Going to play devils advocate a little bit, how was the person familiar with the situation know? A healthcare worker isn’t going to leak the information out, that is a massive HIPAA violation. If it’s not Notah, then it feels like a typical assumption, edit later.

Edit: HIPAA fixed. Siri doesn’t like to play along.

Last edited:
This has me shaken. Stuff like this isn’t supposed to happen.

Going to play devils advocate a little bit, how was the person familiar with the situation know? A healthcare worker isn’t going to leave the information out, that is a massive HIIPA violation. If it’s not Notah, then it feels like a typical assumption, edit later.
I hear ya. This was quote by Shackleford. Its also been reported several times in the last two hours. So my assumption is that it was leaked well before he ever got to the hospital. But then again im jumping to some conclusions that make sense and not much in crappy media makes much sense. You could ask how quickly TMZ got ahold of the news.....

This has me shaken. Stuff like this isn’t supposed to happen.
The thing is, is that it happens everyday to normal people and we don’t hear about it or feel it. I know you know that. One of the things I learned when I was 16 years old is that it is important to remember that each time we see a loved one, it may be our last time. One night, my dad picked me up from work. The next morning, my brother and I were called home from school to learn that he was gone. that last car ride home with my dad would have been different if I had only known... but we never do.

The thing is, is that it happens everyday to normal people and we don’t hear about it or feel it. I know you know that. One of the things I learned when I was 16 years old is that it is important to remember that each time we see a loved one, it may be our last time. One night, my dad picked me up from work. The next morning, my brother and I were called home from school to learn that he was gone. that last car ride home with my dad would have been different if I had only known... but we never do.
Do we not or are people just not watching the news. Because an accident where a car turns over goes flying off the road, etc appears on our news every time they happen.

That’s what I am thinking, but I have no idea. I can say that it warmed my heart to read those words. Neither he nor his loved ones need that right now.

Stating at this time that there was no evidence of impairment would create serious reasonable doubt down the road if DUI were charged.

Went to the CNN school of media coverage
Not saying its right or wrong. But I would say this. When multiple outlets report something numerous times, more than likely its at least partially a true story. When one does and noone else quotes it or talks about it, then its bunk. In this case, it seems like people are just saying and jumping to conclusions. However, the sheriff did mention leg injuries and inability to remove himself from the vehicle.

It's a little worrisome we haven't heard he's out of surgery yet. Compound fractures can be tricky, hope he can heal up and play again, reminds me a bit of Ben Hogan and his wreck.

Going to play devils advocate a little bit, how was the person familiar with the situation know? A healthcare worker isn’t going to leave the information out, that is a massive HIIPA violation. If it’s not Notah, then it feels like a typical assumption, edit later.
It’s HIPAA.
but let’s not let that get in the way of an agenda

• Sad
Reactions: JB
Do we not or are people just not watching the news. Because an accident where a car turns over goes flying off the road, etc appears on our news every time they happen.
That is why is said “or feel it.” There is an incredible amount of news reported regarding accidents, but we don’t notice it unless it is a loved one or a hero, celebrity, etc.

I hear ya. This was quote by Shackleford. Its also been reported several times in the last two hours. So my assumption is that it was leaked well before he ever got to the hospital. But then again im jumping to some conclusions that make sense and not much in crappy media makes much sense. You could ask how quickly TMZ got ahold of the news.....

Oh I’m sure TMZ was all over it. Some say he’s out of surgery now. Some say he’s hitting balls over at Bay Hill under lights (wait wrong accident) so there’s a whole lot of info, and misinformation out there right now. At least he’s alive and assuming with all his limbs. Let’s just wait for the official reports to come on out. Or Notah. Notah’s gotta be nearby right?

This whole story is so bizarre. I know that they are saying now that there were no signs of impairment but I dont know how that crash happens if its not drug/alcohol related, especially when they are saying that theres no skid marks or other signs that Tiger hit the brakes before his car rolled.
Hopefully his surgery goes well and he is able to recover.

Stating at this time that there was no evidence of impairment would create serious reasonable doubt down the road if DUI were charged.
That part is true, but the toxicology reports are what always tell the final tale. That evidence is not established until they run the analysis. It’s also difficult to analyze impairment when somebody is in extreme pain, as Tiger would have had to have been. They might have meant no containers, drugs, etc. I really don’t know and don’t disagree with you. Also, I so hope it’s true.

Crazy to think we could have lost tiger almost exactly a year after Koby

After following this almost all day, I truly hope he was not impaired in any way. I don't know if we will ever know one way or the other but my main concern is he survive with the ability to have a quality life with his kids. Mainly for his kids. Whether he ever tees up another golf ball is secondary for me. Of course, I selfishly want to see him play again.

As the Golfer, Tiger Woods, I will just add it to the list of things in his life that has changed the "what could've been". Even with the incredible career he has had, that thought will always be in the back of mind.

I made that trip 3 weeks ago in a Tesla Model S - those roads are so winding and steep that 45 feels like 75 - the accident part is explainable. I know I was driving a bit faster then I should have and the car reeled me in. Good thing his Hyundai was built like a tank. Sorry to see this happen to him, I’ve really been warming to the guy over the past few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After following this almost all day, I truly hope he was not impaired in any way. I don't know if we will ever know one way or the other but my main concern is he survive with the ability to have a quality life with his kids. Mainly for his kids. Whether he ever tees up another golf ball is secondary for me. Of course, I selfishly want to see him play again.

As the Golfer, Tiger Woods, I will just add it to the list of things in his life that has changed the "what could've been". Even with the incredible career he has had, that thought will always be in the back of mind.

I really hope that he was in the best frame of mind possible when it happened. It’s not going to be an easy recovery for him, but I really hope that he can be there for Charlie and his other kids as a dad.

Terminal illnesses suck but they do allow for all loved ones to have closure. Sudden deaths leave so many loose ends. Sorry about your Dad, mine went in the middle of the night after we all sat around and he held court like he use to and we thought he'll be around a little while.....

Not saying its right or wrong. But I would say this. When multiple outlets report something numerous times, more than likely its at least partially a true story. When one does and noone else quotes it or talks about it, then its bunk. In this case, it seems like people are just saying and jumping to conclusions. However, the sheriff did mention leg injuries and inability to remove himself from the vehicle.

strictly from a journalism perspective, most outlets are using the same information. they’re not all calling their individual sources. one snippet of info picked up by many sources is not the same as many sources acquiring the information independently of one another. we also have a scoop driven news cycle, so everyone is scrambling to be first. and the truth is often the victim.

This whole story is so bizarre. I know that they are saying now that there were no signs of impairment but I dont know how that crash happens if its not drug/alcohol related, especially when they are saying that theres no skid marks or other signs that Tiger hit the brakes before his car rolled.
Hopefully his surgery goes well and he is able to recover.

texting while driving?

Back