The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah please don't remind me. I told my wife it was a dream wedding or a Porsche... obviously she chose wedding. I ended up with an Xterra... eventually haha.

Eh, the Nissan is much more reliable. I had lunch with an old friend yesterday who used to have a Boxster. I asked him how it was - he said he traded it in for Saturn Aura! :disapointed:

Lol @ the XX beer guy bowling over hand. I love those commercials.

Hey now, we know it's a SEXterra!

Damn skippy. Although the Sexterra might be on its last legs. Getting old has its downside.

Damn skippy. Although the Sexterra might be on its last legs. Getting old has its downside.

uh oh, what's on the radar dude?

uh oh, what's on the radar dude?

I've always had my eye on a new mancard robbing, I might as well be neutered, minivan. Need something to truck the herd around plus all the cargo that goes with that. Although the new Siennas look pretty bada$$ or that could just be my sad attempt to coolify a minivan.

I've always had my eye on a new mancard robbing, I might as well be neutered, minivan. Need something to truck the herd around plus all the cargo that goes with that. Although the new Siennas look pretty bada$$ or that could just be my sad attempt to coolify a minivan.

Not a minivan! We actually used to own a 1st Gen Sienna (1999). It was my wife's though. They've come a long way in looks and power. I think the new ones with the V6 have like 260hp, which I think is a lot for a minivan. Maybe you could drop it, tint the windows, put on some nice forged wheels...

That show is nuts.. honestly those people are really weird and kind of disgusted me.

But what they get away with is unreal and practically stealing. It's awesome. I wish I could pay 9cents for 61 bottles of detergent, 17 gallons of milk, 98 bags of croutons, 6 industrial packs of tampons, and a jar of instant coffee and a 2 lb tub of cheez whiz.

....That sounds like a mean sandwich.

But what they get away with is unreal and practically stealing. It's awesome. I wish I could pay 9cents for 61 bottles of detergent, 17 gallons of milk, 98 bags of croutons, 6 industrial packs of tampons, and a jar of instant coffee and a 2 lb tub of cheez whiz.

....That sounds like a mean sandwich.

That's the stupidity of it, the one I watched this one guy filled 1 cart with just toothbrushes.. why in the hell does he need that many toothbrushes? So what if he gets them for free.

Not a minivan! We actually used to own a 1st Gen Sienna (1999). It was my wife's though. They've come a long way in looks and power. I think the new ones with the V6 have like 260hp, which I think is a lot for a minivan. Maybe you could drop it, tint the windows, put on some nice forged wheels...

I was gonna put some tens in the back and put a flatscreen back there with a portable DTV dish with a modded drink well where the rear seat wells are. :D

I'm not cool enough though so I'll stick with the stock offering. I'll just save up so when the midlife crisis hits I can buy the Porsche that was destined to be mine.

Extreme Couponing is an AWESOME show.

Thainer I checked out that show for the first time last night too! HOLY CRAP I couldn't turn it off! The fact that they are saving 97%+ on groceries is just unreal. I say more power to them. However I don't understand a few of the purchases like 72 bottles of mustard. I don't think my family and yours combined would use 72 bottles of mustard in our lifetime. However, other non perishables such as paper products and toothbrushes I totally understand. You will always need them and use them and they never go bad. Why not? The crouton thing though was a little much... unless they're using them as some kind of chip or snack? That's not for me to decide I guess. But the lady who bought 142 excedrin PMs because she was basically paid $0.50 per bottle to take them out of the store, that's impressive.

I asked my wife to start looking more into coupons. if we could even save 25-50% on our groceries, i'd be able to play golf 5x a week!

Durango/Explorer.
But if it has to be done... there is the new Caravan R/T that will out handle a lot of sedans out there.

Yes it is my friend. Andrea is the best at couponing that I know and Ill have to get some tips for when I move out. She went to the store the other day, $120 worth of groceries for $35. Everything will be used. Not even her best though. It's not always that much but if you plan, you can really save some $$. Kids eat a lot of food so to see how some of these people stock up its not suprising.

I also hear they give to charity and whatnot. I guess until you have to go cheap to eat or feed a family it may not seem like a big deal but man does every little bit help. Not directed at anyone at all just sayin for those who think its pointless.

Extreme Couponing is an AWESOME show.

Yoccos said what I was going to. All the stuff you don't need just donate it or give it away to people you know. I had a buddy in highschool and we were roomates in college, his mom did all that stuff and she had a closet full of toilet paper. We took 4-5 big cases of it down there to use. We never ran out of toothpaste, soap or toilet paper. She has this massive binder full of coupons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it is my friend. Andrea is the best at couponing that I know and Ill have to get some tips for when I move out. She went to the store the other day, $120 worth of groceries for $35. Everything will be used. Not even her best though. It's not always that much but if you plan, you can really save some $$. Kids eat a lot of food so to see how some of these people stock up its not suprising.

I also hear they give to charity and whatnot. I guess until you have to go cheap to eat or feed a family it may not seem like a big deal but man does every little bit help. Not directed at anyone at all just sayin for those who think its pointless.

I think there's a pride issue there as well.
Groupon sites have a lot of deals at fancy restaurants... but how many times does the waiter frown on people who use those groupons? I'm just a student so I don't care, but I know some people may have issues.

No doubt. I know when I use those groupons I still tip more than I normally would just because I pass some of it on to them. But yeah sometimes I know they do that. I bet they'vebeen burned but I mean, they can get burned without a coupon. Its all about making things work and sometimes you don't make as much money as you'd like.

I think there's a pride issue there as well.
Groupon sites have a lot of deals at fancy restaurants... but how many times does the waiter frown on people who use those groupons? I'm just a student so I don't care, but I know some people may have issues.

No doubt. I know when I use those groupons I still tip more than I normally would just because I pass some of it on to them. But yeah sometimes I know they do that. I bet they'vebeen burned but I mean, they can get burned without a coupon. Its all about making things work and sometimes you don't make as much money as you'd like.

Agreed, and in the end - the establishment is still getting business. What are they complaining about?

I'm watching some Euro Tour golf and there's a young Englishman golfer named James Morrison. How much did his parents get it wrong?

Youjust reminded me I suck at Fantasy Golf and forgot to pick AGAIN. But yes, I don't get how you'd miss it.

I'm watching some Euro Tour golf and there's a young Englishman golfer named James Morrison. How much did his parents get it wrong?

Youjust reminded me I suck at Fantasy Golf and forgot to pick AGAIN. But yes, I don't get how you'd miss it.

You and One-T are Ike and Tina!!

He forgot as well. For the record, Brian Gay is ripping Harbor Town a new one.

Lol, some say it's fate TC. Imagine if I make the treck to NC! POW.

I saw a little video they did on him for Golf Channel while I was at the gym the other day. I don't know why it surprised me but wasn't how I pictured him. He's had some success there haha.

You and One-T are Ike and Tina!!

He forgot as well. For the record, Brian Gay is ripping Harbor Town a new one.

currently watching Tom Watson's Lessons of a Lifetime special on Golf Channel (dvr'd). Some good tips for golfing under pressure. The obvious one: walk slower to keep in your own tempo. The other I thought was interesting was when you get going and the club feels like a feather, Tom said to turn the club around and take a few swings with the club head near your hands; if you're out of rhythm and too quick, you're going to notice. Then flip the club back around to normal and swing. You'll feel the clubhead again and stay in rhythm......interesting, veeeery interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back