Not yet, was asked to check some specs, so did that today.
Asking for a friend, how were the specs?

Asking for a friend, how were the specs?

I only checked the two irons.
One was spot on. The other was off a bit. Quick bend and all set.

These irons are so much fun, now that I have settled down with the Paderson shafts things are getting much more acurate for me.

A brief update on a set of irons too few will try, these have really gotten to be very reliable and with the Paderson shafts the 8-11 irons are so good I have started pin hunting. The 7-5 are still giving me some confusing results and maybe tomorrow I am going to have specs checked, it seems odd the rest are so easy to hit. Most likely just me, but that is too easy and it is never my fault:cool:

Took these in today to get the lofts and lies checked, they were all spot on except for the 8,9 &11. The 8 & 9 were 1* flat and the 11 was 1* strong.

So darn close and allowing for the machine and guy measuring I guess it could be said they are within tolerance of most Companies I was really expecting some of them to be upright due to the strike pattern but that must be on me. Perhaps I need to go a degree or two flat being 1/2" over standard length and seeing the strike pattern.

Got the TR20P adjusted 1 deg flat today, seemed to help with getting better contact off the mat. We will see on Sunday if it helps on a actual Course.

It appears going one deg flat has helped my contact, I normally pull several shots a round and par three's are not my friend. Today pretty much everything was where I was aiming and basically straight, it took a few holes to trust it was going straight and then even up to the 5 iron things were pretty darn reliable.
I was not expecting a huge change with just one degree difference but @Thechosen1 commented it was the best ball striking day he has seen out of me in a long time and maybe just the added confidence made the difference.

My friend who I play 80% of my golf with said today " you better not look at other irons" as I was talking about the P770 but hitting some pin seeking iron shots.

For most of the round I was really hitting these well, high online shots that were just fun to see. These are strong lofted clubs but the spin I get is very playable with the Paderson Shafts. Drop and stop for the most part and since I got them adjusted the 5 iron has become my friend on par 5's for the second shot when laying up and Par 3's for the 180-190 shot if there is room to play it to the front of the green and run it up.

I am still going to do the fitting at CC and try the 110 Paderson and other shafts in the TR20 V & P line, TM P770 and it the cards line up the Mizuno line but he is right, I could and should just leave things alone and play golf.

But that is nearly impossible......there might still be a unicorn waiting to be found out there.

i hit the tr20 v today. wowzers it was solid! a little more offset than i preferred, but the results did not lie. excellent launch and spin. as i got more comfortable, i was seeing 7i carrying over 180 on quad but maintaining just over 5k spin which is great for me. these have some serious oomph but still check a lot of boxes. excellent irons here.

i hit the tr20 v today. wowzers it was solid! a little more offset than i preferred, but the results did not lie. excellent launch and spin. as i got more comfortable, i was seeing 7i carrying over 180 on quad but maintaining just over 5k spin which is great for me. these have some serious oomph but still check a lot of boxes. excellent irons here.
That's awesome. They're one of my absolute favorites. If I didn't have and really like my 747V's I would own them. They're so good. I've tried to get as many people as I can to try them because they can get a little forgotten.

I hit a set of Honma's over the weekend. THey were an older demo and I don't recall which set. They've been at the local golfmart for a while and I finally had to hit them. I have a soft spot for labeling the 10 and 11 irons instead of Pw and GW/AW.

anyone else try these irons? i watched a review recently and they were raving about the p. i didn’t hit the p, but i loved the v.

anyone else try these irons? i watched a review recently and they were raving about the p. i didn’t hit the p, but i loved the v.
I've hit them both. @Blade Man has the P. He might offer some on course takes. I like the V, but that's no surprise probably, but also not as much as the 747V prior. Seemed like they added some offset with the TR20 in comparison. The cavity shape is leaner/sleeker on these, but I think it affected feel a bit. Thought for a while about them though, and I think they got some really good reviews.

I'm not surprised the P did either. Really good shape for how powerful they are. Similar in loft and distance to CF19 but a little less offset. At least visually, imo. Look and feel really nice for the category and a huge step up from the look oF their previous P that was a really strong performer, but ugly as sin. lol]

Wait.. I just remembered, didn't you get one of them?!

