What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries dude, you'll come back with a vengeance next round. I feel your pain with the flatstick, no other club can make a round or ruin it like that. Where did you play?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I played a t a course in South Ash-Vegas called Broadmoor. It's my favorite course around here. Pale Hundy's played it.

I wanted to fling my putter in the lake dude. Seriously.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I shot a 80 today. Went out in 39 and came home in 41. I hit a good amount of fairways (10/14) and greens (11/18) but couldn't score. Hell, I just couldn't putt. Had 38 putts today. That's pretty pathetic. Way too many 3 jacks. I missed a birdie putt from 2 feet, didn't even touch the hole. I need a DART.

Haha it's about time you had a score over 80, we all get those bad ones once in awhile TC. You will bounce back I guarantee it. I think you should be happy you still hit that many greens and fairways. :D

Ole Gray just whupped me on 9 holes. He shot 40 and I shot 42. I played senior tees and he played white. When I get my putter working good again, I'm gonna whup him good! It was fun to get out in the evening when the course is almost empty. We had a great time.

Played the first official 18 holes today. Shot 41 on the front nine and 38 on the back for a 79 total. I was pretty pumped considering i've never broken 80 within my first week of the season before, nevermind the first round. Driver wasnt great on the front but it didnt mess me up too bad. Only had 2 bad holes on the front (triple bogey and a double bogey) Then on the back i was one under going into the last 4 holes on the course (the 4 hardest greens on the course). ended up going 4 straight bogeys to finish with a 38.

Played the first official 18 holes today. Shot 41 on the front nine and 38 on the back for a 79 total. I was pretty pumped considering i've never broken 80 within my first week of the season before, nevermind the first round. Driver wasnt great on the front but it didnt mess me up too bad. Only had 2 bad holes on the front (triple bogey and a double bogey) Then on the back i was one under going into the last 4 holes on the course (the 4 hardest greens on the course). ended up going 4 straight bogeys to finish with a 38.

Without those bogeys, triple, and a double that could have been an easy 74 or 75.

I shot a 80 today. Went out in 39 and came home in 41. I hit a good amount of fairways (10/14) and greens (11/18) but couldn't score. Hell, I just couldn't putt. Had 38 putts today. That's pretty pathetic. Way too many 3 jacks. I missed a birdie putt from 2 feet, didn't even touch the hole. I need a DART.

no need to start smoking again just because of some bad putting! Still 80 is a decent round, you can be in the 70's every round Capn.

no need to start smoking again just because of some bad putting! Still 80 is a decent round, you can be in the 70's every round Capn.

Haha, that brought back memories. Thanks bro. It can't get much worse on the greens that's for sure.

Me and my scramble team shot -16 in the Ali's Hope Charity Golf Tourney at alaqua lakes. We had a blast but we were beaten by two shots to a pretty good bunch of golfers. All for a great cause!

I havent golfed in 8 days, im going through withdrawl...STUPID RAIN

I havent golfed in 8 days, im going through withdrawl...STUPID RAIN

That sucks dude. We're about to get rained out for a few days starting in a few hours. I've had my calender circled for a few months on a demo day this saturday and right now the forcast is thunderstorms, no me gusta.

Shot a 94 (51-43) here (69.8/119) today, it's the same course that's hosting said demo day. Overall I'd say there were good things. Horrible Iron play for the most part for the bad things. It took awhile to adjust to their greens after playing a couple weeks worth on the ultra easy greens on my home course.
Hit a chip nice 7 iron for my 3rd fon the par 5 from under a tree to, i want to say 6 feet, on 1, but horribly misread the par putt and made bogey. Had a nice up and down from front edge of the fairway on the par 3 second. the third is where it all fell apart. hooked a 7 iron from the right rough into the front bunker, whole lotta sand between me and the green, took 3 shots to get out onto the fringe. hunter mahan'd a chip, 4 putted for a 10. whoa. The sand was disapointing but expected because my bunker game sucks and it's the area I work on the least, it is disapointing because I had been working on a new technique, also there was ahead of me walking, an old dude behind me and a foursome behind him. my saga on 3 was the only time the old guy had to wait for me when I wasn't waiting on the dude ahead of me (it wasn't slow or anything, maybe a 2 minute wait at most); now I don't want to say that I rushed myself and that allowed the mistakes to pile up, but the results, especially considering how I putted the rest of the day, indicate otherwise. Made double on the next two holes (couple of bad pitches and a drive into a fairway bunker that was more misjudged wind than a bad swing) then bogeyed out. All drives, while not in the fairway, were in good position for an approach but my irons are bad.

The back nine is where it got interesting. made a 5 footer to get up and down for par on the par 5 10th. Hit a decent chip and made a late left breaking 4 footer for par on par 4 11th. I cover the par at the par 4 12th in the shot of the day thread. hit my approach (which was a risky shot) into the water on 14, made double. two putted from 40 feet all downhill for bogey on 13. bombed a drive down wind on 15 to 84 yards out. Wanted to hit lob wedge but went safe with the 52, ended up hittng the green and bouncing off long, made bogey. another bogey at 16. hit poor chips at 17 and 18 that left me with 10 footers for par that I misread.

