TESTED! Graphite Design Tour AD Shafts

Dispersion was similar across the board, which had just about every shaft around 5-7 yards either side of the center line.
Were you impressed enough that one of these GD shafts kicks out your current gamer?

Were you impressed enough that one of these GD shafts kicks out your current gamer?

Im not the one that tested in the video, that would be @jdtox but I have done the same test post this video in the THP Tech Studio with similar results. I have also tested the AD HD for long periods of time since it's release.

My gamer tends to change by the week :ROFLMAO:

Excited to see this one pop up! I'll have to watch the video when I get home from work tonight!

I was impressed enough to consider putting a AD-HD or mad pro in my driver and see what happens thats for sure. Both those profiles seemed to click instantly with my swing.

This was a really neat video, guys. It was interesting that all of the different profiles produced similar spin numbers, within a few hundred RPM, but the launch and ballspeed numbers in combination with the spin produced the range of carry and total yardages.

Really good info here. I would gladly take 5-7 yards of center to gain the extra 10 yards in carry depending on the shaft type.

Crazy just how many shafts this company has in their line up.. They dont really seem to retire anything they just add.. So there is literally a profile that should fit every single golfer. I have an IZ that is pretty good. It is not my fav but it is good. I really want to try the ADHD shaft..

That and the MAD pro really clicked with me
MAD Pro has always been the one graphite design shaft thats intrigued me the most... ive played a couple shafts and they're all great but this, on paper, should work the best for me

Another awesome project. I am so addicted to this site. Thank you @Jman and @jdtox.

I had been playing the Epic Flash (and Epic before that) with fitted Aerotech shaft. I just got the B21 head after hearing from the group and Jman and have played a few times with the Aerotech shaft in it (RCH shaft wasnt for me). Plays pretty good but I think there is more in the B21 that I havent tapped into fully. I can't get shaft fitting appointment for another couple weeks because they are so booked up. With the following Trackman numbers from my Epic fitting, can you narrow down a few of the Graphite Design shafts I should try with the B21 head?

I totally get it's very personal to swing, but I am not sure I will have time (or energy) to hit every one. I am very sure the fitter will dial me in, but really value the expertise here on THP. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 10
What I love doing this is also that it shows the spin differences in shafts aren’t what the internet thinks it is. 422 RPM is a number, yes, but it’s not as drastic as those thinking a shaft can make 1,000’s of RPM’s difference, it’s much more nuanced than that.

422 between shafts though is a giant number. Talk about a good fit right there. Goodness.

Another awesome project. I am so addicted to this site. Thank you @Jman and @jdtox.

I had been playing the Epic Flash (and Epic before that) with fitted Aerotech shaft. I just got the B21 head after hearing from the group and Jman and have played a few times with the Aerotech shaft in it (RCH shaft wasnt for me). Plays pretty good but I think there is more in the B21 that I havent tapped into fully. I can't get shaft fitting appointment for another couple weeks because they are so booked up. With the following Trackman numbers from my Epic fitting, can you narrow down a few of the Graphite Design shafts I should try with the B21 head?

I totally get it's very personal to swing, but I am not sure I will have time (or energy) to hit every one. I am very sure the fitter will dial me in, but really value the expertise here on THP. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
That is hard to say, and maybe @Jman or @jdtox has more info, but I think ADHD should be included in that lineup.

Fantastic job, guys! I really enjoyed all the data, as well as the explanations of what the different engineering in the shaft does for a golfer. It certainly opened my eyes to Graphite Design.

That is hard to say, and maybe @Jman or @jdtox has more info, but I think ADHD should be included in that lineup.
Yeah, I was about to say AD-HD would be one if look hard at. IMO, it’s the best shaft they’ve dropped maybe ever for stability without sacrificing feel, and as I mentioned in the video the mor firm profile across the board on this one will make it appeal to many I think.

Great video - thanks fellas.

422 between shafts though is a giant number. Talk about a good fit right there. Goodness.
I def think it’s a solid spread and man it was cool to see how it all shook out! But, we both know that the 1,000 rpm thing some believe can happen...really doesn’t.

Crazy just how many shafts this company has in their line up.. They dont really seem to retire anything they just add.. So there is literally a profile that should fit every single golfer. I have an IZ that is pretty good. It is not my fav but it is good. I really want to try the ADHD shaft..
Man, I think it would really surprise you. I liked parts of the IZ and parts of the TP, but the HD sees a lot of things together for sure.

I def think it’s a solid spread and man it was cool to see how it all shook out! But, we both know that the 1,000 rpm thing some believe can happen...really doesn’t.

Yup, 100%. If you're getting about a degree swing or +-500 RPM change from a shaft, that is huge.

Good stuff.

I'm a huge Graphite Design guy.
Currently play the DI-7x in my driver, IZ-7x in my 3 wood, and DI-95s in my hybrids. I have a few others laying around the house too. I enjoy the way they feel, I love the way their lineup is constructed, and I trust that when I buy Graphite Design I'm buying a quality product.

Is it possible to also post the dispersion patterns or averages. For me it is about keeping the ball in play.

Is it possible to also post the dispersion patterns or averages. For me it is about keeping the ball in play.

As mentioned earlier, they were all with in 5-7 yards either side of the line.
For most dispersion will come down to fit, and how a shaft allows the player to deliver the club.

Great video and tons of information on these shaft profiles! To me, this Just reinforces the need and usefulness of shaft fitting.. Well done and thanks Jeremy and James!

...and now I want to try an HD. Dammmmmit lol.

I haven't been fit for a driver before and would like to spend some time with Graphite Design at some point. I have heard nothing but good things about them. A lot of great options!

...and now I want to try an HD. Dammmmmit lol.
One hell of a driver shaft. I enjoyed writing the review for the homepage on that one big time 🔥

Back