didn’t shoot over par any day this week.

The man went in with a plan and it worked.

Back