2011 THP Outing Questions/Suggestions

you mean like a menu? I like ths idea.....
Upon returning home and being back on here and seeing stuff that was obviously at the outting that I just skimmed over or missed for whatever reason, it gave me an idea for the next one. When we get to the demo day I would love a piece of paper that says what companies have sent. Of that which ones are new or pre released. I guess I have just come to realize that it was ver overwelming and easy to miss things. I know we had a notepad, but, that still wouldnt help with missing things. Just an idea.

Also, I would love to have an itenerary, they did hand us a little packet when we got there, but it would have been nice just to have added in. Even with the tee times on there.

Upon returning home and being back on here and seeing stuff that was obviously at the outting that I just skimmed over or missed for whatever reason, it gave me an idea for the next one. When we get to the demo day I would love a piece of paper that says what companies have sent. Of that which ones are new or pre released. I guess I have just come to realize that it was ver overwelming and easy to miss things. I know we had a notepad, but, that still wouldnt help with missing things. Just an idea.

Also, I would love to have an itenerary, they did hand us a little packet when we got there, but it would have been nice just to have added in. Even with the tee times on there.

Going along with that thought, which I think is a good point, perhaps a handout with each vendor on its own page, broken down by category ( driver, hybrid, irons etc) with a 1-5 rating scale for different categories where we can simply put check marks then comments below. I am guessing you do something similar to this for shootouts. I was a bit overwhelemed at the demo day too and I love the idea this one will be all day, I think something like this would be beneficial as well.

And what packet are you referring to ? I do not recall a packet.

I second this suggestion about a list of what company sent what on demo day. I have a form I use when doing speaker demos for clients I'd be happy to share with you guys to steal formatting from.

you mean like a menu? I like ths idea.....

sure, if you wanna call it that. Example:

Mizuno:
JPX-800 Irons
JPX-800 Pro Irons
MP-53 Irons
MP-63 Irons
MP-T 11 Wedges

Prob not the best example because it was almost as if you could walk up to the Mizuno bag and it was ALL NEW

this may get a little cumbersome though
Going along with that thought, which I think is a good point, perhaps a handout with each vendor on its own page, broken down by category ( driver, hybrid, irons etc) with a 1-5 rating scale for different categories where we can simply put check marks then comments below. I am guessing you do something similar to this for shootouts. I was a bit overwhelemed at the demo day too and I love the idea this one will be all day, I think something like this would be beneficial as well.

it was just a packet from the resort....nothing from THP. I do not want to add a lot more work to the THP team on this. I would be very happy to even type this up for them. I just think it would be very cool to have a list of what the companies sent

this may get a little cumbersome though

Yes it would with how much we get normally. Another aspect is that we can always plan ahead, but many times we dont know exactly what will be there until a day or two before. That would mean re-printing more documents, etc...There was product information in each persons bag for many of the products at demo day. The reason we are breaking demo day up to a whole day event with sections now is to avoid this problem of people being overwhelmed.

I like the idea of the menu to- though thinking back we had a list on a thread that I could have paid much more attention to before the trip and prevented some of the problems. I agree with many of the people there were things there that I didn't hit simply because I didn't know they were there!

Yes it would with how much we get normally. Another aspect is that we can always plan ahead, but many times we dont know exactly what will be there until a day or two before. That would mean re-printing more documents, etc...There was product information in each persons bag for many of the products at demo day. The reason we are breaking demo day up to a whole day event with sections now is to avoid this problem of people being overwhelmed.

No matter what there will always be exceptions but you could get the majority of the stuff listed and then "write in" the late arrivals.

just what I was thinking, especially with the last minute changes that happen. If One-T's idea could be done ahead of time that would be great but I know that none of us want to be in the Business Center at PGA National at 11pm printing a 3rd revision of the menu. I keep forgetting about the separate demo day too. All day should be plenty of time to wander around and see what's out there, list or not.

I know this would be more work however it might be cool to have an individual station for each company/brand. Kind of like a demo day you would attend with all the tents for the companies set up. I realize the tents and such would not be necessary but would the individual stations work? How would it affect security etc.

