Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been hitting the SF 2.0, And even the Adams 9064LS driver. I thought I would give it a try and while it doesn't beat out the SF 2.0 yet, it is a GREAT driver and just feels all around amazing. I have yet to hit the R11 for a few days though so that is next. My driver fitting is May 10th though.

Pondering a 5W as I don't get on with 3H's. Are there any reviews on the Titleist 910? Can't seem to find any.

Thanks in advance

Pondering a 5W as I don't get on with 3H's. Are there any reviews on the Titleist 910? Can't seem to find any.

Thanks in advance

Not to steer your away from the Titleist, but I am reviewing the r11 4 wood for the site, and I must say it is hands down the BEST fairway wood I have ever had the pleasure to hit. Make sure to include it in your search. I've also heard the 910 is a fantastic club.

Buying a new set of irons and trying to decide between Cobra S3 Max or Nike Slingshots. Outside chance of Callaway X20s but leaning towards the Cobras. I need something that will give optimum forgiveness at the present but will still be viable as I improv. I would love any input or suggestions on these or other clubs

Buying a new set of irons and trying to decide between Cobra S3 Max or Nike Slingshots. Outside chance of Callaway X20s but leaning towards the Cobras. I need something that will give optimum forgiveness at the present but will still be viable as I improv. I would love any input or suggestions on these or other clubs

Id say try them all a few times and see what work best for you

Not to steer your away from the Titleist, but I am reviewing the r11 4 wood for the site, and I must say it is hands down the BEST fairway wood I have ever had the pleasure to hit. Make sure to include it in your search. I've also heard the 910 is a fantastic club.

I had contemplated the R11 but never really went any further. Not sure why really! I think I am going to give the R11, 910 and Cleveland Launcher a try and see which one comes out on top. Maybe the Cobra S3 and G15, too. I like the customization on the Titleist and R11, though.

I was hitting the S3's the other day, and I have to admit, they felt wonderful. Never tried the S3 max but I would imagine the same. What I really liked was the silver and black face, made it really easy to line up - think the black/silver only comes with the S3, however.

Go and try them all, though, as Mikedead said

In the last month I have purchased a M3 Mashie, TM TP CB irons, TM TP MC irons, and a SF 2.0 for the wife. And now I'm considering the Z-Star irons. Just can't quit the search for the perfect set of irons.

My 4DX Evolver.

For some reason I just miss the thing, I hit the ball a mile with my S3 and it fits my eye but the 4DX just has the "it" for my eye and I cannot help but wonder how it'd do with the C,Kua, I can't really explain it.

Thank goodness for the Nicklaus testing or I'd be driving myself crazy about it. Cannot wait for the ML4!

I have a burner 2 6 iron that I got from the giveaway/contest they were doing. Hitting that has got me thinking about some new irons. Unfortunately the local places don't have a lot of choices for lefties to hit. I did find I really like both the Callaway Razr X and Burner 2.0 irons out of what they had. I was real close to buying one of them Sunday, but the place I went to ignored me, so I left without getting anything. I've also been pondering a new driver. I'm trying to find a decent place to get fit so I can make sure I get the right stuff, but I can't stop looking at and drooling over new sticks.

THREE Lajosi's now. With me getting out of coaching and losing stipends next year I wont have the chance to do something like this again until thye wife is out of medical school so I'm thinking go big or go home. May be a bit of a sell off to fund them, but, I don't know if I can resist.

I have a burner 2 6 iron that I got from the giveaway/contest they were doing. Hitting that has got me thinking about some new irons. Unfortunately the local places don't have a lot of choices for lefties to hit. I did find I really like both the Callaway Razr X and Burner 2.0 irons out of what they had. I was real close to buying one of them Sunday, but the place I went to ignored me, so I left without getting anything. I've also been pondering a new driver. I'm trying to find a decent place to get fit so I can make sure I get the right stuff, but I can't stop looking at and drooling over new sticks.

Ah, you went to Dick's :banghead: Good luck with your iron search.

THREE Lajosi's now. With me getting out of coaching and losing stipends next year I wont have the chance to do something like this again until thye wife is out of medical school so I'm thinking go big or go home. May be a bit of a sell off to fund them, but, I don't know if I can resist.

Crazy. Talk.

Looking forward to seeing on your you and Kari decide though.

Going to a Cleveland demo day next Friday with the intent to get fitted for an SL290 since I just cannot take this S2 anymore. The regular flex shaft that I was fitted for last fall (granted I had an injured shoulder at the time) is just killing my game. The head is whipping all over the place and I feel like I have no control over my shots.

After 3 holes last Friday I put the thing in my bag and didn't take it out again the rest of that round and didn't even bring it for the one I played Saturday. Tee'd off with my M3 and had great shots all day with it in the 205-210 range, just not as much distance as a working driver would have given me.

Ah, you went to Dick's :banghead: Good luck with your iron search.

hahahaha actually it wasn't a Dick's (there's not any near here I'm aware of), but a very similar experience. Thanks, I'm trying to schedule an appointment to get fit right now actually...excited!!!

I have a burner 2 6 iron that I got from the giveaway/contest they were doing. cut

I just got mine in the mail, I hope it is something I can hit because I would like to try it. That reminds me I haven't opened it yet.

I am currently pondering the burner superfast 2.0 driver. I have the Nike Sumo Sasquatch that I still hit very well, but i'm wondering if there's distance to be gained from upgrading from a 4 year old driver

As soon as the plastic comes off the XFT's in the pro shop and I can demo them I am buying two of them. I will get them for around $65 ea.

Ebay my friend.
As soon as the plastic comes off the XFT's in the pro shop and I can demo them I am buying two of them. I will get them for around $65 ea.

Anyone wanna trade irons? Lets make this exciting. Will entertain all reasonable offers lol. :blobl::alien:

Ebay my friend.

Anyone wanna trade irons? Lets make this exciting. Will entertain all reasonable offers lol. :blobl::alien:

Seems BIN is around $50.00 plus 30 bucks shipping.. plus 2 week wait time.. not worth it and even more expensive.

I am currently pondering the burner superfast 2.0 driver. I have the Nike Sumo Sasquatch that I still hit very well, but i'm wondering if there's distance to be gained from upgrading from a 4 year old driver

I just hit mine for the first time....Im in love!

Seems BIN is around $50.00 plus 30 bucks shipping.. plus 2 week wait time.. not worth it and even more expensive.

With the vokeys out of your bag your going to have to stop wearing the t***y hats.

In all seriousness, I really do need a golf bag. Im thinking a Ping Bag. But any golf bag that isnt holey will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back