2015 Quicken Loans National Thread (Spoilers)

Jimmy Walker quietly going -8 so far today.

Holy crap T3 for TW...

I didnt have to scroll down 5 pages on the leaderboard to find TW.

Crazy.

Holy crap T3 for TW...

very nice 68,66 start to the week. Hope it carries through. Imagine if he didn't start like the new age Tiger and was +3 after 4?

I am in awe after yesterdays start that he is in contention. WOW!!!!!!!!!

Same. I just hope he can find some consistency. He is striking the ball pretty well but the putting seems a little held back (die putting?).

Damn I wish I could find this streaming online! Go Tiger go!

Tiger needs to win to get to Bridgestone next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been very critical of him as of late. I will save comments until I see more of the same.
Same. I just hope he can find some consistency. He is striking the ball pretty well but the putting seems a little held back (die putting?).

Driving distance - 318yds
Driving accuracy - 71%

Where did this all the sudden come from? That's 20 yards further than the field average.

Driving accuracy - 71%

Where did this all the sudden come from? That's 20 yards further than the field average.

Course plays a role in a it.

Driving accuracy - 71%

Glutes activated baby

If Goosen doesn't go off & jump out to a big lead, this could be a fun follow over the next couple of days.

Goosen must have a Delorian. He has gone back in time and even started out today hot.

These quotes crack me up. Tiger when were you in contention at The Masters? Was it after the 2nd round when you were 12 back, or after the 3rd when you were 10 back?

These quotes crack me up. Tiger when were you in contention at The Masters? Was it after the 2nd round when you were 12 back, or after the 3rd when you were 10 back?

You must be a ton of fun at parties Captain Joykill.

Maybe there's a secret fifth round that's not televised.

Still think a tournament is more exciting when he's (actually) in contention, so this could be a fun weekend.

Glad to see he is playing better, sure hope he can stay with it and post 4 solid rounds and get some of the good juju back.

I literally thought the exact same thing. I guess that sums up why he is unwilling to play Reno.

You must be a ton of fun at parties Captain Joykill.

Couldn't he have said Greenbrier? I mean come on.

Maybe there's a secret fifth round that's not televised.

Still think a tournament is more exciting when he's (actually) in contention, so this could be a fun weekend.

Oh without a doubt it is. It's more exciting on the forum too. People talk when he's playing. Even more when he's playing well.

Course plays a role in a it.

He's still hitting it 20 yards further than the field average, so that's notable, right?

Everyone on here knows that I'm a big Tiger fan (not on MWard level, but no one is), but I'm still cautiously optimistic. He has a number of tournaments in the Foley era where he played a good first 2 days and then faded away on the weekend. I hope that doesn't happen this weekend, but I won't be shocked if it does.

He's still hitting it 20 yards further than the field average, so that's notable, right?

Of course he is...However with how its measured, it can be something as simple as club selection for the other players. Its a stat the PGA Tour uses to amp up distance. This field is not exactly an explosive distance field. Its not taking away anything from Tiger Woods spinning together two solid rounds. Just talking about actual facts with in statistics.

Of course he is...However with how its measured, it can be something as simple as club selection for the other players. Its a stat the PGA Tour uses to amp up distance. This field is not exactly an explosive distance field. Its not taking away anything from Tiger Woods spinning together two solid rounds. Just talking about actual facts with in statistics.

Driving distance is measured along the hole, right? Not the point-to-point shotlink distance? I've always found it eye opening when they've shown carry distance during tournaments on occasion. Those guys still cream the ball, but it's not like they're all carrying 310 or something.

I was thinking the exact same thing, maybe he's thinking about:
pga-championship.jpg

Back