2008-2009 NHL Season / Fantasy

Just thought I'd revive this thread.

Let's see were past the All Star break, which I think was a good one this year. Had a few firsts this year.

Last night my Rangers played terribly against the Devils, losing 3-0, after losing 10-2 against the Stars just a few days earlier. If we hadn't started so well we souldn't be int he playoff picture right now.

Anyone else want to chime in on their team/s?

good call 907! Thanks for reviving this...

best jerseys ever!

796e94f8-b7cc-44e2-b5ad-cb1cfa0f1f96.jpg

0917f159-43e8-4f65-8909-c7e7c3fee337.jpg

Looks like my other team, San Jose, had a solid come from behind win over the Bruins. Thornton had one lucky goal, but they were down 2-0 at one point, and pulled out the win.

Hey Dan Did not know you are a Habs Fan I've been A Bruins fan since 1971

How did you like the game today? :banana:

Just messing with ya

Hey Dan Did not know you are a Habs Fan I've been A Bruins fan since 1971

How I am a Habs fan, no idea? I never saw the glory days of the Bruins but grew up idolizing Roy (I was a goalie growing up...)

The Kings are only 2 points behind the Wild/Blue Jackets for the last playoff spot and they have won 4 in a row. I might be going tomorrow night to watch them play the Flames.

The Kings are only 2 points behind the Wild/Blue Jackets for the last playoff spot and they have won 4 in a row. I might be going tomorrow night to watch them play the Flames.

is it easy/cheap to get seats?

I'm stoked Gasman! I've said all year that I just want that 8 spot. I don't care if we lose in the first round of the playoffs, I just want to experience playoff hockey again. Go Kings!

It's been pretty easy all season to get tickets. They've run some great specials and StubHub will give you lower level tickets for around $30 a pop.

I'm stoked Gasman! I've said all year that I just want that 8 spot. I don't care if we lose in the first round of the playoffs, I just want to experience playoff hockey again. Go Kings!

It's been pretty easy all season to get tickets. They've run some great specials and StubHub will give you lower level tickets for around $30 a pop.

30... that's pretty boss. I love the Habs, but I love the game and the sport equally so I love going to Bruins games. It's great seeing everyone up close with nice loge seats, but also awesome sitting up higher and being able to see strategies and plays develop.

Only problem, Boston is expensive even when they aren't playing welll... now that they are one the hottest teams in the league its really expensive to catch a game

30... that's pretty boss. I love the Habs, but I love the game and the sport equally so I love going to Bruins games. It's great seeing everyone up close with nice loge seats, but also awesome sitting up higher and being able to see strategies and plays develop.

Only problem, Boston is expensive even when they aren't playing welll... now that they are one the hottest teams in the league its really expensive to catch a game

Yeah, it's crazy because face value for those lower level seats are in the $75 range. But season ticket holders will dump them on StubHub because there isn't a huge demand for Kings tickets. I mean, the attendance isn't horrible, there just isn't a ton of sellouts. There are only a few home games left, and now that we are in a playoff push the fans will come out. That's just how it is here.

thats kool Dan, I have Roy's Rookie card you can't go wrong Idolizing him probably the greatest goalie In recent times outside of "that inj goalie In NJ who should be coming back soon", not naming any names LOL I am a long time B's fan but have a great appreciation for all the history and "Old Time Hockey Legends, heck I grew up Idolizing #4 the greatest defenseman of all time.

Last edited:
thats kool Dan, I have Roy's Rookie card you can't go wrong Idolizing him probably the greatest goalie In recent times outside of "that inj goalie In NJ who should be coming back soon, not naming any names LOL I am a long time B's fan but have a great appreciation for all the history and "Old Time Hockey Legends, heck I grew up Idolizing #4 the greatest defenseman of all time.

clearly... the best ever

positively absolutely unquestionably no doubt about it and if his knees didn't tank on him at the start of the 1976 season he would have played a few more years past his 30th birthday, cept it was a little tough seeing him in a chicago blackhawks uni even briefly.

positively absolutely unquestionably no doubt about it and if his knees didn't tank on him at the start of the 1976 season he would have played a few more years past his 30th birthday, cept it was a little tough seeing him in a chicago blackhawks uni even briefly.

I read in Hockey News that if he had the same injury in todays era he would have missed 8 weeks of the season and his knee would have been 100% afterwards

scary...

agreed 100% glad we can talk hockey even if you do like "Les Habitants" just kidding, I can't wait for golf to start still have 2/3 of feb and all of March yet yuck here in NY State it stinks but I got to keep quiet because my fiancee the other day told me to "Sternly"get over the fact that I can't, and she golfs too 10 strokes better than me on avg...till this year LOL.

Sorry but that 8th spot is being saved for my CBJ. If we get into 6 or higher you can have that 8th spot. We've got a big game coming up Friday against those Commies from Detroit.

We've got two great young goalies that have been in the net recently. Mason is a monster and I think La Costa is going to be a monster too. I just wonder which one will stick around. You can't have two great goalies.

Ive had people giving them to me all season. The problem is when they start doing better I dont see the tickets as much. But they are still really easy to get tickets to. The Dodgers on a Bobblehead night is a different story.

Its been a while, the 2001 playoff run with Deadmarsh were some good times.

I'll be at the CBJ and Red Wings game tonight. Looks like we fell to 10th place with a win. :confused2: Knocking off Detroit again tonight would be HUGE. Let's go CBJ. :alien2: :banana: :alien2: :banana:

just saw this...so Im bumping it back up. I love hockey but am a Avs fan so its not been a very good season so far...

Back