TESTED! Graphite Design Tour AD Shafts

Just plugged in the VR into my driver to take some swings today. I like the look and the name.
Vanquish All Rivals!

Another great video, gang!

I always thought of the driver head as the "coarse" knob and the shaft as more of the "fine" adjustment, but it was surprising to me how small the variation was across the product line. It kind of makes sense why a well-thought out stock shaft is a good option for so many golfers, and why a really good fitting can tweak that fine adjustment all the way to 11.

This line, Project X, UST Mamiya, Fuji, Mitsu, Kinetixx, all of them! :cool:

UST Mamiya for sure! Especially with the new releases. Graphite Design has always had a lineup that required decoding IMO. Definitely needed this.

The HD 6x is tugging at my heart strings!

Crazy just how many shafts this company has in their line up.. They dont really seem to retire anything they just add.. So there is literally a profile that should fit every single golfer. I have an IZ that is pretty good. It is not my fav but it is good. I really want to try the ADHD shaft..

Tour AD-DJ is one shaft I have which Graphite Design has discontinued.
If you've swung a DI, how does it compare to the IZ you have ?

The VR worked pretty darn well yesterday.
I still like the AD HD, but I hit the ball extremely well in the Tech Studio. Had it plugged into the Callaway Epic Max LS and everything kind of clicked.

Vanquish All Rivals!
I bought an AD-VR 6 for my yet un hit Ping G425 Max. The high spin numbers have me reconsidering maybe the Max Pro. Hmmmmm.
Regarding flex profiles. I understand the tip stiffness and what it does. What about the middle and handle flexes? Can you give a simple tutorial on how the different flex designations affect the shaft? TIA.

This was very interesting. I was surprised the numbers were as close as they were. At what point do you look at the numbers vs feel in a fitting?

I liked this one a lot, as GD shafts have always been one of my favorite designs. I really need to get down to the THP Lab for a fitting ;)

The VR might have some staying power. Really enjoying it

First I thought I wanted the TP, then HD...then more launch and spin with the IZ or VR. Geez I really need to give these a go.

The VR worked pretty darn well yesterday.
I still like the AD HD, but I hit the ball extremely well in the Tech Studio. Had it plugged into the Callaway Epic Max LS and everything kind of clicked.
I’m hoping the VR or HD works well in the max LS head for me. Hoping to get it soon

I’m hoping the VR or HD works well in the max LS head for me. Hoping to get it soon
I have the VR in that head right now for some testing and so far I like it a lot.

Reactions: MH
Just picked up an XC for my 3w... im sure a shaft for the driver won't be too far behind

Fitting today at True Soec and got to try a few of these. The clear winner for me was the XC in 6x. Paired with the Rad Speed XB was launching at 10.5 degrees, 2200 rpm 275 carry and 310 total. Ball speed peaked at 169mph.

Fitting today at True Soec and got to try a few of these. The clear winner for me was the XC in 6x. Paired with the Rad Speed XB was launching at 10.5 degrees, 2200 rpm 275 carry and 310 total. Ball speed peaked at 169mph.
BEAST MODE! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

BEAST MODE! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Was getting 165ish ball speed with other shafts and the same head but something about that XC just jived with my swing and then it was one after the other with the XC. Fitter and I just looked at each other and started laughing and ended it right there.

Was getting 165ish ball speed with other shafts and the same head but something about that XC just jived with my swing and then it was one after the other with the XC. Fitter and I just looked at each other and started laughing and ended it right there.
Profile matters! 🔥🔥🔥

Here is the actual data with the XC

09666572-6BF4-49E1-BEB5-4ED3DA620D62.png

Profile matters! 🔥🔥🔥
So much! I keep reading that profile of the AD-HD trying to figure out why it worked so well for me so I know what to look for

So much! I keep reading that profile of the AD-HD trying to figure out why it worked so well for me so I know what to look for
Similar stiffness throughout, that consistency works beat with your move. The MAD PRO and the HD are the two that offer that in the GD lineup. Fun to see!!

What would be some examples from other oem’s that have a similar same bend profile?
Similar stiffness throughout, that consistency works beat with your move. The MAD PRO and the HD are the two that offer that in the GD lineup. Fun to see!!

Back