Covid vaccine - what were your side effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the same but was told by the nurse who gave me the 2nd shot yesterday that I could take ibuprofen if needed for a sore arm. But, I guess you don't get sore right away.
This is the perfect example of “nobody knows ****, but we are jabbing ourselves” haha.

half the people say not to and the other half say it’s okay.

This is the perfect example of “nobody knows ****, but we are jabbing ourselves” haha.

half the people say not to and the other half say it’s okay.
Perfect Example:

Q-29. Should I plan to take Tylenol or Motrin before my vaccine dose?
A. If you regularly take acetaminophen (e.g., Tylenol), ibuprofen (e.g., Motrin, Advil) or aspirin for other medical conditions, please continue to do so as directed by your physician or as needed. Otherwise, do not pre-medicate before getting the vaccine. In general, taking these over-the-counter medications that reduce fever or inflammation before receiving a vaccination may reduce its ability to work and blunt your immune response to the vaccine. The time to take these medications is after the vaccination when you have symptoms that make you uncomfortable. If you do have symptoms, don’t hesitate to take an over-the-counter medication to help you feel better. However, if you usually take these medications for other medical reasons, continue to take them per your normal routine.

6 of 1 and a half a dozen of the other.....

Think its called: "Poke and Hope"

Last edited:
I was under the impression that we were not supposed to take meds for at least 24 hours after. Has that stance changed?

the nurse who gave me the shot told me to start taking ibuprofen, and a doctor client of mine said the same. he also recommend zyrtec to mitigate any reaction at the injection site. my arm doesn't feel very good today.

Boy the “stigma” of the 2nd shot continues to grow. Played golf yesterday & 2 other gentlemen joined us on the 1st tee. Guy starts talking about getting his 2nd shot the next day & I pipe up how I had mine the day before. They look at me w/ wide eyes and say “Yesterday? And you’re out here playing golf today?!”

I had my second yesterday. I held off my evening cocktail and drank lots of water. Knocking on wood right now but zero affect. Enjoying my evening cocktail right now.

Boy the “stigma” of the 2nd shot continues to grow. Played golf yesterday & 2 other gentlemen joined us on the 1st tee. Guy starts talking about getting his 2nd shot the next day & I pipe up how I had mine the day before. They look at me w/ wide eyes and say “Yesterday? And you’re out here playing golf today?!”
My parents got their 2nd on Monday. My dad went to work for a little bit Tuesday but wasn't feeling great and went back home. My mom stayed home and didn't feel very good and her arm got pretty swollen. She still had a headache and swollen arm on Wednesday. They both felt fine yesterday and golfed.

My parents got their 2nd on Monday. My dad went to work for a little bit Tuesday but wasn't feeling great and went back home. My mom stayed home and didn't feel very good and her arm got pretty swollen. She still had a headache and swollen arm on Wednesday. They both felt fine yesterday and golfed.
I started off with birdies on 1, 2 and 3 and the guys asked what shot I got and where I got it at. 😂

First Moderna shot sore arm for about a day or two. Second shot Monday. Hearing from more than one person that its helpful to hydrate the day before so I plan on drinking a lot of water Sunday. Ive also heard its a good idea to drink a lot of water after the second shot as well so I guess even if it doesn't help its just water and it can't hurt so I will give it a try. Im trying to drink more water everyday anyway.

Scheduled for first moderna shot today.

3 weeks out my main side effect is a seriously hard time continuing to care about Covid and especially to wear a mask. I feel like I should be done.

Scheduled for first moderna shot today.
First Moderna sore arm no big deal and that seems to be the common reaction. . Just finishing my coffee and getting ready to leave for my second shot. I have heard and read so many different things from nothing to misery. Planning on going to the office after and see how it goes.

First Moderna sore arm no big deal and that seems to be the common reaction. . Just finishing my coffee and getting ready to leave for my second shot. I have heard and read so many different things from nothing to misery. Planning on going to the office after and see how it goes.
I’ve heard the same. Good news is nobody I know had symptoms longer than 24 hours. Good luck!

I go Friday morning for J&J. Taking the whole day of PTO, will report back with side effects.

I like these Sam Adams commercials (non-covid) but I like this one too.

Second shot done. I drank more water yesterday than i ever have. Just started again. Grabbed these 33 oz bottles at Wegmans yesterday for no reason other than the size. My daughter sees them and says “thats what the Kardashians drink” lol. F0E49ECD-506D-4DEC-821A-8E4C0878AF6C.jpeg

2nd shot this afternoon. Nothing so far. I went and hit a bucket this evening to keep my arm moving. I took tomorrow off as a precaution but might end up playing 18 in the afternoon if I feel fine.

IMG_0808.jpeg

9 hours post-jab for my first moderna shot. No side effects other than feeling like I got punched in the arm. The non-jab arm hurts worse, but that’s a whole different problem.

I did register myself at https://www.gogetvax.com/vaxyes and got a digital card that I was able to put into my Digital Wallet on my iPhone.
Pretty slick and this way I always have a record of vaccination on me.

I took a photo and saved it to my camera roll.
I did this as well however VaxYes gave my a card with a QR code as I see a world where we are going to scan something to get in certain places.
It's going to be like sporting event tickets on your phone. Scan and you're in.
YRMV

Keep an eye on the news, it looks like the J&J vaccine might be put on pause because of blood clotting issues.
Yeah I saw. Guess I'll go with whatever they have at that point. They stopped it due to 6 women who had clots after the vaccination like 6 to 13 days after if I read the report right.

Yeah I saw. Guess I'll go with whatever they have at that point. They stopped it due to 6 women who had clots after the vaccination like 6 to 13 days after if I read the report right.

Yup, that's what I saw too. A little surprising if it's just in 6 women. I'd be really curious if they all had something in common. Totally off the wall, but something like smoking for women who take birth control (at least the pill form) can cause blood clots too, so I wonder if there is more to this and they just aren't sharing it yet.

I did this as well however VaxYes gave my a card with a QR code as I see a world where we are going to scan something to get in certain places.
It's going to be like sporting event tickets on your phone. Scan and you're in.
YRMV

Yikes!

1st Pfizer shot no problem, bit of a sore arm and that was it. Wife had adverse reaction with headaches and body aches and a slight fever with chills, hung around for 48 hours.
2nd Pfizer shot knocked me down for 24 hours. Severe headache and body pains with fatigue. Wife had same thing, fortunately only lasted for a day..
Seems talking with my friends and family that if you had the Covid your reactions to the shots seem to be more severe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back