Search results for query: *

1. lukemartin93

Utility/Driving Iron Shaft Preferences

For those who play a utility iron, what shaft do you have in them? I feel like the little looking I’ve done, it seems most people use a hybrid shaft. Mostly curious as the one I won in the mystery bag has an iron shaft in it, and I noticed that cobra offers both the iron shaft (kbs $ taper...
  2. lukemartin93

Make the best PB&J

Coming off of the grilled cheese extravaganza and just making my daughter a Pb&j, I was thinking what’s the best Pb&j? Which bread, peanut butter, and jelly/jam/preserves?
  3. lukemartin93

Golf Trip Essentials

As I mentioned briefly in the Morgan Cup thread, the MC will be my first ever “golf trip”. Is there anything I specific should bring/make sure not to forget? Can be in general or THP event specific (I appreciated the scissors/nail clippers tip to cut tags). Thanks!!
  4. lukemartin93

Weight Effect on Putter Grips

I am looking at changing the grip on my current putter (Cobra Supernova-30). The stock grip is a superstroke traxion tour 2.0 (55g) which I just haven't gotten along with. I also have a 2021 Ping Kushin with the stock ping pp58 mid pistol (87g) that I putt well with it and really enjoy the feel...
  5. lukemartin93

Best Store Bought Chips and Salsa Combo

I can down some chips and salsa like nobody’s business. What’s your go to chip and salsa combo??
  6. lukemartin93

Top of the Bag Club Champion Cobra Fitting

After my wedge fitting, we moved into the driver fitting. Currently I play a 9 degree TS2 with a stiff even flow white shaft. I found this driver on ebay for a great deal and I feel like it has worked out well for me. Going into the fitting, I figured I would be fit into something similar such...
  7. lukemartin93

lukemartin93's Club Champion "Cobra" Wedge Fitting

After my iron fitting, we moved onto the wedges. I currently game 52, 56, and 60 degree wedges from Cleveland and Adams. The fitter had me hit a handful of balls with my 56 degree Zipcore Wedge. Like my irons, I hit them high and spun them a lot. He told me that they did not have any snakebite...
  8. lukemartin93

lukemartin93's Club Champion Cobra Iron Fitting

To prepare for my Morgan Cup bag ordering, I decided to get a full bag (minus the putter) fitting at my local club champion. I'll post the other club fittings in a different thread, but here was my iron fitting experience. A little background, I got into golf a few years bag, but still probably...
  9. lukemartin93

Handicap Through State Association

Hi everyone! Does anyone know the difference between getting a handicap from one state association versus another one? I will be moving to Virginia in the middle of my golf season and I don’t know if I should go through the CO association or the Virginia one. I did notice Virginia is $10...
  10. lukemartin93

Ideal Spin, Launch, apex, etc

I don’t have much experience with launch monitor data, but as I was messing around on a sim last night, it made me start thinking. What data do you focus on when using a launch monitor and what range are you hoping to hit for certain clubs?
  11. lukemartin93

Washington Had Picked Their Name…..

The Washington Commanders. what are your thoughts?
  12. lukemartin93

Washington DC!

As some may have seen in the happy thread, I just got into grad school in DC! We know almost nothing about DC and would love to hear what others know/think. We are especially curious about where to try to live and where to avoid. We will almost certainly rent and not have a huge budget since l...
  13. lukemartin93

Favorite Indoor, limited space drills/practice

Like most of you, my itch to golf does not go away when the snow comes. Unfortunately I don’t have great access to a sim or space to make full swings. This has left me with putting and chipping whiffle balls inside. I’d love to get better, but am not sure what to do during the off-season. Do you...
  14. lukemartin93

Random Annoyances

Is there anything you’ve experienced recently that was randomly super annoying?? i am currently grocery shopping and my cart’s “Anti-theft” brake keeps engaging about every 30 seconds 😐 i would love a good laugh if anyone else has fun, random weirdly annoying experiences
  15. lukemartin93

My Club Champion fitting experience

Well, I meant to do this earlier but things happen 🤷‍♂️ A few months ago, my wife wanted to get me a new putter and we figured it may be best to get fitted (which after the fitting, I totally agree!) I also got a beyond generous gift from @vintagebob to cover the fitting. I scheduled a...
  16. lukemartin93

The “my mystery bag isn’t here yet and I don’t want to spoil what could or could not be in my bag” thread

Anyone else trying not to look at the main thread while they wait for their bag to arrive?? Seeing the constant updates is so enticing lol
  17. lukemartin93

PA’s and NP’s

This is a shot in the dark but I have always been positively surprised by this community. Is anyone on here a PA or NP (or really close to one)? I’d love to pick your brain as I am trying to figure out what to do with my life 😅
  18. lukemartin93

Where can I get my graphite shafts pulled?

I have been trying to change my graphite iron shafts on my own without a puller and it has been quite the struggle. I ended up splintering the first one and have been trying to drill out the remaining bits in the hosel. I think it would be easier to have someone pull them for me. Where would I...
  19. lukemartin93

Putter Fitting/Buying Questions

Hey THP! So long story short, my wife and I just had our first baby and my wife wanted to buy me a putter to celebrate.Since I got into golf a couple years ago, I have been using an old Ping Blade (Ally 2 is the model I think) putter i was given from my wife’s grandpa. I have no idea if it...
  20. lukemartin93

Getting your golf fix this winter

Sometimes I get lucky in CO and have enough warm days in a row to melt snow and play golf, but those days do not look to be coming anytime soon. How do you get your golf fix in the winter? Living in an apartment is limiting, but I’d love to hear ideas as I am getting bored!
Back