Cobra Introduces the New White S3 Driver

That is why Cobra had Poulter put the white driver in play just before the R11 launch. A bit of gamesmanship.

Or could it be that TaylorMade just signed one of their best players and announced it while he was still under contract with Cobra? Hmmmm.

I definitely like the looks of this! I might have to give the edge to the R11 due to the black face, but this S3 is sure a looker!

I definitely like the looks of this! I might have to give the edge to the R11 due to the black face, but this S3 is sure a looker!

I agree the r11 looks better, but I bet the s3 would be more appealing, performance wise, to the majority of golfers. I have a list of like 9 drivers to demo after the completion of my lessons.

Edit: make that 10. This thing is great looking!

That is a sweet looking club.

Love the look... I have to laugh though looking at the RAZR Hawk ads. BUT, this is a club I'd DEFINITELY be interested in gaming. I have been considering looking more so at cobra recently. I'm not exactly in the market persay for an upgrade just yet so we'll see. I'd definitely love to take this one for a ride just based on looks alone.

I dont know if Id game it but Id own it.

a quick google search, and this driver is $349! i might have to sell the 2.0! as my orginal s3 was alot better then the 2.0 sf so far... i just cant along with it yet...

This thing is GORGEOUS! I'm really hating that I recently purchased a driver. This thing would give me so much confidence just from holding it. I really liked the S3 before and man could I bomb it. Cobra has really outdone themselves with this design and new color scheme.

and so the change to white continues to grow............(sorry Callaway, you know it's gonna happen with your driver sooner or later!)

Great looking stick, the white crown craze continues.

I hope they have one of these at my local golf store's demo day next week. I'd like to see how it looks in person and how it performs.

and so the change to white continues to grow............(sorry Callaway, you know it's gonna happen with your driver sooner or later!)

I don't think I could ever see a white Ping driver though.

For some strange reason I like the white version better than the black version. That is purely on looks of course.

im with ya, if i liked my S3 black, then im going to love this!!! this driver will be mine!! sucks its not gonna be out for a couple weeks

then again I'm sure some people said 'there will never be a white driver' to begin with and look where we are now.....

If your arguement was for Titleist being traditionalists I could see that.....maybe a little with PING too but I think Bubba alone is making PING 'not your father's PING' and is giving a little edge and hipness to PING now. Ultimately I wouldn't be shocked to see him start using a white PING driver at some point....Bubba-long in white? Yeah there's some money to be made there and marketing gold to be had.

you're welcome PING for this brilliant idea......
true but Ping is such the traditionalists I don't know if they will.

I hit the S3 a few weeks ago at a demo day and really liked it. The white just looks so much better than the standard offering as well.
That is a steep jump in cost though to get this limited edition. But I'd say the Cobra lovers out there will gobble it up!

This is a gorgeous stick!

I finally was able to see an R11 in person a month ago (I know, I'm wayyy behind) and I loved the styling!

Honestly, I was very shy to the fact of a white driver, but I quickly warmed up after I hit it a few times at Golf Galaxy!

This driver looks great. And if it hits just like the original version, then it hits as well as it looks. I had good numbers with the other driver I hit, and the white added on makes it tempting to purchase.

I hit the S3 a few weeks ago at a demo day and really liked it. The white just looks so much better than the standard offering as well.
That is a steep jump in cost though to get this limited edition. But I'd say the Cobra lovers out there will gobble it up!

Eh?
Most places are retailing the S3 for $299 and this for $349 from what I can see. $50 to jump up to the RIP Beta shaft is plently cheap aside from the whole white, limted edition thing.

The ZL is still my favorite looking white driver, but this is pretty close. Very nice. I also think Cobra has the best adjustable tech. Easy sensible settings and easy to pop out the adapter and try new shafts. Hope it does well.

The public will determine whether these other makers go with white or not, and if enough start switching because these makers aren't producing then they will have to switch. Lot's of lost $$$$ if they don't.

Back