Votes: 91 46.0%
  • 4-6 - Best part of my game

Votes: 97 49.0%
  • 7-10 - This is the internet after all

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • 0 - Have you seen me putt

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If I am hitting them one after the other I could get on a roll and hit at least 5 or 6. But I took 10 random swings at different time with the same putt It would more like 3 or 4 I think

This is exactly what I was thinking as well. I voted 4-6 but realistically I'm probably under 50%. It is something I'm working on and practicing to get better at.

Done over time I'd probably average 4. A one time thing and it could range from 2-8.

I'm going to do it tonight and see.

Since you're going to test it tonight, don't peek when you do it and follow the ball like you normally would. Hit, close your eyes since you're going to naturally follow like you would on course. You've gotta think, a pro only gets one shot at a 10ft putt when he/she has it. No raking back allowed hehe

I said 1-3, but I think it might be as many as 4 if I felt like I was getting in a groove. But I think that's also saying if I hit my 6 iron 10 times in a row, my last 3 shots will be longer and straighter than my first 3. Doing something over and over again over a short period of time makes it a bit easier. So if it played out just like you said, I think I would make 4. If over the course of a round I had 10 10' putts that were perfectly flat, and even if I saw someone hit from the exact same place as me to confirm it was perfectly flat, I would say I'd make 2, maybe 3.

I say 1 to 3 out of 10 if it's out on the course where you hit an approach shot to 10 feet and grab your putter and get one chance, finish the hole and go to the next hole.

On a putting green from the same spot, half the time, although I would likely make a few in a row, and them miss as many in a row!

Well after a couple putts I can start sinking them. I would say 5/6.

Drag putting allowed you will go10/10

10 foot gimmes!

Fact: I have video of me making ten 10 footers in a row. I'll just say I can make 10 :)

I'd say 6/10. Straight putt on a flat surface, I should drill it.

I think 7/10 is reasonable for me. Generally only have issues with the stuff inside 3 feet lol

I'd by lucky to make 2. I have such a mental block on straight putts it's ridiculous--and something I really need to work on.

Birdieball has me around 50%, greens have me around 10%.

Here's hoping for a good year in putting.

That 10 foot range is tough, even for a flat putt. Its just long enough to make a slight mistake a missed putt. I'm going with 1-3.

With the way I finished out last season putting, 1-3.

To expand what I said a few posts up, I'd rather have a right to left putt than a straight putt, flat or not.

My best at 10 feet on a practice green was 17 in a row. On my birdieball green at home I've gone over 20 in a row multiple times. When I'm on the course, I feel anything inside 10 feet should be 100% make. My stats show about 60% (I can't read breaks) but I have confidence it will go in every time.

Normally id say 7/10 but last night while playing around with my new Maranello 81 I dropped 17 in a row from 7ft in my cave so who knows.

PS. the secondary alignment system on those ghost tours is prime time!

Sent from my ADR6300

On my birdieball green, I'm about 60% at 10' for dead straight putts, though you rarely find those on the golf course.

If it's done like you said where I drop 10 balls and putt them out one after the other I think I'm good for 4-6. But if it's more like a real round situation (like through the course of a round I have 10 of these putts where I only have 1 chance to make it, no mulligans) then I'm back down into the 1-3 range.

I looked up my stats and went through my SPi cyber coach thread. 10 ft is not easy even if it's perfectly straight. I put myself down for 1-3.

I answered 1 of 3 but it would probably be more like 1 of 5. Thinking it would be 20% as I tend to think too much way too often and tense up.

I have made up to 14 10 footers in a row on my BirdieBall green. But I putt on it almost every night, so there's a definite comfort factor involved. I usually start @ 3' & putt until I miss. Then I move back a foot, & repeat the process until I get to the end of the green.

BTW, I marked my green at 1' increments right after I got it. 10' looks a lot longer than I thought it would.

I'm going cold here! Setting up the birdieball for a non-Scientific test.

Will report back after 10 putts...

40% I'm putting very good the last two months. 8 footers are more like 50% now. Very very happy with this part of the game!

Back