'15 Travis Mathew Spring Apparel - THP Review Thread

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
In for review here at the OK office of THP is a portion of Travis Mathew's most recent '15 Spring line of apparel. While the trip to get here was an adventure, it was worth the wait as a little bit of everything was sent in for THP to spend time with.

Jean Debeaux - Brilliant Blue - Shirt
image004-L.jpg

This shirt is composed of Travis Mathew's "Performance Interlock" fabric which they bill as being "Traditional in design, our performance interlock fabric may look traditional, but it performs like nothing you've ever seen before". It is a 60% Pima Cotton and 40% Poly blend which is lightweight while still providing wicking capabilities and a really really clean overall look. This shirt has the 3-button placket and a "cut and sew" chest panel that gives it a dividing look from the shoulders to the core while still being the same brilliant blue color. Price on this shirt is $84.95

DSC_0929-L.jpg

DSC_0931-L.jpg

Cunningham - White - Shirt
image011-L.jpg

The Cunningham shirt uses Travis Mathew's "Athletic Pique" fabric is a different blend which is predominantly polyester at 96% and also 4% elastane. This material is ultra moisture wicking, breathable, and designed to give more stretch to wearer for a comfortable fit anytime. Travis Mathew calls this one their "most technical fabrication" and it definitely has a more textured feel to it than the performance interlock. The Cunningham shows off the traditional 4-button placket we have seen so long from TM and uses black and a variety of grey piling across the chest to give contrast and break up the design. This one also has the Travis Mathew signature logo on the back, which is always cool to see. Price on this shirt is $74.95

DSC_0926-L.jpg

DSC_0928-L.jpg

Spicoli Stretch - Black - Shorts
image008-L.jpg

Now, these are NOT "golf" shorts, rather these are Travis Mathew's "day-today" shorts made up of what they call their "Majestic" material which is an ultra-light, water-repellant, wrinkle resistant, 4-way stretch material that is also billed as being quick drying and incredibly durable. The idea according to TM is that they are "walk-short, board-short" meaning that they can be worn in the water like swim shorts while the black color can go with anything from t-shirts to polos. In typical TM fashion this one has a twist to it, a bottle opener is attached to the front belt loop. I'll say that these remind me a lot of some of the Nike dri-fit running shorts in material, its an interesting feeling, super soft and really comfortable so far. Price on the shorts is $84.95

DSC_0933-L.jpg

DSC_0936-L.jpg

DSC_0937-L.jpg

Jordan - White - Hat
DSC_0923-L.jpg

This is a flex-fit hat with a white front and featuring a grey bill and mesh back all the way around. Price is $29.95 here.

DSC_0922-L.jpg

DSC_0924-L.jpg

I love TM gear. The shirts and the hat look great. I am pretty interested in the shorts as well. Looking forward to your thoughts James

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have billabong shorts that are nearly identical to those. Unbelievably comfortable. And I do wear them for golf

I love TM gear, can't make myself spend what they charge 95% of the time, but maybe someday. Seems the shirts and material have come a long way from the original polo shirts that I sweat through, though I still have 5 haha

Love the look, but man that price.

Lucky dog! Nice threads bro.

I really like the looks of Travis Mathew's gear, but the price has always kept me away.

Looking forward to your thoughts Jman.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I chuckled at the Spicoli shorts.

Polos aren't bad.

The Cunningham shirt is pretty sweet.

I'll never pay that much for clothes though.

I really like the TM line. Those shorts sound great for when I'm down at the beach.

I'm loving everything I see pictured. Really fantastic looking apparel with nice touches on some details with the lines and stitching.

Wouldn't pay full price for a shirt....but in due time I need more TM.

I love Travis Matthews as well. They make some really good stuff. I own a few shirts and they are great. I haven't paid full price for them. If you like the brand, checkout www.6pm.com. They have Teavis Matthews at a discount.

Love that hat.

I always get confused by the price talk with Travis Mathew. It's priced right in line with Nike and Adidas. Is it because those companies are easier to find on sale once the next line comes out?

I always find deals on TM stuff. FWstyles probably has a bunch right now.

I want it all. But I really want the hat. In fact, I think I'm going to go buy it right now.

How does TM run size wise? Does it tend to run big or small compared to Nike golf polo's or something of that sort?

I always get confused by the price talk with Travis Mathew. It's priced right in line with Nike and Adidas. Is it because those companies are easier to find on sale once the next line comes out?

$85 for a shirt regardless of brand is ridiculous to me. I'll wait for a sale to find them under $45.

$85 for a shirt regardless of brand is ridiculous to me. I'll wait for a sale to find them under $45.

That's fair.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I chuckled at the Spicoli shorts.

Polos aren't bad.

I laughed too when I saw the packing list, maybe I'll hit the ball like him now?

I wish.

How does TM run size wise? Does it tend to run big or small compared to Nike golf polo's or something of that sort?

It depends on the material IMO. Will talk about this in the review, but the Pima-blend from them runs true to size IMO, while the "Athletic Pique" 96% poly shirts definitely run more loose. The Cunningham 100% fits bigger than the Jean Debeaux here for me...and this has been true of all my TM stuff. Its not massive, but there is a difference.

I'm feeling obligated to purchase a certain pair of shorts.

I like the looks but not the prices.

Back