2014 THP Events - Announcement Thread

That's really cool there will be a couples event! Depending on location and whatnot I might actually be able to talk the wife to finally get why I am so obsessed with this place ( I think she already knows but I just want to get to another event.)

I just mentioned this to the wife as well, and she seemed about as interested as she could be for something that's golf related.

I guess it really comes down to location and timing on this one.

I'll likely only be able to do one travel (with flight) event in 2014. Most likely will be the Couples Event or The Morgan Cup (if I can get in)

Now THAT is just a hell of a good idea!

I'll likely only be able to do one travel (with flight) event in 2014. Most likely will be the Couples Event or The Morgan Cup (if I can get in)

Hey road trip buddy. Hope you like driving.

Announcement (& 1st post updated)
New event coming in 2014.
Love Is In The Air
It will be a Couples Event (husbands & wives/Significant Others)

Ever wanted to show your significant other about THP and a THP Event, but either they did not golf or really have no interest? Or you just do not know of an event that works? Well this event is for you.

Activities for the non-golfers, but they will be involved in a unique twist in one of the rounds. This will be a truly memorable weekend that you can share with the one you love. More details coming soon.

Now that would be something that I could possibly talk Jen into going to, will be keeping an eye out for further details on that one

Love Is In The Air

Ever wanted to show your significant other about THP and a THP Event, but either they did not golf or really have no interest? Or you just do not know of an event that works? Well this event is for you.

Activities for the non-golfers, but they will be involved in a unique twist in one of the rounds. This will be a truly memorable weekend that you can share with the one you love. More details coming soon.

Very cool idea. Wow, I better get some more airlines miles gathered up. Looking forward to the details on this one, and the next one, and the nex..........

If it's in Vienna, Beth wouldn't miss. Have to be some place special to get her out here. I did copy it to her. So we'll see.

Some great events coming in 2014. Plus with the#Granddaddy in December

Love Is In The Air

My wife's response was "who are you going to pay to watch the kids?"

Great idea, and one that will really offer some spouses the ability to understand what THP means to us.

As Donne alluded to, hope this one is not just couples-friendly, but family-friendly as well. Would hate to see some people want to be part of this event and not be able to attend because their kids wouldn't be accommodated.

As Donne alluded to, hope this one is not just couples-friendly, but family-friendly as well. Would hate to see some people want to be part of this event and not be able to attend because their kids wouldn't be accommodated.

This will most likely not be a kid friendly event, because the core of the event will still be around golf. We know we aren't going to please everyone, but we thought this was an awesome opportunity for people to have their significant others be more involved with THP and to help them understand what we are all about.

Love Is In The Air

So pumped about this.

This will most likely not be a kid friendly event, because the core of the event will still be around golf. We know we aren't going to please everyone, but we thought this was an awesome opportunity for people to have their significant others be more involved with THP and to help them understand what we are all about.

Oh well, it was fun to think about for a couple of minutes.

My wife's response was "who are you going to pay to watch the kids?"

Great idea, and one that will really offer some spouses the ability to understand what THP means to us.

The funny thing about the responses I got was that she didn't mean it as we would have to bring the kids along, but I can easily see how our internal dialog would have been interpreted that way. We have a constant issue finding anyone (family, friends, whoever) who will keep our kids for a couple of days. I know a few of the events have been, but I wouldn't consider THP events kid friendly in general due to the scheduled activities.

The funny thing about the responses I got was that she didn't mean it as we would have to bring the kids along, but I can easily see how our internal dialog would have been interpreted that way. We have a constant issue finding anyone (family, friends, whoever) who will keep our kids for a couple of days. I know a few of the events have been, but I wouldn't consider THP events kid friendly in general due to the scheduled activities.

I can understand that the scheduling of activities isn't necessarily kid-friendly, but seeing as the event seemed to break the mold from prior THP events to include non-golfers, it was just a thought that I had. One of the fun things about the Morgan Cup was how many family members were involved, that was a cool thing this year.

So a February event, maybe around Valentines day? This should get lots of interest I'm sure

So a February event, maybe around Valentines day? This should get lots of interest I'm sure

That would be prime time for a couples event, that's for sure. I'm intrigued...

Nice thought.

Wife deserves it. We would be in if lucky enough.

Well now, this couples event is quite interesting.

10 days in Maui with my wife and the in-laws sans kids. Or spend time with THPers sans kids? Time for me to become a sales person. I will need much more information though.

Love Is In The Air

Nice. Can't wait to hear more!

Love is in the air huh? You have my attention as the mrs and I have been looking to get away, hopefully the venue will be somewhere she's into as well...

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

My wife just said she really wants to go to the couples event so this is now the #2 event on my list behind only the SeeMore event

My wife just said she really wants to go to the couples event so this is now the #2 event on my list behind only the SeeMore event

Number 1 on my list!! I love this idea, Aaron and I have been talking about the events and which one would be best for me to go to! I really hope we get to go to this one.

Back