Lucas Glover-doing the Tiger thing?

Anyone seen a pic of the Nike rep in question? Curious if he traded up or down...

I think that question is answered before it is asked. I mean what kind of woman is she if she is willing to sleep with a married man? Certainly not the kind of woman I would be interested in regardless of what she looks like. And if you say" well maybe she didn't know" then she is too stupid for me to be interested in, again, regardless of what she looks like.

I dont know if I would call it a double standard. I dont think anybody would say what he did was right. I kind of look at it like this.

Lets say a NFL star QB got caught driving drunk after having 98 beers. It would be headlines everywhere. Now lets say 3 days later a MLS player got caught driving drunk having 2 beers. Nobody would know. Now nobody would excuse the MLS player and I would consider it a disgusting act, but I dont think it would be the same headline.
It wouldn't be the same headline, you are right. It's a double standard because Tiger was always held to a higher standard because he created a perfect image, a perfect standard, a perfect life, which was a farce. It was newsworthy only because of who he is. Lucas Glover frankly is like every other man that cheats out there. One of the few similarities Tiger and Lucas have is they are both pretty good at golf. Some athletes are held to a higher standard, others get a pass in the press. I had not heard about Glover until today.

While I agree with what your saying in the "wrong" department, one of my closest friends, someone I went to kindergarten with, grew up with, hung out with as kids, teenagers, and on and on. This is person that is as close as a brother, cheated on his wife ten years ago which resulted in a divorce. Through it all while I was always honest with him about my feelings about what he did to his wife and children and how wrong it was, BUT I still continued to be his friend.

That was a time in his life when he screwed up and he knew it. It was also a time in his life, one of those defining moments when he found out who his best friend was, which of course was me. I don't like guys that cheat on not only their wives, but they cheat on their families, but at the same time, I would never turn my back on a friend.

Well said, Hoosier. People make mistakes; always have, always will. Anyone who says they would "never" do something should really think twice. Having an affair may be immoral, but it needs to put into perspective. He's not been convicted of murder, rape or assault. I also had not heard about Lucas Glover's issues. Don't think any more or less of him because I didn't know the guy before all this came out, so I honestly have no reference point, and we don't know the details. Not defending adultery, of course, but just because he's a professional athlete doesn't make him any less human than anyone else.

Dying to know myself. It didn't say she was fired, so she must be a big wig.

generally speaking Reps are not big wigs.

Last edited:
Well, 1 or 90, it is still cheating to me, I no longer pull for LG either. I do understand the difference in media coverage of TW vs LG, a no brainer actually, but I am surprised that those of us interested in golf did not know.

That seems really harsh to me. I can see being indifferent to Lucas, but I won't be able to root against him.

Never heard about that either....sex rehab is trending now!

Hell yeah, its prob a great place to meet some chicks who are down to party

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

Wow, who could cheat on her!!!??

I've heard a saying that best describes this, "You show me a beautiful woman and I will show you a guy who is sick of ______g her."

blugold...I made a fun mad libs game out of your last post. I find it ironic that he is a Nike athlete too.

I've heard a saying that best describes this, "You show me a beautiful woman and I will show you a guy who is sick of ______g her."

blugold...I made a fun mad libs game out of your last post.

Fill in the blank with pretty much anything you want. It gets the point across.

Passing some harsh judgment against a guy here no one knows or who knows the whole story. Nobody here knows what happens behinds closed doors in their house, she could be the biggest ***** there is and maybe he couldn't take it anymore and decided to move on. Never understood why others care what other people do with their personal life, whether they are in the spotlight or not, it's none of their business.

Someone recently told me that in all of professional sports, the PGA has the highest % of athletes that cheat on their spouses. The reasoning? Most other sports are "team" sports and the whole team stays in one hotel, some players staying in the same rooms. Golfers have their own rooms while their caddies sometimes stay in different rooms or even different hotels. Golfers spend most of their time on their own when they are on the road, rather than with their "team." Kinda makes a little sense, but I don't know where this person got their information and how credible it is.

Someone recently told me that in all of professional sports, the PGA has the highest % of athletes that cheat on their spouses. The reasoning? Most other sports are "team" sports and the whole team stays in one hotel, some players staying in the same rooms. Golfers have their own rooms while their caddies sometimes stay in different rooms or even different hotels. Golfers spend most of their time on their own when they are on the road, rather than with their "team." Kinda makes a little sense, but I don't know where this person got their information and how credible it is.

