2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a good one! My only concern was with the deadlift after rolling my ankle last weekend I went with lighter than normal and 1/2 the usual set as to not aggravate it.
For me, I only do one work set of 5 reps for deads.

Good work tonight. knee sleeves and chalk throughout

Hang snatch
1x5 @ 45#
Squat snatch
1x2 @ 95#

Power
1x3 @ 95#
1x2 @ 115#
1x1 @ 125#
1x1 @ 135#
6x2 @ 143#

Chins

For me, I only do one work set of 5 reps for deads.

I've been doing 3x3 on deads lately, I just did 1x3 and 40% of 1RM because of my foot.

I've been doing 3x3 on deads lately, I just did 1x3 and 40% of 1RM because of my foot.
I'm starting to get to 3x3 or even 5 singles. That 40% isn't a bad reset for injury. keep it up!!!

I'm starting to get to 3x3 or even 5 singles. That 40% isn't a bad reset for injury. keep it up!!!

Thanks. I like 3x3 on deads because it gives me a chance to reset and refocus.

Thanks. I like 3x3 on deads because it gives me a chance to reset and refocus.
It's OK to set the bar down between reps and regrip and reset. It is not ok to bounce the bar off the floor. That's how discs get slipped.

Its kind of a simple beginning, but I started riding my bike to and from the bus stop every morning for the last month. The ride is about 1-2 miles and generally easy but I was in a bad spot fitness wise so I had to start somewhere. I've already kicked 5 lbs and can't feel the strength returning to my legs. Next step soon

It's OK to set the bar down between reps and regrip and reset. It is not ok to bounce the bar off the floor. That's how discs get slipped.

More mental reset than physical is what I meant to put, sorry. I saw a guy banging away on deadlifts last week and was waiting for him to go down in pain.

More mental reset than physical is what I meant to put, sorry. I saw a guy banging away on deadlifts last week and was waiting for him to go down in pain.
Yes the draft is one of the most taxing on the CNS.

Been out of this thread for a while with a knee injury. That should finally be behind me and it is time to get back on track. Eating better over the last week or so and got back on the rower today. Several minutes off my normal pace but it felt good to be back on it.

Finally got a work out in this week. I always dread it, not one that actually likes working out unless I am playing basketball or something.

But I feel so much better when I'm done.

My neighbor who is a competitive bodybuilder knows that I've been working out religiously for the past year and told me the other day: "I told you going to the gym was addictive and you'd get hooked once you started!!!"

I told her: "I still hate going to the gym, I hate working out. It's not addictive, it's just something that I've learned that I must do or else I feel like crap."

I hit the gym last night. My tank was empty. I have been going too often and not recovering properly. I had nothing to give. I dozed off while sitting between sets. I knew it was time to GTFO and get to bed.

I am going to reorganize my program so I can go to a 3 day a week schedule and build in some more recovery.

A heavy, light, medium set up seems like a brilliant idea.

I hit the gym last night. My tank was empty. I have been going too often and not recovering properly. I had nothing to give. I dozed off while sitting between sets. I knew it was time to GTFO and get to bed.

I am going to reorganize my program so I can go to a 3 day a week schedule and build in some more recovery.

A heavy, light, medium set up seems like a brilliant idea.

Rest is vital to gains, curious to see what you come up with. I've been doing some research into Johnny Candito's programs, a few guys I know we'll have seen some great strength gains following his 6 week program.

Rest is vital to gains, curious to see what you come up with. I've been doing some research into Johnny Candito's programs, a few guys I know we'll have seen some great strength gains following his 6 week program.
I've read up on a variation of a heavy light medium program. It's a take off of Bill Starr's 5x5. It's not the same as StrongLifts. But it is a simple set up. I start it Monday.

I hear ya Blue! Personally I cant wait for golf season, I have been averaging about 5 times a week at the gym, once golf starts it will be down to 3 as I walk and carry on the weekend (much prefer this over bike/treadmill)

I've read up on a variation of a heavy light medium program. It's a take off of Bill Starr's 5x5. It's not the same as StrongLifts. But it is a simple set up. I start it Monday.

Good luck bud.

Screenshot_2015-03-30-12-27-07.png

Followed by a box jump medley. Single leg, regular, jump-overs.

Gainz, bro. Nice to get back to work.

3/30 - Good session today after work.

Sleeves for all
squats.
1x5 a 45
1x5 a 135
1x5 a 185
1x5 a 225
1x5 a 265 belted
1x5 a 305 belted
1x5 a 340 belted

Bench
1x5 a 45
1x5 a 135
1x5 a 185
1x5 a 225
1x5 a 240 belted
1x5 a 265 belted

Deads
1x5 a 135
1x5 a 225
1x3 a 315 belted
1x1 a 415 belted alternated grip
1x5 a 445 belted alternated grip

Chins

For my bioscience loving friends. Also, NSFW

[video=youtube_share;SaYX-7emO4U]http://youtu.be/SaYX-7emO4U[/video]

Light lifting for me this week, and running. I'm doing a 5K this Saturday for the Final Four. I know it sounds dumb to train for a 5K by my cardio has been very limited lately.

Nice progression to your work sets.
3/30 - Good session today after work.

Sleeves for all
squats.
1x5 a 45
1x5 a 135
1x5 a 185
1x5 a 225
1x5 a 265 belted
1x5 a 305 belted
1x5 a 340 belted

Bench