2014 Deutsche Bank Championship Thread (Spoilers)

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
2nd event of the Fedex Cup playoffs comes to Massachusetts for the annual tournament over Labor Day weekend. This is a Friday-Monday tournament due to the holiday weekend. The field in this tournament is usually the top 100 in the Fedex Cup standings, but there are a few guys in the top 100 that will be skipping the event: Dustin Johnson, Sergio Garcia, Jason Dufner, Graeme McDowell, Justin Rose, Paul Casey. So 94 guys will be teeing it up, and trying to get into the top 70 in the Fedex Cup standings to make it to Denver next week. Also, this is the last week for guys hoping for Ryder Cup captains' picks to impress their captains.

It's always fun to me to watch this event because it's the one PGA Tour course that I've had the chance to play. The PGA Tour guys make this course look easy when it's really not, especially the par 5 18th hole. I won't be able to get out there this week, but hopefully some of the Massachusetts crew on here will be able to do that.

LIve@
FRI-9-6
Sat/Sun/Mon 8-6

Golf Channel
FRi- 2:30-6:30
Sat-3:00-6:30
Sun - 1:00-3:00
Mon - 11:30-1:30

NBC
Sun - 3:00-6:00
Mon - 1:30-6:00

Golf Channel - Spot Light coverage
Sun - 3:00-5:00
Mon - 1:30-6:00
Sun/Mon

Rory with a strong start 3 birdies in his first 4, 2 kick ins

Phil is stinking it up today. I've got a bad feeling about how he'll play at The Ryder Cup. I don't think there is anyway Watson doesn't pick him though.

Phil is stinking it up today. I've got a bad feeling about how he'll play at The Ryder Cup. I don't think there is anyway Watson doesn't pick him though.

Hopefully he turns it around - that was a pretty nice shot from that lie in the bunker, would like to see him make this putt. But pretty ugly so far.

Nice to see so many players and caddies wearing black to support Lance.

Phil is an automatic qualifier after his 2nd place finish at the PGA.

Nice to see Keegan Bradley playing well in an event that is as close as he'll ever get to a hometown tournament. Might sound like a Red Sox crowd out there if he's in contention on Sunday.

Nice to see Keegan Bradley playing well in an event that is as close as he'll ever get to a hometown tournament. Might sound like a Red Sox crowd out there if he's in contention on Sunday.

Ah, I was thinking he was still on the outside looking in. Kind of wish he was. Not optimistic about his play at all with only 1 top 10 this year.

True - I don't see the PGA tour going up to VT anytime soon. I might try to go Monday, depending on weather. I've got a few friends who have offered tickets.

Ah, I was thinking he was still on the outside looking in. Kind of wish he was. Not optimistic about his play at all with only 1 top 10 this year.

I think its all about who they pair him with, put him with RF, and he will be loose and comfortable, just like in their money matches.

kind of wishing Phil and Furyk both get left off

What a putt by Overton. From way downtown!

True - I don't see the PGA tour going up to VT anytime soon. I might try to go Monday, depending on weather. I've got a few friends who have offered tickets.

He played some of his high school golf in MA. Won a state title while at Hopkinton High back in 2004. Hopkinton is about 20 minutes away tops from TPC Boston, so I'll say its a home game. Hope he wins this weekend, that would be cool.

Those "goalposts" on the sixth hole drive don't phase these guys at all but boy would they have amateurs like us worried!

Furyk has been missing everything today on the greens. Another guy I'm not feeling good about for the Ryder Cup. Man on man.

My fantasy picks for the week:

Rickie Fowler
Jason Day
Rory McIlroy
Bill Haas
Brendon Todd
Charl Schwartzel
Cameron Tringale
William McGirt
Camilo Villegas
Jason Kokrak

Phil got it back together a bit. +3 is better than the +5 he was at early. Gave himself a chance to get into the top 70 for next week.

Great chip by Furyk. Have to chip it in when the putter isn't working!

Not a great start for my team. Only two in the top ten--2 and 6. Didn't get to watch at all. I was working on my daughters new home all day. Same tomorrow. But, maybe I'll turn the TV on while I'm working. Ha.

Anybody know who will be in the featured group on pga.com in the afternoon?

My fantasy picks for the week:

Rickie Fowler
Jason Day
Rory McIlroy
Bill Haas
Brendon Todd
Charl Schwartzel
Cameron Tringale
William McGirt
Camilo Villegas
Jason Kokrak

Brendon Todd is my only player to miss cut.

Day and Haas are my top two players, 1st and 5th

Kuchar in 3rd and Simpson I'm 5th are my best

Reed and Kaymer are only 2 in top 10. Yuck.

Not sure if anyone's watching but Rory seems to have found his stride. Lookout field.

Not sure if anyone's watching but Rory seems to have found his stride. Lookout field.
Oh yeah he has that look again like no one can beat him. Like you said watch out field

Russell Henley is my home boy! Sic em partner :bomb: Kelly and I love watching him play as we adopted him as one of our favorites from his time on the Web.com tour. He grew up in my home town of Macon, Ga.

Back