Also just realized is definitely not a new thread. :LOL:

I've hit them both. @Blade Man has the P. He might offer some on course takes. I like the V, but that's no surprise probably, but also not as much as the 747V prior. Seemed like they added some offset with the TR20 in comparison. The cavity shape is leaner/sleeker on these, but I think it affected feel a bit. Thought for a while about them though, and I think they got some really good reviews.

I'm not surprised the P did either. Really good shape for how powerful they are. Similar in loft and distance to CF19 but a little less offset. At least visually, imo. Look and feel really nice for the category and a huge step up from the look oF their previous P that was a really strong performer, but ugly as sin. lol]

i haven’t bought them yet

I like the idea of an iron with the forgiveness and feel of the CF19 but a bit less offset. I have never been anti offset but I do wish my CF19s had a bit less offset.

They are great irons, I had the P for a while and really loved them. To be honest I liked them more than the present PXG 0311T but the PXG T model is more related to the V then the P and I as usual overloaded my a$$ with my eye/ego and should have gone with the 0311P but the T just fit my eye better...

I like the idea of an iron with the forgiveness and feel of the CF19 but a bit less offset. I have never been anti offset but I do wish my CF19s had a bit less offset.

honma ran some really good deals at the end of the year. not sure if those deals are still going. if you can test the tr20, you may love them. they’re pretty amazing. it was a tossup between tr20 and miura tc201. i LOVED the tc201, but it felt and performed the same as tr20. main differences were tc201 had less offset, but were like twice the price. so i landed on the tr20.

honma ran some really good deals at the end of the year. not sure if those deals are still going. if you can test the tr20, you may love them. they’re pretty amazing. it was a tossup between tr20 and miura tc201. i LOVED the tc201, but it felt and performed the same as tr20. main differences were tc201 had less offset, but were like twice the price. so i landed on the tr20.

My CF19s are less than a year old right now so swapping them would cause problems with the bride. She doesn't know what is in my bag but she pays the bills so it is hard to hide things. Particularly now that she is working from home and sees all the boxes come in.

My CF19s are less than a year old right now so swapping them would cause problems with the bride. She doesn't know what is in my bag but she pays the bills so it is hard to hide things. Particularly now that she is working from home and sees all the boxes come in.

haha they’re good irons, but they’re not THAT good!

To me they are similar to the CF19 only smaller profile. Both are great and I’ve been going back and forth. I prefer the Honma but tend to play better with the CF19, atleast during the cold weather months.

i have had the tr20v in the bag for a few rounds, and have been incredibly impressed. my last round really stands out. i was my typical dumba$$ off the tee, spraying it everywhere with very little distance. the tees i picked weren't the longest, but the tee game was so bad i was left with a lot of second shots in the 170-200 range. and i was absolutely sticking the approach shots. 5i and 6i finishing inside 10', and stopping on a dime. it was kinda silly how good these performed.

i don't think the tr20v has an impressive tech story, but the feel and performance is about as good as anything i've played in recent memory. out of the heel they feel decent, out of the toe they feel wretched but perform pretty well. out of the middle they are everything you would expect and want in a forged iron with great trajectory, very workable, and excellent spin.

these irons have an uphill battle to stay in the bag this year over a set of callaway apex pro 21 i have arriving soon. but i can say for certain that they'll put up a helluva fight.

i have had the tr20v in the bag for a few rounds, and have been incredibly impressed. my last round really stands out. i was my typical dumba$$ off the tee, spraying it everywhere with very little distance. the tees i picked weren't the longest, but the tee game was so bad i was left with a lot of second shots in the 170-200 range. and i was absolutely sticking the approach shots. 5i and 6i finishing inside 10', and stopping on a dime. it was kinda silly how good these performed.

i don't think the tr20v has an impressive tech story, but the feel and performance is about as good as anything i've played in recent memory. out of the heel they feel decent, out of the toe they feel wretched but perform pretty well. out of the middle they are everything you would expect and want in a forged iron with great trajectory, very workable, and excellent spin.

these irons have an uphill battle to stay in the bag this year over a set of callaway apex pro 21 i have arriving soon. but i can say for certain that they'll put up a helluva fight.
I'm still really intrigued by these irons. What shaft did you go with?

I'm still really intrigued by these irons. What shaft did you go with?

these have modus 115 limited edition black in stiff flex.

i can’t hang my hat on any crazy cool tech they bests other irons. but i still think they perform great. they look feel and sound great. if you’re into tech stories, i don’t think these will get you excited. but if you hit them, i have a feeling you might surprised at how well they perform.

Back