I understand what you are saying, but, you can just start a list and as stuff come in, update that list. Print it the day before the outting, or email it to me and I will print it for you. If there is something not on the list then just tell us about it the day of.

just what I was thinking, especially with the last minute changes that happen. If One-T's idea could be done ahead of time that would be great but I know that none of us want to be in the Business Center at PGA National at 11pm printing a 3rd revision of the menu. I keep forgetting about the separate demo day too. All day should be plenty of time to wander around and see what's out there, list or not.

I totally agree. I think we can try and do some kind of list but we won't be able to get too detailed just because we had items arrive the day we were leaving so there is no way to have an exact list and I definitely don't want to be at the business center at 11pm doing that.

really? I disagree with this being as complicated as it sounds. Now, Rhinos version may take some time, mine is just a list of equipment.

I totally agree. I think we can try and do some kind of list but we won't be able to get too detailed just because we had items arrive the day we were leaving so there is no way to have an exact list and I definitely don't want to be at the business center at 11pm doing that.

nor would we want you at the business center. Thats the last thing we/I want.

Agreed.

I know this would be more work however it might be cool to have an individual station for each company/brand. Kind of like a demo day you would attend with all the tents for the companies set up. I realize the tents and such would not be necessary but would the individual stations work? How would it affect security etc.

I understand what you are saying Gray, but that defeats the purpose of our kind of demo day. The goal is to have EVERY company mingled together so brand loyalties are taken out of context and everybody tries everything. The truth is that if we had it set up that way last time, some brands would have never been touched. Each company had a staff bag that they were around and people could take a look at what was there.

I understand what you are saying, but, you can just start a list and as stuff come in, update that list. Print it the day before the outting, or email it to me and I will print it for you. If there is something not on the list then just tell us about it the day of.

It does not work that way still. Many items are shipped directly to the hotel. Delivered by local reps directly to the hotel. Companies like Cobra for instance did not send us anything. It was dropped off by corporate the morning of demo day.

Could you tell the companies a "deadline date" of when you would like to have their clubs to you? I am going through that right now with my company's trade show and coordinating that with our 40 vendors.

really? I disagree with this being as complicated as it sounds. Now, Rhinos version may take some time, mine is just a list of equipment.

mine is the same as yours just adding 5 columns for check marks. and space at the bottom for comments. Very simple

Could you tell the companies a "deadline date" of when you would like to have their clubs to you? I am going through that right now with my company's trade show and coordinating that with our 40 vendors.

Of course we have a deadline date....It is 30 days prior to the outing. Do you think we had any of the stuff by said deadline date? No. Should we tell you guys "Sorry, Taylormade wont be here because of deadlines"? We are dealing with pre-release equipment, new equipment, and prototypes. Many times the stuff is not even ready until a day or two before the weekend. Its a little different world in different industries.

Well, sorry I opened a can of worms here.

Of course we have a deadline date....It is 30 days prior to the outing. Do you think we had any of the stuff by said deadline date? No. Should we tell you guys "Sorry, Taylormade wont be here because of deadlines"? We are dealing with pre-release equipment, new equipment, and prototypes. Many times the stuff is not even ready until a day or two before the weekend. Its a little different world in different industries.

I agree and understand that JB, the "late arrivals" can be written in hand. Sounds like you are not on board with this.. I'll drop it.

I understand what you are saying Gray, but that defeats the purpose of our kind of demo day. The goal is to have EVERY company mingled together so brand loyalties are taken out of context and everybody tries everything. The truth is that if we had it set up that way last time, some brands would have never been touched. Each company had a staff bag that they were around and people could take a look at what was there.

That makes good sense. Got ya.

Well, sorry I opened a can of worms here.

No worries at all man. Sometimes it is not noticed by us that people want to see more and we need to explain it better why we can't. It does not mean it cannot happen, just that it is not that easy due to making sure the everything is there.

To give you an example. 6 Companies from this last outing gave us a list of what was coming and what showed up was completely different. And it came within 48 hours of not making the outing. If our choice is cutting companies off and getting you guys the list accurately, we can do that, but I think some might want more gear than less gear.

Back