Played 9 last night, shot a 39. 6 pars and 3 bogeys. Still keeping driver in the bag and using 3w off tee. One bad shot with 3w, punched out and missed par putt. Topped a 6-iron on a par 3 and ended up missing a par putt. On a narrow par 4 I got unlucky and got a left kick on a fairway that usually kicks balls right and ended up behind a rock and a tree. Missed another par putt. All in all I hit the ball well and just misjudged some irons in the wind. I could not get the speed of the greens down. Missed a few makeable putts.

played 9 in a work league last night and shot 43. We litterally ran to the first tee we played (#16) from the parking lot to get out in front of a high school league. Might have been the tightest course I've ever played. A ton of blind tee shots and it really put a premium on fairways. we played 16-18 and then 10-15 to get around the league, ended up with 18 putts but only 3 GIRs and 2 fairways.

We replayed 16-18 again and I was 1 over with 2 really good 1 putts and a tough 2 putt par on a tricky 18th green. I'm excited with the direction of my putting, just need to find a few more fairways and greens.

after an epic round yesterday i just wanted to play a relaxing round... instead it was frustrating
shot a horrendous 90 today and my playing partner didnt help... dude was a downer
quit golf if you think you suck so bad ugggh

After my first ever league event melt down last week ( 56 for 9 ), I made it back out to the same course today under very windy but not as cold conditions and shot a 42, which is more my norm. Thankfully, I didn't see any of those dreaded weak sh**ks with every iron and hybrid in my bag this outing! Had 3 nice 150-160 yard approaches within 20 feet in strong winds so it felt pretty good. Driving and putting was rather weak or it could have been a very nice 9 holes--only 1 fairway and 3 3-putts!

Well, I played another 9 holes today at a soggy, rainy course around here called Indian Run. Met up with a buddy right after football conditioning and we hustled out onto the course. Hit the driver a little better today than I did yesterday but, of course, didn't play as well around the green. The result? Same score as yesterday, haha, another 43. I definitely would've shot better if I weren't hitting so many shots out of what amounted to essentially be wetlands. But, that's an excuse. I'll take it.

First official round of the year today. I was so excited to pay off my dues that I couldn't sleep last night. Let me start off by saying I was actually pretty disappointed and not too happy about the end result.

I shot a 39/41 for an 80 today.
10/14 Fairways
10/18 Greens
34 Putts

I was not happy once again with my short game, every single one of my chips were just easy runners that I should be tapping in for par. I left all of them short and had 3-4 footers for par, which I missed every time. I 3 putted the first 2 greens for bogey. My short game was just so off and once again cost me a TON of strokes. I am having trouble finding a club for the distance in between 125-135 as I can't seem to hit a 1/2 - 3/4 pitching wedge. Not being able to hit that shot cost me a double on 10 as I was just pretty long on everything. I only hit driver 5 times today as well.

After a bit more practise I went out and played another front 9. I shot a 38 (+2).

Once again my driving and irons were just on, short game and putting off. I demoed the SF 2.0 and WOW!!!

Hole 1: Cut hybrid to the fairway, 130 out hit a sketchy PW left green. 2 putt par.
Hole 2: Fairway drive, 157 out hit a nice 9 iron to 4 feet, missed putt. Par
Hole 3: Fairway drive (honestly measured it at 320) Chunked 52* from 125 to greenside, terrible chip, 2 putt bogey.
Hole 4: 210, hit a 4 iron over the green was able to lag it to 2 feet, tap in par.
Hole 5: 4 iron tee shot, 8 iron to the corner, 52* to centre, made bird.
Hole 6: hybrid didnt draw and went into the trees, punch out, 148 PW to centre of green, 2 putt bogey.
Hole 7: Drive ran out of fairway, pushed PW hole high right, bad chip again, 2 putt bogey.
Hole 8: Pushed 7 iron from about 175 over green, terrible pitch LONG that left me a good 10 footer, made the putt par.
Hole 9: Drive down the middle, pushed hybrid from about 233 out, short 20 yard pitch onto the green to 4 feet, missed putt AGAIN! Par.

Played my second round of the year today. I had a total of 5 double bogeys and 4 bogeys to shoot a very dissapointing 13 over par 84. My tee shots were just awful. anytime i went near the driver it was garunteed i would have to punch out. Not to mention i hit a few wedges fat from about 50 yards out which isnt normal for me. A couple positives i can take out of the day would be, my mid irons were pretty pure today and my putter was working well again today. I made some pretty clutch putts.

Played my second round of the year today. I had a total of 6 double bogeys and 4 bogeys to shoot a very dissapointing 13 over par 84. My tee shots were just awful. anytime i went near the driver it was garunteed i would have to punch out. Not to mention i hit a few wedges fat from about 50 yards out which isnt normal for me. A couple positives i can take out of the day would be, my mid irons were pretty pure today and my putter was working well again today. I made some pretty clutch putts.

Fixed it for you, just counted your card, you had 6 doubles.

Dent after a winter of not hitting a club for 6 months thats a sick score and your yardages are stupid long! The short game I think takes the most time to work the rust off, so I'm sure your going to start going low really soon. Great job man.

Dent after a winter of not hitting a club for 6 months thats a sick score and your yardages are stupid long! The short game I think takes the most time to work the rust off, so I'm sure your going to start going low really soon. Great job man.

Thanks breeze, I honestly am already hitting it like I never have before.. and some points during the round I was already thinking about getting close to scratch this year. I think i'll be satisfied getting into the 3's though.

Thanks man. An 84 with 6 double bogeys. Kind of depressing

its 1 round... you can shake it off and get it out of your system... better a bad score now only 2 rounds into the season than later when youre playing well deep into the season or during a competition

82 in lots of wind. Even though I left more than a few out there, I'll take it considering the conditions.

a 74 on a par 3 with one par 4 course. Too slow going and couldn't get any swing rhythm going at all. Still the putting and short game were better this time out.

Next round is on Friday on a course that I used to be a member of 20 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back