The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought tm staffers would like this picture.

b8fe972a-baff-c054.jpg

I love the white grips! I see 1 lefty mallet which I think is for Esox. I wonder what coolbreeze is getting?

I love that my putter is still a mystery and others are wondering too, thanks guys. The unboxing will be great cause not only do we not totally know what they look like, I don't even know whats in there.

I love that my putter is still a mystery and others are wondering too, thanks guys. The unboxing will be great cause not only do we not totally know what they look like, I don't even know whats in there.

I'm definitely wondering. If I remember you wanted the heel shafted putter, but that isn't available for lefty - retail. I hope they were able to get that for you, but I'm sure you will be more than pleased no matter what.

I'm definitely wondering. If I remember you wanted the heel shafted putter, but that isn't available for lefty - retail. I hope they were able to get that for you, but I'm sure you will be more than pleased no matter what.

Oh no matter what comes I'm sure it will be great, I did put down my specs as heel shafted midmallet which is not avalable to lefties at this time so we will see.

Have any of my fellow TaylorMade staffers been thinking none stop about their putters since JB posted that pic yesterday? I know I have, plus since they looked all built I haven't stopped wondering if they have shipped! I know once that putter gets here, the whole thing gets a lot more real.

I played Reunion to the tune of 36 holes on Wednesday. What an amazing day. The course is really shaping up. When I was there in February the course was beat up from all of the winter play. The greens had ball marks everywhere and the fairways were in rough shape and I had some concerns that the course wasn't being cared for properly. The course looks great now and is shaping up nicely. The greens are still slower than they will be, but were being well cared for. I think the course takes a beating in the winter and takes a few months to get it back in shape.

We played Watson and Palmer and I ended up shooting 85, 86. I am still getting adjusted to the greens and quite frankly have given up on my putter until the new TM flat stick arrives.

I am really excited that this will be our venue and it will test every aspect of your game and every club in your bag.

Here are some photos:

Driving Range first thing in the morning.
1-2.jpg

Watson back of 3 green.
2-2.jpg

Watson 6 green
3-1.jpg

Watson 9 green
4-1.jpg

Watson 11 tee shot
6.jpg

Watson 15 green
7.jpg

Loving the Reunion powder blue tees.
8.jpg

Watson 16 approach
9.jpg

Annika's sister Charlotta teaching at Annika Academy. We talked to her later on the course with her student.
10.jpg

Palmer pics to follow shortly.

Can't see the pics atm, but I'm looking forward to checking them out, biggsy!

Photos from afternoon round. The temperature went up about 10 degrees and the humidity was present. Big shock to the system after sitting down down for lunch. For lunch I had pulled pork sliders and apple coleslaw that was delicious.

Palmer 2. Downhill 144
11.jpg

Palmer 4. Short par 4
12.jpg

Palmer 4 green, lots of undulations.
13.jpg

Palmer 5. downhill 187
14.jpg

Palmer 14, signature hole. beautiful par 3.
15.jpg

Palmer 15. One of the better holes on this course.
16.jpg

The buddy of mine I drove up with is a fews years older than me (65). I asked him the last time he played 36 in a day and he said 6-7 years ago. He's a trooper and I hope I am in as a good a shape as him when I am his age. He was a little too tired to drive him, so I was forced to drive this home. First time driving one and I had permagrin the entire drive home.
17.jpg

Thanks to Reunion for taking care of us. That place is top notch in service.

Was there a flat green in the whole place? Didnt look like it

Thanks for the photos Biggsy - beautiful course.....and vette!

Was there a flat green in the whole place? Didnt look like it

Not at Reunion. Those greens are tough. Visualization and leaving yourself on the right area of the green are key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great stuff biggsy! The pics were great.

Great pictures Biggsy!!

I like those kinds of greens where you can see all the tiers like that. The subtle breaks are what hurt me worse.

Looks like some fun course on which to play an event of this magnitude.

Great pictures Biggsy!!

I like those kinds of greens where you can see all the tiers like that. The subtle breaks are what hurt me worse.

Looks like some fun course on which to play an event of this magnitude.

You can tell by those greens how important it is going to be about missing greens in the right spots. With those babies short siding yourself looks like it could bring a big score with ease.

I think I saw the hills moving in those greens.

Looks just like greens around here. No dramas for me boys. Poor old Jake though, you ever see his home course? It's like a grass parking lot.

Some of the short sided shots are very penal. I got silly on one green, went after a pin, overcooked it, wind grabbed it and I was down a hill on the short side some 60 feet below the hole. Very stupid on my part. This course can do that to you.

Great pic biggsy, those greens look similar to the greens I play on around here, so thats good, other than the bermuda grass. Man those putters look great.

Great pics Captain!!!! Looks like Ill need some extra workable clubs. :) Greens look tough but we have some courses I know I can practice on. Its like putting on cement in the summer here haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sweet pics - those greens are crazy looking. I think one of em could have been taken out of a putt-putt course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back