2015 Live Driver Test - THPers Give Feedback - Tampa Bay Area

Definitely not a fan of the sound of the XR. Makes me cringe.

Par to finish the 9th.

Freddie and I both sit at +1. In drastically different fashions.

1 birdie, 2 bogeys, 6 pars for me.
4 birdies, 3 bogeys, a double and 1 or for Freddie.

First bad swing w driver today luckily had the Cleveland black in hand.. Fairway finding machine 25 yds shorter but still in the short grass!!

CG Black Custom comes home to my bag at the turn.

Love it.

9e9e92ea83b91148b00aebb67cfe493b.jpg

Hit the Nike Vapor Speed on 9. It's nice and all with a great flight but didn't go anywhere. Guessing it's a little spinny for me

It's comical how well Wardy hits the high heat. It's also disturbingly loud. But damn he hits it well.

JB's group has made Driver switch off with group behind. Now have Yonex, Bridgestone 815, Aeroburner, Cleveland Custom Black

This is such a great follow!

I knew Beags would enjoy the black.

Waiting to hear the difference between the R15 and the Aeroburner for those that hit both.

I think I heard the Knuth all the way up here in Indiana....

New set of drivers in the group, had to give up the Aero Burner. Now we have DBD, Vapor Speed, CG black custum, FlyZ XL

be04bcee9a4eee79b55ca1481e285243.jpg

55c681fe6365e18a430aecb610a90300.jpg

346d0b8e2e2063a0f498b6ab5471a626.jpg

97d882f824335259a1b3f91ac68f4342.jpg

Cleveland got it right on an aesthetic stand point. Sinister black.

Nike Flex is a beast!! I love the ball flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Custom Black has a slightly different sound than the standard Black. And I like it. Let's you know you just hammered it.

For those that have played with me, and have seen me hit a perfect right fade that starts down the left and drops to the center of the fairway... That just happened on #10.

Love weight of the Black. Light weight but doesn't sacrifice stiffness. Holds up perfect to the move I make on the tee.

Also, I just had the long drive of the group.

Booya Freddie and Ward.

The XR is VERY forgiving low on the face, I just hit one down there and thought it would be a wounded duck. Everyone was shocked I didn't think it was a great hit. I only ended up sacrificing 10 yards or so.

Hats off to War Eagle...welcome back to testing. Killing it in this thread.

I'm sitting in my living room looking at Premier League soccer and following this great driver test. It's 7:33 pm here in Sweden, beer is the diet of the evening. Keep it up!

Out of the first group of Drivers I had best result with Callaway Big Bertha DBD. Weird because I'm not swinging great with Driver.
On hole 11 now and going to swing the Aeroburner next.

War is absolutely killing it. the whole group really.

Would love to hear from some other guys and their thoughts as well. Haven't heard much on the Bridgestone, Cobra, or Callaway drivers.

Nike vapor pro seems to be the consensus favorite in our group.

Vapor pro, srixon, d200 and r15 for our first 9

I was loving the Nike Vapor Pro on the range. Putting it in play for the back nine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pudge murdered the DBD. I think he giggled as he made impact with it.

My group made the switch, we now have the Sri on 545, the r15, the d200 and vapor pro. I think I will give the 545 first honors.

The 715 and the XR were my favorites from the first batch. The XR just went, the Bridgestone had a great ball flight and really felt great, both were long.

Vapor setups well, what driver doesnt. Put a poor swing on and still got some positive yardage. Ryan with the CG custom in the, you guess it, middle of the freeway.

We now have the callaway XR, Bridgestone 715, Nike vapor flex and fly Z

Lake JoVita has a great many holes that don't require driver but if you can keep them in play, it shortens the holes a great deal.

First impression; not at all unhappy. High and drawing.

0ef7ea5ed0f7789eb01c27d206a56264.jpg

Back