2011 THP Outing Questions/Suggestions

that crazy little THP birdie made his way to asheville today and brought me some interesting news concerning the outing. apparently, there's a good chance there will be a HUGE announcement at some point today.

The next outing is CANCELED!! But the 18% gratuity is still expected to be paid.

Reactions: TC
THP Staff is paid for!??!?? :act-up:
that crazy little THP birdie made his way to asheville today and brought me some interesting news concerning the outing. apparently, there's a good chance there will be a HUGE announcement at some point today.

===== QUOTE TC ====

===== /QUOTE ====

The next outing is CANCELED!! But the 18% gratuity is still expected to be paid.

I gotta VETO that response

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

WOOOOHHHOOOOOO!!!

I have a travel agent on hold waiting for the word to come down.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

You can pay me to set up your travel arrangements

OHHH SNAP!

Man....Step away from the forum for 24 hours and 3 pages are posted.....
Well, since a lot of this started with me I will chime in....

18% - Yes..I was probably the first one to bring this up. I have never really stayed at a high end resort where they automatically added a gratuity. I probably equate high end resort to "all inclusive" resort which is a mistake on my part. Personally, I would rather leave my own tips based on the service rendered. I would have left 20% or so for the bartenders, but somewhat less in the Bear Trap. The service rendered was quite different. By tacking 18% on to everything, there is no real distinction between the people that are really outstanding in their field and the ones that are one mistake away from being fired. After returning to the real world and the forum, I realized that this is indeed the norm for high end resorts. I took note and will be expecting it next time. At that point, I dropped the subject and did not say anything else.....yet somehow...the 18% subject matter will not die... Please stop resurrecting this subject matter since the person that started it, moi, has seen how the operation works and will abide by it without complaints should I attend another major outing.

Demo Day - Yes..I am one of the people that has yet to post my reviews on the 2 clubs I got to try. I was going to post the other night, but when I went to look for my notes (yes..I actually took written notes I could not find them. I believe they are in my travel bag in the attic, so once I have dealt with my 7 yr old, his cub scouts, my new job, plans for the 3 day weekend, my sister in laws wrecked relationship and making sure my visiting in-laws needs are met, I will get right on it.

My comments for 2011 - First off, I want to thank JB and GG for making the 2010 outing a weekend to remember. I met a lot of new friends and experienced some things I would never have had the chance to otherwise.

With that in mind, the following is my opinion, so please take it as that. There is no empirical data to back it up. From what I understand, this outing made some great improvements upon the Spring outing. This is what is supposed to happen. Take in as much feedback as possible, adjust the things you can within cost and reason and then give non critical reasons why some of the other things can not be executed. I will use the 18% gratuity as an example. As stated before, I had never been to a resort that auto charged an 18% gratuity on everything. When I mentioned that in the "what you thought about the outing" thread, I was severely ostracized. I just did not know that was the way things worked. Yet several members of the forum took that opportunity to bash my opinion instead of just explaining it logically to me. Some of you were "good" at the explaining part but those were a minority. In my opinion, it just seems that anytime someone brings a comment, feedback or idea that is not at least 90% positive, they are semi criticized.

ok...i am done...I did not mean to cause a lot of the drama in this thread.
My current job requires me to look for efficiencies everywhere and make comments to that fact. I thought I could do the same at THP. I will try to be more careful in the way I word things so as not to upset the apple cart...

bama

we have to pay TC's phone bill plus 18%?

Man....Step away from the forum for 24 hours and 3 pages are posted.....
Well, since a lot of this started with me I will chime in....

18% - Yes..I was probably the first one to bring this up. I have never really stayed at a high end resort where they automatically added a gratuity. I probably equate high end resort to "all inclusive" resort which is a mistake on my part. Personally, I would rather leave my own tips based on the service rendered. I would have left 20% or so for the bartenders, but somewhat less in the Bear Trap. The service rendered was quite different. By tacking 18% on to everything, there is no real distinction between the people that are really outstanding in their field and the ones that are one mistake away from being fired. After returning to the real world and the forum, I realized that this is indeed the norm for high end resorts. I took note and will be expecting it next time. At that point, I dropped the subject and did not say anything else.....yet somehow...the 18% subject matter will not die... Please stop resurrecting this subject matter since the person that started it, moi, has seen how the operation works and will abide by it without complaints should I attend another major outing.

Sure there is a way to show great service. TIP MORE than 18%! That shows that you had exceptional service.

