2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, damn! @ the woman behind you doing the 95lb sing leg squats.
Hey!!!! That's my wife!

J/k I have no idea who she is. The smith machine is a vacuum that gets none of my fûčks.

Bienvenido a Biami.

Also, damn! @ the woman behind you doing the 95lb sing leg squats.
Also of note, in the squat video, the guy in red who walks in front of the camera is Jason Bergmann. This guy:

6d5dcce7ac8962b113303892957761a9.jpg

He just torn his labrum. He's going to miss World's this year and is pretty bummed. With that said, my squats and deads are not that impressive in my gym.

Maybe when I build my home gym I'll get Bergmann to visit, too. Yeah... Totally... *jealous of the atmosphere at your gym*

Maybe when I build my home gym I'll get Bergmann to visit, too. Yeah... Totally... *jealous of the atmosphere at your gym*
He actually has a lot of stuff at his family's farm. Like atlas stones and fingers. He is also a super nice guy and a hell of a trainer.

There's also a defending 4x IPF world champion training there as well. It's a fantastic little gym really.

Last edited:
Cool! It's nice when those dudes are real, and not complete d'bags.

Yes. Sounds like a great place to practice moving weight.

Cool! It's nice when those dudes are real, and not complete d'bags.

Yes. Sounds like a great place to practice moving weight.
Jason did ask me if I compete. I smiled and said no. He asked why I do this. I told him I'm a married father of two. He totally got it. Me time.

Gym after having a few beers (or carb loading as I call it) is a pleasurable experience. Just saying.

#gassy
#bloated

After this stomach virus thing, I haven't been in the gym all week. Today I was just feeling too weak from not eating for a couple days.

Gassy and bloated yes, but the energy. I'm breaking a few PRs tonight.

Ouch. Cutting again? :alien:
After this stomach virus thing, I haven't been in the gym all week. Today I was just feeling too weak from not eating for a couple days.

No good, no good. If you need anything from this area let me know.

It's power snatch night. I'm excited.

4.1 - light day
Squats
5 @ 45
5 @ 135
5 @ 145
5 @ 175
5 @ 205
5 @ 240
5 @ 270

Press
5 @ 45
5 @ 70
5 @ 85
5 @ 100
5 @ 115
5 @ 135

Hang snatch
5 @ 45
3 @ 95
2 @ 115
2 @ 130
5x2 @ 145.5 (glutes = activated)

Chins

Frustrating night at the gym last night. I've tweaked my back/hip or something, and it's been bothering me for a while. It was feeling better, but clearly still not there. I haven't been able to deadlift anywhere near where I have been (275 was an absolute grind) - going to take a couple weeks off from any hinge-type stuff, switch up my program, and get back at it.

We've been moving, so I can't imagine that's helped at all.

Frustrating night at the gym last night. I've tweaked my back/hip or something, and it's been bothering me for a while. It was feeling better, but clearly still not there. I haven't been able to deadlift anywhere near where I have been (275 was an absolute grind) - going to take a couple weeks off from any hinge-type stuff, switch up my program, and get back at it.

We've been moving, so I can't imagine that's helped at all.
Look up the Starr Rehab. Basically, low weight high rep movements that target the affected area. Essentially, flood the injured muscle and tissue with blood and let the healing begin.

I really want to work out today, but every muscle in my body is sore. Especially my shoulders, I had trouble making the bed this morning they were so sore.

Look up the Starr Rehab. Basically, low weight high rep movements that target the affected area. Essentially, flood the injured muscle and tissue with blood and let the healing begin.

This one (second section down, I think)? This looks great - and I can do this at home, since I have kettlebells from 24-50ish pounds for days I can't get to the gym. Might help grooving the right motion too. I think because I haven't been able to lift heavy I've gotten a bit lazy.

I really want to work out today, but every muscle in my body is sore. Especially my shoulders, I had trouble making the bed this morning they were so sore.
Work through the soreness. It may hurt at first but your body can handle it. I promise.

This one (second section down, I think)? This looks great - and I can do this at home, since I have kettlebells from 24-50ish pounds for days I can't get to the gym. Might help grooving the right motion too. I think because I haven't been able to lift heavy I've gotten a bit lazy.
Is there supposed to be a link? I'm not seeing it. I want to, I may learn something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back