2012 Cleveland Mashie Hybrids & Irons

True. How about your personal experience with the Mashie FW, JB? Did you find it to be more forgiving and/or longer than the comparable Mashie Hybrid?

Its 14 degrees of loft compared to the one I use at about 20 degrees for the hybrid. Its hard to compare. I wish I could help more and as these get closer to release, we will have more info and a full review on them.

Its 14 degrees of loft compared to the one I use at about 20 degrees for the hybrid. Its hard to compare. I wish I could help more and as these get closer to release, we will have more info and a full review on them.

I understand. Can't wait for the review and the chance to hit the Mashie FW myself. Thanks, JB!

release date

release date

Hi posting from uk, i rang cleveland in uk yesterday to ask when mashie fairways are coming out, they said end of jan into them, and in shops on the 1st of feb i dont know about usa though

I played the entire round with the Mashie FW off the tee. All 14 tee shots were done with it and measured with GPS.
I hit 11 of 14 fairways and averaged 237 off the tee. It was windy as heck out there today and unfortunately for me, only one hole was downwind.
I also hit it twice off the deck and got 227 and 239 respectively reaching both par 5s in two.
I love this club so much.

With results like that, how could you not? that's great stuff man! Any pondering of adding another FW to the bag as well?

I played the entire round with the Mashie FW off the tee. All 14 tee shots were done with it and measured with GPS.
I hit 11 of 14 fairways and averaged 237 off the tee. It was windy as heck out there today and unfortunately for me, only one hole was downwind.
I also hit it twice off the deck and got 227 and 239 respectively reaching both par 5s in two.

What tees or yardage did you play from? By teeing off with a 3w, did it leave you with a long iron in to the greens?

With results like that, how could you not? that's great stuff man! Any pondering of adding another FW to the bag as well?

Not at this time, but that is just because of my bag makeup.

Those results are very promising JB. Especially into the wind. I think a lot of the Cleveland staffers are grinning right now.

I want to reach some par 5's in two too. Honestly, reading that makes me crazy. That's some solid distance on a windy day using a club that's almost two inches shorter than other fairway woods.

Those results are certainly fine by my standards and something Id be more then happy with. For you though, have you given any thought to the next higher lofted Mashie 3W, 15.5 I think? Or are you pretty content with the 14*?

Those results are certainly fine by my standards and something Id be more then happy with. For you though, have you given any thought to the next higher lofted Mashie 3W, 15.5 I think? Or are you pretty content with the 14*?

I have been giving it a lot of thought. We sent it to one of our equipment testers and I will be following along quite a bit. I really like what I see out of the 14* though, but its about gaps for me and consistency.

I have been giving it a lot of thought. We sent it to one of our equipment testers and I will be following along quite a bit. I really like what I see out of the 14* though, but its about gaps for me and consistency.

Do you want to close the gap between the 3W and M3 a bit? I'll be quite interested in that one too.

Do you want to close the gay between the 3W and M3 a bit? I'll be quite interested in that one too.

Hmmm. What are you insinuating about my clubs? hehe.

No, I look at the 3 wood as more of something I hit to achieve distance and as long as I know the number, I think I am okay. What I meant by gaps for me is that I dont want one too close to my hybrids and if I go M2 instead of M3, I think the lower loft helps me here. But I will try them both out at demo day for sure.

Hmmm. What are you insinuating about my clubs? hehe.

No, I look at the 3 wood as more of something I hit to achieve distance and as long as I know the number, I think I am okay. What I meant by gaps for me is that I dont want one too close to my hybrids and if I go M2 instead of M3, I think the lower loft helps me here. But I will try them both out at demo day for sure.

haha oops, tell your clubs I didnt mean that, lol, fixed it. Ok, I see what youre saying. And however it shakes out you'll be in a good spot.

Yep, it looks like they are on TGW as well.

I heard that someone preordered a Mashie FW from Blind9, and if I decide to get this baby, I'll be doing it through them for sure.

I heard that someone preordered a Mashie FW from Blind9, and if I decide to get this baby, I'll be doing it through them for sure.

And it wasnt me. Imagine that lol

Beast mode from tapatalk

And it wasnt me. Imagine that lol

Beast mode from tapatalk

I was surprised that it wasn't you! I would have thought you'd have OEMd it immediately!

Do it. It'll be worth your while, Patty and Dennis are the best.

Do it. It'll be worth your while, Patty and Dennis are the best.

I will if I decide to pull the trigger - just need to check the finances. I can get an FL for cheap used, but the Mashie just sounds amazing.

Very much looking forward to the reviews on the Mashie FW's. I really want to try the 3W and 5W.

Looking at TGW and excited to see the Mashie pricing! The pricing sure looks reasonable. It also says that the iron/hybrid set comes with Callaway graphite shafts (?!?!), can anyone confirm? So how many folks will be testing new 3 woods around the middle of next month?

JB, thanks for kicking Mashie love back up another level or five. Nice to finally see a date on their release as well!!

Looking at TGW and excited to see the Mashie pricing! The pricing sure looks reasonable. It also says that the iron/hybrid set comes with Callaway graphite shafts (?!?!), can anyone confirm? So how many folks will be testing new 3 woods around the middle of next month?

JB, thanks for kicking Mashie love back up another level or five. Nice to finally see a date on their release as well!!

That was a typo/error on TGW's part.

That was a typo/error on TGW's part.

It was the same on the link that dankil13 posted as well. Although TGW & Austads looked conspicuously similar. If the set hybrids come loaded with Miyazaki shafts, that would be one heck of a deal and iron set.

Back