1/4 Zips - Fall Winter Only or Year Round?

Almost all year round. Our office is always so cold.

Only when it's cool. They are one of my favorite things to wear.

I have 40+ quarter zips of various weights and absolutely wear them in the summer mornings and evenings. Near Brainerd Mn where we spend most of the summer there have only been 3 days this year with a high temperature above 85*. Average highs are right around 80 in the summer months here but average lows are in the high 50’s and I often tee off before 8 am. 1/4 zips are a daily wear item now that we are into fall.

We live at 7000' in the mountains. I wear them year round, depending on the weather that day.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Wearing one today for the first time since May or so. Not thrilled about it either

Almost all year round. Our office is always so cold.

Do you keep one in your office?

I have 40+ quarter zips of various weights and absolutely wear them in the summer mornings and evenings. Near Brainerd Mn where we spend most of the summer there have only been 3 days this year with a high temperature above 85*. Average highs are right around 80 in the summer months here but average lows are in the high 50’s and I often tee off before 8 am. 1/4 zips are a daily wear item now that we are into fall.

How about FL, I believe you spend some time down there, 1/4 in the mornings and evenings in the summer?

Do you keep one in your office?

It's typically cold enough in the morning on the way to work that I'll just wear it in. If it's really hot I may not wear one.

It's typically cold enough in the morning on the way to work that I'll just wear it in. If it's really hot I may not wear one.

Makes sense, since it's colder here, I either keep a 1/4 zip or a hoodie in workspace for when it gets chillier.

I have a nice window view and the sub bakes in the afternoon so it's typically just the mornings.

I live in SE Texas. It was 93 today. Can't see wearing 1/4 zip in this kind of weather.

Anytime it’s needed. Lately it’s been every day at home...

Typically during cooler months September to May but even during off months I keep one in my office at work just in case air conditioning goes crazy and my office turns into a freezer.

Generally only need in the cooler months. Sometimes I will be in a facility that has a lot of ac and I'll wear one there.

While traveling I bring them. So long as the weather isnt hot and humid, I'll probably have one on since I'm not used to the weather.

Since I do not enjoy sweating I'll go with cooler months

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I guess it’s officially fall in Michigan since I had to turn on the furnace last night so I guess I’ll be wearing them almost daily now haha

I’d rather be warm than cold so I wear them practically year round. I live in MN so that should help you understand my reasoning. We get hot in the summer so I obviously don’t wear them then.

If you're referring to a quarter zip, full arm length top and not like a quarter zip short sleeved golf shirt, then I'd have to say, the only way I'd rock one of those in the summer here is if I wanted to die of heat stroke.

Fall and winter only for me. They will be put away for the season any week now.

Here in the UK there is the potential to wear them all year especially if you are teeing off early in the morning

Only in the cool and cold months. Although I did wear sleeves several times in the hot weather here in Texas. Generally, the 1/4 zips are made for cool to cold weather. To hot to wear in the summer.

Other than dead of summer. I could be in a 1/4 zip.

I usually only wear them spring/fall. No need to wear them summer unless I have a super early tee time.

Fall and winter only. No way am I wearing more clothes than I have to in the summer.

I wear one almost daily in the office. It is freezing!

Back