2013 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are times where I will wrap a small towel or rag around around a bar just to make it harder yet. I have used lighted wrapped wrist straps with kettlebells. It gets brutal.

Yea, that's good stuff Blu - used to do that at times while deadlifting.

Yea, that's good stuff Blu - used to do that at times while deadlifting.

That sounds awful. I would rather spoon with a Kodiak bear.

That sounds awful. I would rather spoon with a Kodiak bear.

Only did it on back of weeks when I wasn't lifting nearly as heavy - can't imagine trying a heavy deadlift like that lol!

BTW - my friends girlfriend works at the Baltimore Zoo - I'll see if I can arrange the kodiac bear spooning thing!

After years of...well, total fitness neglect, I finally decided to get off my oversized butt and do something about it in 2013. Sure wish I would have started this well before I turned 50! Looking back, I think my previous insistance of working out a minimum of 5 days per week might have derailed me before I even began. So far, I've been to the gym three days each week, doing a weightlifting circuit + 30 min. on the bike; I have yet to miss a workout! Next step: getting my diet under control.

After years of...well, total fitness neglect, I finally decided to get off my oversized butt and do something about it in 2013. Sure wish I would have started this well before I turned 50! Looking back, I think my previous insistance of working out a minimum of 5 days per week might have derailed me before I even began. So far, I've been to the gym three days each week, doing a weightlifting circuit + 30 min. on the bike; I have yet to miss a workout! Next step: getting my diet under control.

Training too much can be nearly as bad as not training enough Jmann. Five days a week isn't bad though, and IMO is preferable - IF you are varying intensity & protocals. To just get more heathly & fit though, a good program done 3 days a week is fine. You just have to pay a bit more attention to your diet if body composition changes are your goal.

Training too much can be nearly as bad as not training enough Jmann. Five days a week isn't bad though, and IMO is preferable - IF you are varying intensity & protocals. To just get more heathly & fit though, a good program done 3 days a week is fine. You just have to pay a bit more attention to your diet if body composition changes are your goal.

Eventually I hope to have the motivation to workout five days a week, but just getting myself to stick with three days a week is a personal victory. Once the weather warms up I will probably be spending my off-days out on the course, so it's important for me to stick with my current routine. You're absolutely correct about the diet - this will all go for naught if I keep eating like Homer Simpson!

Ugh, the gym is closed right now. Oh well, I'll have to go tomorrow.

Ugh, the gym is closed right now. Oh well, I'll have to go tomorrow.

??? It is not 24 hours at a college campus? Seems like your student ID would get you in so as to keep out non students.

Eventually I hope to have the motivation to workout five days a week, but just getting myself to stick with three days a week is a personal victory. Once the weather warms up I will probably be spending my off-days out on the course, so it's important for me to stick with my current routine. You're absolutely correct about the diet - this will all go for naught if I keep eating like Homer Simpson!

Dohhhh! Sorry - had to throw that in there! Agree, just keep going bro!

??? It is not 24 hours at a college campus? Seems like your student ID would get you in so as to keep out non students.

They closed the rest of campus also and cancelled school because of freezing rain. Lol.

Our weight area has been closed for the last two days as well but because of new equipment so I ended up playing basketball. They were suppose to be done at 2 today but I don't think they managed to get anything done but the free weight room. This week has been lame with the stomach flu and its knocked me off track. I might go back and try and lift tonight because I am really bored lol.

They closed the rest of campus also and cancelled school because of freezing rain. Lol.

Wow, I did not realize that. Makes sense then. Makes for more time to chase co-eds though :smile:

Well. I did a barbell dead lifts and dumbbell splits squats last night I have never torn a muscle. But insure felt like I was close last night.

Now 5 days of rest.

Well. I did a barbell dead lifts and dumbbell splits squats last night I have never torn a muscle. But insure felt like I was close last night.

Now 5 days of rest.

Good call bud. I know you have been battling for a little while now. Nice job with all the work the past month. Enjoy the workout vacation!

Insanity cardio power and resistance done! Week 4 of the program, there's no stopping me!

Insanity cardio power and resistance done! Week 4 of the program, there's no stopping me!

No there is not MD!!!! Awesome mindset and awesome workout!

Doubt its much, with warmup and cooldown they are 40-45 as is

Insanity plyometric cardio circuit done for today. Might bust out another workout tonight with tomorrows weigh in looming

Insanity plyometric cardio circuit done for today. Might bust out another workout tonight with tomorrows weigh in looming
Great work Mike!

Great work mike. Morning workouts are great. I'm jealous of your commitment. I'm itching to get back in the gym.

Great work mike. Morning workouts are great. I'm jealous of your commitment. I'm itching to get back in the gym.

Yeah I didn't honestly think I'd end up this committed, but I have a end goal in site and doing everything possible to hit it

Congratulations on the progress, and much respect for your sticktoitiveness.
Cheers, sir.

Yeah I didn't honestly think I'd end up this committed, but I have a end goal in site and doing everything possible to hit it

Tipped the scale this morning at 235, down 4 from last week. Ab ripper X this morning. There are still excercises in that workout I'm really struggling with. But I love how it feels after. Good luck to all weigh ins this week and keep up the great work. My wife has talked me into weight watchers to help her stay motivated. We shall see how that goes.

Tipped the scale this morning at 235, down 4 from last week. Ab ripper X this morning. There are still excercises in that workout I'm really struggling with. But I love how it feels after. Good luck to all weigh ins this week and keep up the great work. My wife has talked me into weight watchers to help her stay motivated. We shall see how that goes.

Way to stay with it Kevin!

My workout was short today, was up til 3am with sick kids. Did about 20 minutes worth and then called it quits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back