2015 THP Invitational at Prairie Highlands - Kansas City Area

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP has a full schedule of events coming in 2015 and today we are proud to announce a THP Invitational Sponsored By Bridgestone Golf coming to the Kansas City area. You can always find all of our THP Event info in this section of the forum.

BStoneShieldLogo2015-Th.png

Invitational
How do you get invited? Your 2015 Albatross Club Membership is your invitation. If you are a member of the Albatross Club, you are invited to play in this event. If you are not and want to play, all you have to do is join the club and help support an amazing organization called Folds of Honor. You can do so by clicking here.

Cost
The cost for the event is $135.
This includes:
*Greens Fees
*Cart Fees
*Range Balls
*THP Swag + Surprises
*Prizes
*Dinner
*And More
This cost is for an individual. If you are bringing a spouse or partner there will be costs associated with that.

When & Where
July 10th-11th, 2015
Prairie Highlands

Consistently rated as one of the top courses to play in the Kansas City area, Prairie Highlands is a real diamond in the rough. Prairie Highlands is in harmony with the rolling landscape, skirted by prairie, on the western edge of Olathe, Kansas.

Format
This THP Invitational will be a 2 man team format in which you will play your own golf ball. The kicker here is that THP will make the teams.
Tee Times begin at 10:00am
Initially open for 40 golfers
If more sign up, there will be a waiting list created.

Skill Level
ALL skill levels are welcome and we mean that with everything we stand for. In addition this is open to men and women of all ages (under 18 must be accompanied by an adult).

Prizes
Bridgestone Golf being the sponsor has graciously provided us with fantastic prizes. The winning team will each receive something special, but because the latest equipment has not yet been released, prizes are TBA.

Winning teams will also receive 2015 THP Invitational Trophies as well as a spot in the THP Events Hall of Fame.

Dinner
Dinner that evening will be held at the famous Joe's Kanas City BBQ (Formerly known as Oklahoma Joe's BBQ) and THP has arranged a private room as well as a buffet for all of the guests. The 180 Room is the perfect setting for THPers to gather and enjoy the delicious food that we have selected and the great company.

Lodging
While this is not a stay and play event, we know that many THPers will be traveling in and will look for a place to stay. THP will set up a hotel as we get closer to the event with a discounted rate for those that would like to take advantage of it.

Hotel: Hampton Inn/Olathe:
Hotel Address: 12081 S. Strang Line Rd.
Phone# 913-393-1111
Event Name: The Hackers Paradise
$104 a night

Dave & Busters
Friday evening, July 10th, THPers will gather at Dave & Busters for a meet and greet and THP will arrange for each member to have a card ready with a few tokens on it to get started on the fun. Great way to relax and meet everybody over some fun in this unique setting.

Signing Up
The THP Invitational only has a limited amount of spots, therefore, signing up in advance is crucial to reserve your spot. Sign up will take place soon and we will have those dates in the coming weeks. At the time of signup, a $50 non-refundable deposit will be due to hold your spot with the remaining balance due 30 days prior to the event.

Update For Signups
Signups will be held Feb 24th and 25th at 1pm EST.
Signup will be open for 1 hour each day.
At that time, THP will start a new thread with this information as well as how to enter. It will involve sending an email into GolferGal and signup will stay open for exactly 1 hour each day. Later each day, THP will randomly select 20 golfers that signed up via email to be a part of this special weekend. Once all 40 spots are taken, there will be a waiting list to be a part of this awesome THP Event.

You must be a 2015 Albatross Club Member to signup for this event. If you are not, and want information on how to join and help support the amazing Folds of Honor, click here.

Teams & Foursomes
Hawk & Spivey
wubears71 & Orange Hog

Atlgolfer & DartGod
Erky & gcruz86

Jman & threeboysdad
Agent Jay & Mikejb30

Nate & CAA_Beat
Nebgolfer & Woody_74

v.man & Rambler
TexasHacker & mikeg_74

mr3putt & Nomadic_duffer
LSMO & Smallville

Flying Wedge & The Due
J4U & McRock

Jank & Texasbrons
Sleuth & Chuckberg86

IceyShanks & Daddio
afwcardinal & Hammer84

HighOnTheHog & Coers

Last edited:
Food/Golf and Dave and Busters....great weekend ahead for this one

We'll be in Branson, MO for a large family vacay starting on the 3rd. If I can stretch it out for an entire week, maybe hitting KC on the return might be a possibility!

Sounds awesome. Marking the calander for this one!

SOLD AGAIN! Absolutely book it. Right after my birthday and an awesome itinerary, yes please! Dave and busters, watch out. Now to be lucky and get a spot.

Sounds fan-freaking-tastic!

The dates work like a charm, looking forward to vying for a spot!

Looks like my kind of course.

This will be amazing, my fingers are crossed

Prairie Highlands is a really good club with a fun layout. This is what KC golf looks like, and I know you'll all enjoy this course! This is going to be fun!

P.S. For those of you who haven't played Zoysia Grass everything from tee to green, you'll get to now! I personally love it as the ball usually tees itself up in the fairway, and when you drive a cart on them, it's like you're floating.

#9 is a great risk/reward Par 5 that I think a lot of you will really like!

REALLY hope I get in on one of the 40 spots for this one, it's perfect timing for me, and the closest event of the year.

great details and the course looks good!

I might try to get in on this one

Prarie Highlands is a solid choice.

Good work 441. I will be in this one, I have to be.

This event looks awesome, but I won't be able to make this one work. Many other events for me though!

Looks like a beautiful course. Should be a great time!

NNNNOOOOOO My sons birthday is on the 11th.

Oh crap and I missed the 180 room!!!

I am glad yall went that direction. Oklahoma Joes is something that needs to be experienced by everyone

How could you miss that and Dave and Busters...Two great nights with THPers.

The course looks awesome and I could eat BBQ all day every day, so I'm gonna try to get this to work.

This gonna be a great event for all that attend. I wish that I could get in on it.

I've never played here but I am looking forward to signups!

A chance for great golf and BBQ with THP'rs? Oh man, I gotta get in on this one!

Dave and Busters!

Blood and Beer again!

How could you miss that and Dave and Busters...Two great nights with THPers.

When I saw the course I just started thinking about that.. I didn't miss D&B's trust me!

I will do a review of this course before the invitational so everyone can get some ideas of the course. I have played it probably half a dozen time. It is challenging, but fair.

I've never played here but I am looking forward to signups!

I'm surprised you've never played there Smallville, it's a great track...sort of out in the middle of know where, but they have decent green fees/rates and it's a fun layout.

Holy eff I want in. Calendar marked!

Back