2008-2009 NHL Season / Fantasy

just saw this...so Im bumping it back up. I love hockey but am a Avs fan so its not been a very good season so far...

glad to see another hockey fan! I am eagerly awaiting the playoffs... I catch as many games as I can on my center ice package but its been slow lately

aw man...I miss having the center ice package. I dont get to see many games any more. But the playoffs will be awesome as always...except Im not sure who I will be cheering for this year...

We have the NHL network in HD now, so I have been watching more hockey than usual. Im surprised your not a Flyers fan China, being in Philly and all. Hextal was always one of my favorites when I was a kid, he was on every hockey video around.

Well well well I just saw this string today. DD you wore the Tools of Ignorance outstanding always good to have another twinner around. I did a little bit of time between the pipes. From the time I was 6 to 50 there where a few years off after hangin em up trying to get somewhere long enough to get a cup of coffee but I came back to it to play pick up with the boys every Wed and Sunday. I've been watching Kessler (Van), Booth (Fla), Nash (CBJ), Wisnewski(Chi),both Stastny's (Avs & StL), Jannsen (StL) and Staal (Car) since they were kids as my oldest son either played againist or with these guys. I hate to say it but I spend more time following the minors like ECHL, IHL, SPHL and of course the AHL and a little Jr's. Never liked Roy becasue he quit on his team (Habs) all over a bad outting. The Dominator in his prime, Fuhr, Belfour I got a surprize one for you Gilies Meloche absolutely fantasic just never played for a team where is really showed up. I take any of those guys first. My only prediction....the Wings.................................nope they won't repeat. A great team is built from the pipes out, Ozzy had a magic season last year played far above his head. Conks is pretty good and the Oz is having just an OK year but without a anchor teams don't win the cup.

We have the NHL network in HD now, so I have been watching more hockey than usual. Im surprised your not a Flyers fan China, being in Philly and all. Hextal was always one of my favorites when I was a kid, he was on every hockey video around.

well the flyers are my "backup" team but I guess im weird since none of the philly sports teams are my favs. I like the phillies but im not much of a baseball fan.

and I hope you're right lefTe...I hate detroit with a passion.

and I hope you're right lefTe...I hate detroit with a passion.

It seems that just about everybody does. I think it's a Yankees kind of thing but even through Illich has gone out and got talent you've got to remember that most of the talent comes from outstanding scouting. There more then likely isn't a more skilled team in the league watching Hossa & Pavel is like watching ballet. Earlier this year I was at a game vs. the Blues and watched these two score a shorthanded goal that looked more like they were playing 3Card Monty with the Blues "D". I did play more then a little and I don't know that I've ever seen anything quite like it. We know how they got Hossa but go and search just where they drafted players like Pavel, Hank Z, even Lindstrom this organization knows how to put a club together. Where they have failed is goaltending it's a long history of mistake after mistake. Howard is going to be another in a long line of busts. A few years back they hoped to get Luongo and resently Miller. Hasek, Joesph, Vernon just to name a few that they have had to bring in however that best one is when Belfour wanted to come to the Wings and Holland thought he was all washed up. Ah that would be a NO. However you can't blame it on Holland as the Wings netminder issues go back years. Ozzy is a Wings draft choice but they let him go he came back to backup Hasek but the frog turned into a prince but that was last year......

I had to choose between hockey and golf and ultimately I chose golf. It was a sad day to realize that the combination of hockey and golf was destroying my right hand/wrist. It's been almost two months since I've been off the ice and my hand has never felt better. I played about 90 holes this weekend down in Florida and the hand did not hurt once. I am certainly going to miss it... I'll try to hit the ice from time to time but high speed hockey is likely out for good.

I had to choose between hockey and golf and ultimately I chose golf. It was a sad day to realize that the combination of hockey and golf was destroying my right hand/wrist. It's been almost two months since I've been off the ice and my hand has never felt better. I played about 90 holes this weekend down in Florida and the hand did not hurt once. I am certainly going to miss it... I'll try to hit the ice from time to time but high speed hockey is likely out for good.

