2012 Outing Q&A + Villa Videos

Its a villa complex. They have shuttles to take you everywhere 24 hours a day.
Tipping is suggested. :alien:

Will Wider be driving the shuttles?

Ok, so its 415/per couple per night when both in the couple is golfing in the villas. Is there a non-villas option?

If people want to get a room by themselves and not have the common space they can do this. However, all the rooms are technically in the villas, they have a connector door (just like adjoining rooms in a hotel) but if you don't want to share the villa with others then that connector will just stay locked.

So, if I'm traveling alone should I automatically plan on getting a single..or do we come up with some way to group together solo's?

This is why we have single and double rates. For people who want to have a roommate then the rates are $207.50 per person per room. If someone wants to room by themselves, or bring a spouse who doesn't golf then the price is $299 per room.

I am so glad you know exactly what is going on GG, I am not sure at all, I just think I am sending $299 to the resort tomorrow to reserve my spot for me and my non-golfing wife. We will get rooms worked out later if I understand all of this.

Yup, for sign up you just need to have your 1 night's stay deposit ready (so $299 for single and $207.50 for double) and then throughout the course of the year we will work on picking roommates and villa mates.

Alright, GG, so if I wouldn't mind staying in a double but do not yet have a roommate I should be prepared to pay the $207.50? THP will assist us in finding roommates? That was my main thought.

If a spouse doesnt want the unlimited golf, but wants to possibly play a round on the trip, is that an option just to pay for a single round? If so, how much?

I am so glad you know exactly what is going on GG, I am not sure at all, I just think I am sending $299 to the resort tomorrow to reserve my spot for me and my non-golfing wife. We will get rooms worked out later if I understand all of this.

Yeah, this. Thanks GG for putting up with those of us who are understanding-challenged.

Alright, GG, so if I wouldn't mind staying in a double but do not yet have a roommate I should be prepared to pay the $207.50? THP will assist us in finding roommates? That was my main thought.

Yes, you would just pay the $207.50 and then a few months before the outing I am sure someone will start a roommate thread. We have done this the past two years and it has helped people connect to find a roommate. THP will not personally help you find a roommate but the members here will all get together and make it work out.

If a spouse doesnt want the unlimited golf, but wants to possibly play a round on the trip, is that an option just to pay for a single round? If so, how much?

They would pay whatever the course rates are at that time. I cannot say for sure what that cost would be.

GG, help me understand this a bit more. Rght now, as I have done for the last 2 outings, I plan to arrive early to justify my flying as far as I do for these. IF I arrive say Wed. or even the Saturday or Sunday before and my 7 other villa-mates are not planning to arrive until Thurs because they live closer, how is that going to affect me. What do you mean " lose the use of the common area?" Would it make sense to make 2 reservations then? One for me alone from say Sunday till Thursday and then another when all my villa mates will be present THursday -Monday?

No. That is the tricky part about the villas. Both parties need to be in the villa in order to have use of the common area. If one couple wants to stay longer and the other one does then the couple staying longer can stay in their room but they lose the use of the common area. The cost at that time will either be $199 if no one is golfing or $299 if 1 person is golf golfing.

hardee har har.....
on a serious note, I tried to find the layout, but every time I google it, it comes up with golf course layouts for some odd reason...lol

GG, you answered all of my questions. Thank you so much for your help!

GG, help me understand this a bit more. Rght now, as I have done for the last 2 outings, I plan to arrive early to justify my flying as far as I do for these. IF I arrive say Wed. or even the Saturday or Sunday before and my 7 other villa-mates are not planning to arrive until Thurs because they live closer, how is that going to affect me. What do you mean " lose the use of the common area?" Would it make sense to make 2 reservations then? One for me alone from say Sunday till Thursday and then another when all my villa mates will be present THursday -Monday?

