2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you're work day is mostly manual farm labor correct?
Right now it is sitting in a tractor all day.

Mobile office job.

I'm guessing the 4 sodas I've been drinking is the worst part.

Weights tonight, and the camera was rolling. Any comments on form are welcome.

Started with squats:

Then moved on to presses, which I hate. I'm sure my form sucks, and I'm watching a starting strength video on it right now:

Then I finished with dead lifts. I think my form is OK on this, but my grip is starting to hold me back; on my work set I could barely hold onto the bar.

Im.late on this but when I lifted heavy I worked out with a few body builders. When we would squat, we always looked up. This kept us from rocking forward and kept the weight centered. We also took the squat to just above the calf, never touched. Kept constant tension on the quads.

I am trying to lose weight. I am doing a lot of compound lifts, but mostly higher reps, not trying to put on muscle, really looking to drop weight and then maybe bulk up a little, but that is 30+ pounds from now. I am usually doing about 30-40 minutes of cardio 5-6 times a week. Mixture of HIIT and high incline walking.

As for weights doing dead lifts, bench, squat, some presses, ab workouts.

I am going to tackle you're initial question of travel dieting first. I am a believer in salads. Mainly because you can load it up with stuff. Always use full fat dressings. It's mostly veggie fat, not that bad for you. Cheese is loaded with good fats and plenty of protein. Mix in some chicken or ham and you're covered for one meal. I never avoid cards. Carbs make you function, without them, you will most likely crave sweets and sugar. So never be scared of some bread or croutons with that salad.

However, if you stick to the very small meal, one big meal, sort of philosophy I think you should be ok. You're an adult, I don't feel like I need to tell you that cake and ice cream will get you fat. I'm not sure if you are a butter guy, but there is literally nothing that you eat that needs to have butter added to it, after it's cooked. Or salt.

Right now it is sitting in a tractor all day.

Mobile office job.

I'm guessing the 4 sodas I've been drinking is the worst part.

Switch to black coffee if you need the pick me up.

I am going to tackle you're initial question of travel dieting first. I am a believer in salads. Mainly because you can load it up with stuff. Always use full fat dressings. It's mostly veggie fat, not that bad for you. Cheese is loaded with good fats and plenty of protein. Mix in some chicken or ham and you're covered for one meal. I never avoid cards. Carbs make you function, without them, you will most likely crave sweets and sugar. So never be scared of some bread or croutons with that salad.

However, if you stick to the very small meal, one big meal, sort of philosophy I think you should be ok. You're an adult, I don't feel like I need to tell you that cake and ice cream will get you fat. I'm not sure if you are a butter guy, but there is literally nothing that you eat that needs to have butter added to it, after it's cooked. Or salt.

Thanks for the advice buddy. I mean it is nothing I didn't already know, but it is good to have that reinforced.

Im.late on this but when I lifted heavy I worked out with a few body builders. When we would squat, we always looked up. This kept us from rocking forward and kept the weight centered. We also took the squat to just above the calf, never touched. Kept constant tension on the quads.

Looking up with help make the squat a quad dominant lift. That much is true. From a "involved more muscle groups" standpoint, focusing on staying in the hips aided by a low bar position and looking at a spot on the floor 6' in front will do that. Neb's form will bring more muscle groups into the movement.

Thanks for the advice buddy. I mean it is nothing I didn't already know, but it is good to have that reinforced.

When you say, "traveling" are you flying or driving?

Switch to black coffee if you need the pick me up.
I think I might grab some tea tomorrow, not a coffee guy, but the caffeine is nice in the soda.

You think the food is decent, sometimes I put some miracle whip on it, sometimes I dont.

I'm thinking I may have someone pick me up some apples, I don't know what else a premixed salad in a zip lock that I can eat like a bag of chips I guess.

Flying. Usually a Monday Thursday. It isn't ideal but unfortunately it is life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not that hard. Most of those shops have protein bars or something similar. Plus coffee is your friend. I would be ok with eating a Whopper JR with no mayo.

I think I might grab some tea tomorrow, not a coffee guy, but the caffeine is nice in the soda.

You think the food is decent, sometimes I put some miracle whip on it, sometimes I dont.

I'm thinking I may have someone pick me up some apples, I don't know what else a premixed salad in a zip lock that I can eat like a bag of chips I guess.

Trail mix is a nice option. Raisins. Apples. If you make your tea, no sugar.

Looking up with help make the squat a quad dominant lift. That much is true. From a "involved more muscle groups" standpoint, focusing on staying in the hips aided by a low bar position and looking at a spot on the floor 6' in front will do that. Neb's form will bring more muscle groups into the movement.
Thanks for.spelling that out. I may have to add squats back to my workouts. If the hip can handle it.

Thanks for.spelling that out. I may have to add squats back to my workouts. If the hip can handle it.

From a rehab standpoint, I would think that light weight low bar position squats will help. I would also think that Romanian Dead Lifts will be a good lower impact option.

From a rehab standpoint, I would think that light weight low bar position squats will help. I would also think that Romanian Dead Lifts will be a good lower impact option.
So these differ from Yugoslavian deadlifts, how?

Snagged a pair of Nike lifting shoes on the bay for a good price. Hopefully they aren't knockoffs lol

Snagged a pair of Nike lifting shoes on the bay for a good price. Hopefully they aren't knockoffs lol
Romaleos?

Yep you were spot on, says Romaleos 2. I had some ebay bucks saved up so it was a good deal. Plus they're volt and everyone loves volt lol

Yep you were spot on, says Romaleos 2. I had some ebay bucks saved up so it was a good deal. Plus they're volt and everyone loves volt lol
They're most likely legit. Nike just released the Romaleo 3s. Get ready, they are still. I've heard jokes about carpenters using them to hammer nails. They're great lifting shoes and they won't feel pillowy at all.

They're most likely legit. Nike just released the Romaleo 3s. Get ready, they are still. I've heard jokes about carpenters using them to hammer nails. They're great lifting shoes and they won't feel pillowy at all.
Oh nice, that's exactly what I'm looking for! I went back and forth with a bunch including those you showed me but they seemed nice and I won't even lie and say looks didn't sway me a wee bit lol. Not that I'm impressing anyone now that I'm in the basement hahahaha.

Oh nice, that's exactly what I'm looking for! I went back and forth with a bunch including those you showed me but they seemed nice and I won't even lie and say looks didn't sway me a wee bit lol. Not that I'm impressing anyone now that I'm in the basement hahahaha.
Looks matter man. No shame in that. Now, I'm off to eBay to score some Romaleo 2s haha

Looks matter man. No shame in that. Now, I'm off to eBay to score some Romaleo 2s haha
Lol least you're not afraid to admit it. There's some good deals but also some that made me go wtf?? Saw some listings at like 260 and that's miles higher that what even dicks is selling them for. That sure why that is but with my bucks I got mine for 120 shipped. Not too bad I thought

My gym is closed because of Columbus Day. I hate this holiday.
Well, as Columbus destroyed the natives, so does your gym destroy your gainz.

After reading the thread, I decided to check ebay for some shoes and scored some Adidas for a good price. The Romaleo 2 in my size were just to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back