Yes! Golf Relaunches

Having been a Yes! Tracy II owner, I'm glad to see that still in the lineup. I like the thought process of the C-Grooves and having the opportunity to visit their old facility in Denver was pretty cool. They helped me a lot when I was fitted and brought up a few things I had not thought up before. I'll be rooting for them, although I think they're definitely overpriced at this rate.

I have to say that I would have liked to see them involve the Adams name in some way. Shrink down the line a little bit and do a new launch. However I know they are sitting on a ton of inventory and do have to move it.

Yes indeed. 10 tons in China to be exact. Adams picked up inventory in Denver (valued in December at $1.1 million) andithe right to purchase the inventory in China (valued in December at $1.2 million). The inventory in China was said to be 20,000 putters.

How are they going to be any different than before? I mean, a company fails, someone buys them out, and produces something so similar to the product line that failed them?

But you need to look at why the previous company failed. It was mostly a cash flow/liquidity problem of the equity owners. Had they had the financial where-with-all of a large corporation, things would have been different. With the debt markets essentially frozen, smaller companies can have difficulty surviving extended blips in reduced discretionary spending. Of course, this then becomes a prime opportunity for a larger company to come in, purchase the inventory and technology on the cheap, and use their stonger financial backing and distribution relationships to make a decent chunk of change.

I like the Yes putters. I have a Yes Tiffany, but I decided that she wasn't working well for me and I gave her to my daughter. Tiffany is still around. I should try her again, but I think we had her shorted. (She is a pink one)

The little birdie was yapping and saying something about paying attention next week because we might have something fun with these putters.

While the price seems to be in line with other similar quality putters, it seems excessive when you can purchase so many different styles of YES putter now for under $50. Was just looking at Rockbottom and they have 15 different models for $40.

I just ordered another Carolyne from them as a back up.

The little birdie was yapping and saying something about paying attention next week because we might have something fun with these putters.

I love it when the birdie speaks to you JB, looking forward to next week as I have always liked Yes putters.

We'll be getting all of these models in. We just talked to the rep from Adams who said they will be priced at $150, with the belly, long and forged models being more. I have used the Marylin for years. I think I'll be taking a Laura with me to the outing (the pink one, of course). I'm a big fan of of the Yes! putters and was really happy Adams picked them up.

& of course, if you're interested, PM for me a deal :).

I >LOVE< the little birs that flutter around here!

I always found the ball to come 'hot' off of the face. It may have been due to the immediate roll, but I never could get used to the feeling.

I definitely had a tough time transitioning into this process but once I got used to it, it was absolutely noticeable the difference in roll.

i have never had a chance to game one of these, but they always looked like super high quality putters. hopefully they will be more easily available in stores now.

All the years I played YES putters I never saw an ad. I would just see The Goose winning majors and putting with it frequently. I was introduced to the putter in Portland at Pumkin Ridge by Chris Smith. He was using it as a training aid. Maybe The marketing of the putter will be better by the new owner. You know...a commercial or two
I always saw Yes! putters as an etlist putter, sort of like the BMW car.

Don't know how I missed JB's post about the little birdie and these putters and next week, but that's pretty cool. I've always been a fan of Yes! putters, even though I've never owned one. I will be looking forward to more news.

I owned a Yes Callie a few years back. I loved the look - but the putter just wasn't for me. I couldn't "feel" anything with it. I traded to a buddy who absolutely loves it.

I had to contact their customer service dept. about a defective magnetized head cover, and was VERY impressed by their responsiveness, timeliness, and willingness to help. They replaced the defective headcover for free, no questions asked!

I was very excited when I heard that Adams had purchased the YES! company. Even though I have yet to try one of their putters with the way that I have been struggling with putting the last couple of years anything is possible.

So pleased to hear that YES are re launching in the States. I live in England and YES is and always has been going strong here. I own a YES Carolyne and I love it, it has been discontinued but it has given me much needed confidence. If you are struggling, like me, with putting then give this a whirl...very nice. Good luck and a big thanks to the people at YES.

I recently bought a Sandy Yes! putter after having a custom fitting session. The C grooves made the ball roll so much better than anything else I tried. Before I had a Odyssey Sabretooth and the Yes! feels 100 times better. Everyone is different though

Wish they would use the Adams name and have a black finish.

Back