No you do not need to make two reservations. You will make your reservation just like you normally would. You will get the room you will be staying in for the entire time of your reservation. The only difference is that the connector that opens you up to the living/dining/kitchen will be locked. It will not be unlocked until all 4 rooms in that villa are filled with THP'ers. If you all come in 3 days early and all stay 3 days late then the common area will be unlocked for everyone. This is done because the other rooms might be occupied by someone who has paid extra for the common area. The rates we got are actually just for the room and the resort is giving everyone the common area for free. Normally you would be paying more for access to that room.

No you do not need to make two reservations. You will make your reservation just like you normally would. You will get the room you will be staying in for the entire time of your reservation. The only difference is that the connector that opens you up to the living/dining/kitchen will be locked. It will not be unlocked until all 4 rooms in that villa are filled with THP'ers. If you all come in 3 days early and all stay 3 days late then the common area will be unlocked for everyone. This is done because the other rooms might be occupied by someone who has paid extra for the common area. The rates we got are actually just for the room and the resort is giving everyone the common area for free. Normally you would be paying more for access to that room.

Hmmm so I lose access to the kitchen? That was one of the things that I liked about this villa concept. Darn!!

so..for now..we just sign up for one days deposit ($207).
then we have 10 months to figure out both the sleeping arrangements per room and the most advantageous accommodations for the villa where we can get the most use out of the common area

Hmmm so I lose access to the kitchen? That was one of the things that I liked about this villa concept. Darn!!

5 - 10 - 15 dude! You know the drill :hungry:

This is only for the days where the entire 4 bedrooms are not occupied by THP'ers. As soon as all the THP'ers are in the 4 bedrooms, the doors to the common area will be open.

so..for now..we just sign up for one days deposit ($207).
then we have 10 months to figure out both the sleeping arrangements per room and the most advantageous accommodations for the villa where we can get the most use out of the common area

Yes.

This is only for the days where the entire 4 bedrooms are not occupied by THP'ers. As soon as all the THP'ers are in the 4 bedrooms, the doors to the common area will be open.

Well that was what I was referring to also. In outings past I have usually arrived a day or two earlier than most people (except for 9-iron and Adamsgirl..lol) and this one due to it being in Orlando I was thinking of arriving the weekend before and maybe hit D-World or something. I did not realize I would not have access to the common areas during the "extended time".

I realize we are still a ways out, but I assume we might get some discounts at one of the bars/lounges???
May be just take one completely over for the trip....
Grand Cypress will definitely make some money there...:drinks:

Well that was what I was referring to also. In outings past I have usually arrived a day or two earlier than most people (except for 9-iron and Adamsgirl..lol) and this one due to it being in Orlando I was thinking of arriving the weekend before and maybe hit D-World or something. I did not realize I would not have access to the common areas during the "extended time".

You can still arrive early like you have at other outings. You will get the same type of room you had at other outings as well.
You can still enjoy all the things the resort has to offer and the unlimited golf as well as everything Orlando has to offer.
The only thing not included is the small kitchen that opens up when the outing officially starts.

I realize we are still a ways out, but I assume we might get some discounts at one of the bars/lounges???
May be just take one completely over for the trip....
Grand Cypress will definitely make some money there...:drinks:

No there will not be discounts at the bars and lounges.
Most voiced that they preferred the idea of drinking in the villas and saving money. So we felt as though that made up for a 2 for 1 discount.

I'm assuming they do but do the villas have wifi? Not that I think I'll be on it a lot but it would still be nice to have it.

I'm assuming they do but do the villas have wifi? Not that I think I'll be on it a lot but it would still be nice to have it.

Valid question..have to be able to post on THP while we're at a THP event, haha.

Valid question..have to be able to post on THP while we're at a THP event, haha.

Yes, wifi is included in the price.

You can still arrive early like you have at other outings. You will get the same type of room you had at other outings as well.
You can still enjoy all the things the resort has to offer and the unlimited golf as well as everything Orlando has to offer.
The only thing not included is the small kitchen that opens up when the outing officially starts.

Yep I got it!

I need this not to sell out tomorrow folks

Back