It is a tough day when it comes, I had under gone the knife 5 times on my knees and months of rehab only to have a few clots end it all. Now by this time I was 50 and only getting together with the boys a few times a week but I have no complaints I'm here which is a true miracle. I had 6 in my left lung and 2 in my right, heart stopped for a brief period of time. Later when they told me what would change in my life it was hockey that I would miss the most. It's not so much the playing per say but the "Room" is really what I miss most about skating. Many lifelong friendships which continue but I really miss the banter is the room before and after,a few cold ones. The upside I had to do something and golf is where I ended up. The greatest memory was skating with my son in a pick up as he was about to play in college and boy did he tool me. Unfortunetly his time was cut short by a heart condition and he had to hang them up at 19 but I got to skate with him one time for real. I stopped him on a breakaway picked the pea out of the upper corner the look on his face was great I don't think he thought the old man could move that fast.

It is a tough day when it comes, I had under gone the knife 5 times on my knees and months of rehab only to have a few clots end it all. Now by this time I was 50 and only getting together with the boys a few times a week but I have no complaints I'm here which is a true miracle. I had 6 in my left lung and 2 in my right, heart stopped for a brief period of time. Later when they told me what would change in my life it was hockey that I would miss the most. It's not so much the playing per say but the "Room" is really what I miss most about skating. Many lifelong friendships which continue but I really miss the banter is the room before and after,a few cold ones. The upside I had to do something and golf is where I ended up. The greatest memory was skating with my son in a pick up as he was about to play in college and boy did he tool me. Unfortunetly his time was cut short by a heart condition and he had to hang them up at 19 but I got to skate with him one time for real. I stopped him on a breakaway picked the pea out of the upper corner the look on his face was great I don't think he thought the old man could move that fast.

yeah, hear you on the "room"... plenty of good laughs there as nothing beats a few cold ones after a solid skate

ahh, miss it

Bruins Baby.

yeah... playing real well this season. A ton of bandwagoners coming out this year. I used to go to a ton of games in the past but this year they are tough to come by and expensive

one of my best friends is a diehard devils fan...he is always talkin sh** especially since my AVs are doing so poorly this year. I was happy when Marty got hurt but unfortunately it didnt matter. now that he's back I have to hear everyday how well is he doing. I want to hate the devils too but I really cant. I have alot of respect for the team. Every year they are right at the top...despite they never have a big name star player. just a really balanced team.

Capitols, Rangers and Sharks!

you know DD that I aint no bandwagon fan since 1970-71 season remember the coversation about "Orr" anyway there probably are a lot of bandwagoners in the Mass area now that they are doing well. Conversation starting like "Iv'e been a Bruins fan for a long time why I remember the time that ....or something like that however they end up doing this year it is a nice feeling just the same.

I always welcome the band wagoners, it means more money for the team.

My Jackets are still in the hunt. :alien2: :banana: I'm going to put my Stanley Cup bubbly on ice and have it nice and chilled for win we bring home the cup. :banana: :alien2:

Rumor has it Tim Thomas is gone at the end of the year. He may not get it done pretty but the pea stays out of the dump!

NHL trade deadline has now passed. Here's a list of moves that were made.

Trade Deadline moves

My Jackets traded our backup goalie and a draft pick for a center.

The Columbus Blue Jackets traded goaltender Pascal Leclaire and a second-round pick to the Ottawa Senators on Wednesday for center Antoine Vermette.

that is a pretty nice pick up for the jackets... vermette has yet to prove himself but he has talent

that is a pretty nice pick up for the jackets... vermette has yet to prove himself but he has talent

As long as we can just plug him in and go I'm all for it. I hate to see LeClaire go but I think our future between the pipes is pretty well set. We were needing a good center hopefully we found him.

leclaire could be a massive pick up for the sens... if anything their team is just one step away from having a bright future, happens to be goaltending

it killed them in the past juggling gerber (who sucks) and emery (who is good but is a headcase) especially since their first line is the best in the game

leclaire could be a massive pick up for the sens... if anything their team is just one step away from having a bright future, happens to be goaltending

it killed them in the past juggling gerber (who sucks) and emery (who is good but is a headcase) especially since their first line is the best in the game

I always felt confident with Leclaire between the pipes. I hope he does good. I'd really like to know how his ankle is doing now.

My Jackets are still in the hunt. :alien2: :banana: I'm going to put my Stanley Cup bubbly on ice and have it nice and chilled for win we bring home the cup. :banana: :alien2:

I heard somewhere that Nash got traded, guess it was just a rumour.

Back