I'm going to disagree with this. Not only are there other sports besides golf that aren't team sports, but what exactly do you think a group of young rich athletes (MLB, NFL, NBA, Soccer, etc.) do while they're out together? They're trying to pick up girls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passing some harsh judgment against a guy here no one knows or who knows the whole story. Nobody here knows what happens behinds closed doors in their house, she could be the biggest ***** there is and maybe he couldn't take it anymore and decided to move on. Never understood why others care what other people do with their personal life, whether they are in the spotlight or not, it's none of their business.

Agree 1,000%. It is one of the more disgusting aspects of life today that no one can have personal problems without them being filmed and put on You Tube or on TMZ. As far as Lucas Glover is concerned the only reason no one cares is because most people outside of golf fans would have any idea who he was so it is not a double standard it is exactly the standard, if you are famous you are a target and if not then nobody especially the media types seem to care what you do. That is the standard.

I'm going to disagree with this. Not only are there other sports besides golf that aren't team sports, but what exactly do you think a group of young rich athletes (MLB, NFL, NBA, Soccer, etc.) do while they're out together? They're trying to pick up girls.

The other sports might have higher numbers. But the highest %? I don't have an opinion on this but I wouldn't suprised if it turned out to be true. Shame we'll never know

That seems really harsh to me. I can see being indifferent to Lucas, but I won't be able to root against him.

But you have also said that you root for TW, so clearly this is not something that you hold in a high regards when it comes to who you root for in professional athletes.

Some people here know Lucas Glover and know what is going on with him.
If someone wants to cheat and lie, have the dignity and respect to walk away first. Dont give me the excuse that she is not a nice person, because that matters little. If someone is unhappy and that is the case, leave.

Love to know how they can come up with that statistic....And go to just about any PGA Tour event and almost all of the players stay in the same place.

Well, 1 or 90, it is still cheating to me, I no longer pull for LG either. I do understand the difference in media coverage of TW vs LG, a no brainer actually, but I am surprised that those of us interested in golf did not know.

I don't see where I said I would root against him, my statement was I no longer pull for him.

My only answer to this is if he was that unhappy he should have moved on then. Cheating while in a marriage is not the answer, not just the spouse is hurt in most cases. I don't know why my not pulling for someone is harsh, I don't pull for John Daly either, but I don't wish him andy harm either. Just as I don't pull for Ben Roethlisberger, but I have nothing against the Steelers because of his actions.

Just how did they get the data for that report? Did they walk around asking athletes if they´re currently cheating or have in the last 5 years? Did anyone respond or is it based solely on TW and LG:D

I hear birds chirping during the lucas glover pre-round interview, i think the chirping birds are living in glover's beard and that's how the mic was able to pick them up so audibly

I'm not saying that the whole statistics thing with other sports is true, I even mentioned at the end of my post that I do not know how credible it is. It was just something I heard come up once when people were talking about the whole Tiger thing.

I heard the same statistic. While mentioning, quite a few reporters/correspondents would bring up the name Freddie Couples, as he has led a playboy lifestyle.

Don't want to give this the wrong overtone, but show me a human who has never done wrong. I was always taught that there was only ever one, and none of us are him. We do wrong everyday, each and every one of us. I hate what he did, but I find it hard to hate the person. We all live in glass houses, so be careful throwing those stones.

I heard the same statistic. While mentioning, quite a few reporters/correspondents would bring up the name Freddie Couples, as he has led a playboy lifestyle.

Don't let ahhfly Aka Monica hear you talking bad about Freddie!

Don't want to give this the wrong overtone, but show me a human who has never done wrong. I was always taught that there was only ever one, and none of us are him. We do wrong everyday, each and every one of us. I hate what he did, but I find it hard to hate the person. We all live in glass houses, so be careful throwing those stones.

The majority in here have not said they hate the person, but the same goes for two wrongs dont make it right.
Everybody makes mistakes, but that does not mean people have to tolerate or like the mistakes others make.

No offense, but based on that, people should never be critical of anything, anybody, or any act. And while that might be ideal, I find it hard to believe that you have issues with people voicing their opinions, when you have been openly critical of others for different reasons.

Back