2015 THP Invitational at Prairie Highlands - Kansas City Area

I think I may end up driving over on Thursday to maximize golf. 36 on Friday and a round on Sunday before driving back to St. Louis would be awesome.

I dont know if Ill be there Thursday night or not. I know I will want to be, so lets call it a strong maybe.

~Rock

Man you guys keep talking about Thursday night, I might have to come out there early. That place looks like one great time!!!

Hmmm, gotta decide whether to come in thurs then leave sunday or do a friday to monday thing.

I wish I hadn't missed the sign ups for this. Just doesn't seem right, and completely out of character. This is going to be a great weekend.

Thursday night Top Golf!!! Just sayin'
That is a serious proposal - I arrive at 7 pm, could swing by and meet up (if you can stay up late enough, that is)!

That is a serious proposal - I arrive at 7 pm, could swing by and meet up (if you can stay up late enough, that is)!

I have no doubt we'll still be there buddy!

Bump
Any word on the hotel and extra rounds?

Golf Week named Prairie Highlands the fifth best course you can play in Kansas. I will post a link to the story tomorrow when I am on my laptop.

And I believe I read top 100 public course as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, that's a shame... Another THP outing at a highly regarded course? I guess I can make this happen. :clown:

Yes,
Prairie Highlands in Kansas #5 and Old Silo #1 in Kentucky.
THP is bringing it. And I get to golf both. So excited to be involved. Just wish this rain would stop. 28 of the last 31 days, rain, ice or snow. Let spring/summer begin.

Well that's good to see. However, the fact that that list has Lake Presidential as the 3rd best course in Maryland has me questioning it's rating criteria. That said, I can't wait to play Prairie Highlands.

Nebraska seemed pretty accurate.

Well that's good to see. However, the fact that that list has Lake Presidential as the 3rd best course in Maryland has me questioning it's rating criteria. That said, I can't wait to play Prairie Highlands.

I'm going to have to higly question Wisconsin's as well. No way Lawsonia and Sentry World should be higher than Erin Hills. But they're all very nice courses.....so I'm excited to play any course that has made their list.

Kansas

• 1. Firekeeper GC, Mayetta (m)
Great course just north of Topeka (about 30 minutes), fun track! If you ever get a chance to play this course, DO IT! It's right across the street from a Casio/Hotel, so there is a lot to do after the sun goes down as well...if you're into gambling.

• 2. Buffalo Dunes, Garden City (m)
It's been a few years since I've played this one, but it's only a 2 hour drive from here, might need to again.

• 3. Colbert Hills, Manhattan (m)
New Head Pro is the old Head Pro from the course here in town, great guy...he played in the 2004 US Open. Course is LONG from the tips, can't walk the course without being in decent shape! lol Challenging, but fun!

• 4. Sand Creek Station, Newton (m)
Only played this once, it's a fun track but not really a memorable one. With that said, I might be playing here on Thursday with my brother.

• 5. Prairie Highlands, Olathe (m)
One of my favorite courses in the KC Area, IMO it's layout really works with the terrain they were given. I know you all will really enjoy this course!

Iowa's list was 'accurate,' but I thought it omitted a course or two. No TCI? Really?

But on topic, this warm weather has me wanting this event to be here already. At least I'll get a quick fix at some point with a practice round.

Seems only fitting that I'm driving down to KC tonight to paint my brother's house.

~Rock

Looks like a spot opened up and I'm going to get to go to this after all! I'm pumped! Looking forward to this!

Nice. Welcome aboard.

Sorry that someone had to drop out, but always excited to see another THPer get a shot.

Looks like a spot opened up and I'm going to get to go to this after all! I'm pumped! Looking forward to this!

Look forward to meeting you.

Back