Demo Day - Yes..I am one of the people that has yet to post my reviews on the 2 clubs I got to try. I was going to post the other night, but when I went to look for my notes (yes..I actually took written notes I could not find them. I believe they are in my travel bag in the attic, so once I have dealt with my 7 yr old, his cub scouts, my new job, plans for the 3 day weekend, my sister in laws wrecked relationship and making sure my visiting in-laws needs are met, I will get right on it.

Its unfortunate, but true. LH golfers knew going in to this that there would not be much more available since you were the only LH golfer out there other than a staff member. Yet clearly demo day worked for you since you went out and purchased a club you tried there. The amount of work that went in by GG to even get those select LH clubs was staggering. All we have asked of ANYBODY in attendance is to please give their feedback on the clubs in a fairly timely manner. At this point it does not matter as the time has passed and NO this is not just directed at you. I guess on my end, I really did not think someone taking 15 minutes to post their feedback from the demo day was a lot to ask for based on what most got out of this weekend. Clearly others feel differently and we have taken note of that.

My comments for 2011 - First off, I want to thank JB and GG for making the 2010 outing a weekend to remember. I met a lot of new friends and experienced some things I would never have had the chance to otherwise.

With that in mind, the following is my opinion, so please take it as that. There is no empirical data to back it up. From what I understand, this outing made some great improvements upon the Spring outing. This is what is supposed to happen. Take in as much feedback as possible, adjust the things you can within cost and reason and then give non critical reasons why some of the other things can not be executed. I will use the 18% gratuity as an example. As stated before, I had never been to a resort that auto charged an 18% gratuity on everything. When I mentioned that in the "what you thought about the outing" thread, I was severely ostracized. I just did not know that was the way things worked. Yet several members of the forum took that opportunity to bash my opinion instead of just explaining it logically to me. Some of you were "good" at the explaining part but those were a minority. In my opinion, it just seems that anytime someone brings a comment, feedback or idea that is not at least 90% positive, they are semi criticized.

There is nothing wrong with feedback by anybody. NEVER. But sometimes when it is the 1st thing mentioned by someone in their critique of the weekend it ruffles some people the wrong way. Especially with how much fun everybody just had and what this took to plan and the cost to pull it off. Instead of bashing the process, a quick google search or asking the question would have brought the answer rather than the criticalness of the posts by some.

ok...i am done...I did not mean to cause a lot of the drama in this thread.
My current job requires me to look for efficiencies everywhere and make comments to that fact. I thought I could do the same at THP. I will try to be more careful in the way I word things so as not to upset the apple cart...

bama

I was going to leave this alone, but being that I am getting ready to announce the next one, I feel as though its necessary. My OPINION in red.

I was going to leave this alone, but being that I am getting ready to announce the next one, I feel as though its necessary. My OPINION in red.

GOd JB...that last post brought back some bad memories of high school essays I used to get back from teachers... everything critiqued in red.

Can't wait to hear the announcement

I'm excited to hear was was decided too, I keep on hitting refresh on the main screen waiting for a post!

I can only hope this works out with my extremely difficult schedule :) lol.

I will do ANYTHING to make this one

Just pray
"not exam time, not exam time, not exam time!"

I can only hope this works out with my extremely difficult schedule :) lol.

I will do ANYTHING to make this one

Just pray
"not exam time, not exam time, not exam time!"

I'm considering a bit of praying myself Thainer. There's a family trip planned in the spring.
Where do you direct these type of prayers?

I will listen to any and all prayers....'only $3.99/minute'
I'm considering a bit of praying myself Thainer. There's a family trip planned in the spring.
Where do you direct these type of prayers?

Im excited. Already packing my Grossman jerseys... Yup there are multiple.

Ok everyone JB will be making the announcement in a new thread in just a few minutes. When he does let's go ahead and move past the 18% jokes and what not and let's just get excited about the next outing!!!! He is finishing the post now and it will be up shortly. We hope everyone is happy with the decision.

Ok everyone JB will be making the announcement in a new thread in just a few minutes. When he does let's go ahead and move past the 18% jokes and what not and let's just get excited about the next outing!!!! He is finishing the post now and it will be up shortly. We hope everyone is happy with the decision.

ok done with the jokes...time to get excited!

Upon returning home and being back on here and seeing stuff that was obviously at the outting that I just skimmed over or missed for whatever reason, it gave me an idea for the next one. When we get to the demo day I would love a piece of paper that says what companies have sent. Of that which ones are new or pre released. I guess I have just come to realize that it was ver overwelming and easy to miss things. I know we had a notepad, but, that still wouldnt help with missing things. Just an idea.

Also, I would love to have an itenerary, they did hand us a little packet when we got there, but it would have been nice just to have added in. Even with the tee times on there.

Back