2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NSFW Language

They're most likely legit. Nike just released the Romaleo 3s. Get ready, they are still. I've heard jokes about carpenters using them to hammer nails. They're great lifting shoes and they won't feel pillowy at all.
Romaleos are awesome shoes. I still use my OG Romaleos for heavy squat days. :)

Guys is it important to switch between squat variations or it ok if I just stick to one?

Guys is it important to switch between squat variations or it ok if I just stick to one?
Where you're at, stick to low bar.

There is a time in you're training career for variations. Right now is not the time.
Sounds good to me, makes it easier to keep track of right now haha

After reading the thread, I decided to check ebay for some shoes and scored some Adidas for a good price. The Romaleo 2 in my size were just to much.
Which ones? Saw a few that looked awesome when I was checking too, good reviews as well.

Sounds good to me, makes it easier to keep track of right now haha
To give you a why:

Right now, for you and every beginning trainee, you have your greatest potential to progress more rapidly than you ever will. The low bar squat allows you to move the most weight and use the most muscle mass. You are at a spot when you can recovery in a 48 hour time span.

Once you exhaust that recovery potential, we can mix in variations that will move less weight. Think of it as active recovery.

Which ones? Saw a few that looked awesome when I was checking too, good reviews as well.
Powerlifter 2.0 fluro yellow, they had several different colors, but since color didn't matter. I went for the lowest price.

Powerlifter 2.0 fluro yellow, they had several different colors, but since color didn't matter. I went for the lowest price.
I have a pair. 1/2" heels versus the more common 3/4". I don't know what that really means

I have a pair. 1/2" heels versus the more common 3/4". I don't know what that really means
I had Adidas ones back in the day and really liked them. At the weight I am lifting I don't think it really matters much. I wasn't planning on getting any until Evok posted about ebay. The Adidas ones were a good price so I went with them.

If/when I get back in shape and start lifting more I will have them.

Just looked at them, look very nice! Like Blu said the heel looks smaller but I also have no idea what that means lol I'll have feedback on the-3/4 heel when I get mine but I'm sure any heel will feel quite different at first compared to a tennis shoe haha

I had Adidas ones back in the day and really liked them. At the weight I am lifting I don't think it really matters much. I wasn't planning on getting any until Evok posted about ebay. The Adidas ones were a good price so I went with them.

If/when I get back in shape and start lifting more I will have them.
Oh don't get me wrong, they are more than serviceable shoes. Not a bad buy at all.

To give you a why:

Right now, for you and every beginning trainee, you have your greatest potential to progress more rapidly than you ever will. The low bar squat allows you to move the most weight and use the most muscle mass. You are at a spot when you can recovery in a 48 hour time span.

Once you exhaust that recovery potential, we can mix in variations that will move less weight. Think of it as active recovery.

Gotcha. Im getting more and more comfortable with that and been working on my form so sticking with it is totally cool with me. Got my phone setup so ill have vids too, taped it to the elliptical and it looks straight at the rack lol

Just looked at them, look very nice! Like Blu said the heel looks smaller but I also have no idea what that means lol I'll have feedback on the-3/4 heel when I get mine but I'm sure any heel will feel quite different at first compared to a tennis shoe haha
I found the biggest difference I found was the single strap of the Adidas. I found that the leather loosened up too quickly

I found the biggest difference I found was the single strap of the Adidas. I found that the leather loosened up too quickly
I could see that, I was reading some reviews earlier and a couple mentioned the strap as well.

The only thing I can find in a quick Google search is the 1/2 heel is for guys who feel the 3/4 heel puts them to far forward in the squat.

The only thing I can find in a quick Google search is the 1/2 heel is for guys who feel the 3/4 heel puts them to far forward in the squat.
Meh. A 1/4" isn't to perceivable to me. That doesn't mean others can't feel it. I couldn't.

Blu how do you feel about wide grip lat pull downs? I dont want them to replace anything but thought maybe id rotate them in to keep it fresh certain weeks

Ok ill admit im looking to make use of the cable machine we got hahahahah

Meh. A 1/4" isn't to perceivable to me. That doesn't mean others can't feel it. I couldn't.
I agree, there was something about guys over 6' with long femurs or poor flexibility using shoes with heels over an inch. I couldn't imagine squating with a heel that tall

I agree, there was something about guys over 6' with long femurs or poor flexibility using shoes with heels over an inch. I couldn't imagine squating with a heel that tall
Im almost 6 3 and fit that category haha. We'll see how 3/4 feels but im the most excited about just having a nice rock solid foundation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back