2008-2009 NHL Season / Fantasy

Got some pretty big trades on the dead line.

The Rangers traded away 3 of their grinders, Petr Prucha, Nigel Dawes, and Dmitri Kalinin, for a Derek Morris who has 12 points in 57 games, we'll see how this trade works out.

The Rangers did acquire Nik Antropov, who is a solid player in the middle, I think he will do well for us.

One of the biggest trades I think would be the Penguins getting Bill Guerin from the Islanders, I guess he will be on a line with Sidney Crosby, I think that will be a solid duo.

And the final big trade would be the Bruins picking up Mark Recchi, he's a skilled veteran going to a very solid team.

Mark Recchi ? interesting pickup some would say he is a little long in the tooth but they would be wrong he still has a good bit of gas left in his tank as it were.

just saw this...so Im bumping it back up. I love hockey but am a Avs fan so its not been a very good season so far...

China Cat
Nice to hear from another Avs fan, The bad part about this season is they have played well in most of their games just not as good as their opponents. Doesn't help with all the injuries the team has had to key individuals!!
Some intesting trades today.
I am also a Sharks fan (I am originally from SJ), so at least I'll have a team to root for in the playoffs.

China Cat
Nice to hear from another Avs fan, The bad part about this season is they have played well in most of their games just not as good as their opponents. Doesn't help with all the injuries the team has had to key individuals!!
I am also a Sharks fan (I am originally from SJ), so at least I'll have a team to root for in the playoffs.

cool. I have very few avs fans to talk to. Im surrounded by flyers fans. I keep telling myself its a rebuilding period...even though I feel they should be doing much better than their record shows. I do like the sharks as well. I guess that is my true "backup" team because honestly...I just cant find myself able to root for the flyers despite my many attempts.

China Cat

Let's go Sharks! :clapp:

Mark Recchi ? interesting pickup some would say he is a little long in the tooth but they would be wrong he still has a good bit of gas left in his tank as it were.

I think he is going to be a solid edition to the Bruins.

I heard somewhere that Nash got traded, guess it was just a rumour.

The city is still standing so I don't think Nash was traded. We did trade away our #3 goalie LeClaire though.

For Who LefTe ?

Unless something has changed in the few days the "B"'s are having a tough time putting his name on paper. He's an UFA at the end of the season....word on the street is he'd like to play back home. There is also talk about that the Winged Wheels would like to make that happen. You know guys talk....people say things.

OK I'll finally come out of the closet....I'm a Leafs fan :beat-up: and have been since I started watching HNIC with my Mom. She was from London, Ont. and hated the Wings and Habs. Me not so much with the Wings...the Habs well that's another story. What the .... was Burke thinking Kolzig??????? getting rid of Nik??? I know he's a UFA at the season's end but a 2nd rounder, is he nuts! Then he gets Gerber or whoever from the Sens? I think I could strap em up and stop as many peas as this guy and that would be ZERO! I knew bringing in Burke was a mistake someone needs to have this guy pee in a cup....there has to be drugs involved! OK rant over I guess I'll have to continue to hold onto 1967 for a few more years.

The city is still standing so I don't think Nash was traded. We did trade away our #3 goalie LeClaire though.

Nash won't be going away until after July 2010, the BJac's will try and lock him up but money has him in NY, Tor, Mon or maybe even Det. Don't fall over if he goes home to play but the team will have to become much stronger to bring him in

Just found this thread - I am a hockey fan first and foremost. I love my Penguins, but I'm not one of those Crosby bandwagoners (I hate that). I've been playing goalie for over ten years, so my favorite players are usually the goalies.

It's shaping up to be one of the tightest stretch runs ever in both Conferences, so it should be very interesting to see how things come out.

Just found this thread - I am a hockey fan first and foremost. I love my Penguins, but I'm not one of those Crosby bandwagoners (I hate that). I've been playing goalie for over ten years, so my favorite players are usually the goalies.

It's shaping up to be one of the tightest stretch runs ever in both Conferences, so it should be very interesting to see how things come out.

OK this is going to be a problem (3) tenders on the same forum.

My Jackets stomped on the Red Wings Saturday night. :alien2: :banana: Still in 6th place. I heard last week that the Jackets have (at the time) 18 games left with 12 of them being against division opponents. Not a good time to go on a slide. Hopefully they can keep it up.

My Jackets are still in the hunt. :alien2: :banana: I'm going to put my Stanley Cup bubbly on ice and have it nice and chilled for win we bring home the cup. :banana: :alien2:

Still got that bubbly on ice. Should be nice and chilled. :alien2: Last night with the tie going into overtime my Jackets Clinched their spot in the playoffs for the first time in team history. Tickets go on sale Saturday Morning for the playoffs. I can't wait. I'm going to try to get tickets to the first game here in Columbus so I can be a part of the home history. Wish me luck.

Let's Go Jackets!!!!!!

It'll be interesting to see how Steve Mason handles himself in the postseason.

The Rangers, in a completely meaningless game for them, beat the Flyers in the third Period to win the 4th seed for the Penguins. Awesome.

It'll be interesting to see how Steve Mason handles himself in the postseason.

Lucky for us we got the Redwings the first round. Season series is 3-3. Mason handled himself pretty well in a couple big games this season. If his defense can help him a little he should do pretty well. When the defense leaves a guy open on the backside of the net and they feed him the puck there's nothing the goalie can do. Hopefully we'll make this a good playoff run.

I tried to get tickets for the 1st game here. I was on ticketmaster.com at 9 o'clock and it said all tickets were gone. :angry: So either there were a lot of places that were going after the tickets at the same time or people were able to get them a little earlier than 9.

I cant believe my Avs didnt make the playoffs...:angry:

They couldn't get anything by Mason and the Blues. But it's okay for me, the Sharks are first in the west! Right Bake :D

Trivia question for you guys.

Has there ever been a time that the defending World Champions have been eliminated in the first round by a team that is making their first appearance in the playoffs?

I know I'm getting way ahead of myself hoping that my Blue Jackets knock off the Red Wings in the first round, but I was just wondering if it's ever happened before.

Let go Jackets!!! :alien2: :banana:

Trivia question for you guys.

Has there ever been a time that the defending World Champions have been eliminated in the first round by a team that is making their first appearance in the playoffs?

I know I'm getting way ahead of myself hoping that my Blue Jackets knock off the Red Wings in the first round, but I was just wondering if it's ever happened before.

Let go Jackets!!! :alien2: :banana:

Not going to happen if Oz continues to play like this, which is how he played last year. I just hope the Jac's don't go Romper Room.

Not going to happen if Oz continues to play like this, which is how he played last year. I just hope the Jac's don't go Romper Room.

Too much to hope for starting to get Romper.

It was pretty calm compared to the Bruins Habs ending. Habs go New Zoo Revue, this doesn't send a message for the next game.

:sad: I hope the Jackets put on their A game suits for Saturday or when they get back to Columbus it could get really ugly. If Detroit comes to C-bus with a 2-0 lead I'll just wait for the doctor to come in and say "All we can do is make you comfortable and not feel any pain." :sad:

Back