2015 THP Invitational at Prairie Highlands - Kansas City Area

For work I can get on at the Deuce for pretty cheap
Cool, I can get pretty good rates at four courses!

And the one at Tiffany Greens expires in May, so it's no good for this event.

Wow, I got in. And it's the closest event to me too, but still a 6-1/2 hour drive, which will take a lot out of me. However, I plan to put a lot of KC BBQ into me to compensate....

Are the events in Chicago this year not closer? Or similar?

That groupon already came and went about a week and a half ago

Rats, that's what I get for working 12 hour days for the last 3 weeks. Only 2 weeks left and I can get back to a normal life. Well, like I said, Taylor, if you've got room let me know and I'll join you for the practice round. I know the focus needs to be on the event participants, but if you've got room count me in!!

Sort of similar. For me, it would be about an 8-1/2 hour drive to Chicago... not counting any Chicago traffic delays, which could be... significant.

Are the events in Chicago this year not closer? Or similar?

Sort of similar. For me, it would be about an 8-1/2 hour drive to Chicago... not counting any Chicago traffic delays, which could be... significant.
Yeah, you don't really have much traffic delay in Kansas City.

My wife was laughing at the traffic reports when she had a job that she drove a ways to: "We have a wreck on I-35 at 75th Street. You can add about two minutes to your commute." Seriously!

Yeah, you don't really have much traffic delay in Kansas City.

My wife was laughing at the traffic reports when she had a job that she drove a ways to: "We have a wreck on I-35 at 75th Street. You can add about two minutes to your commute." Seriously!

Not much traffic here, relatively speaking. Unless a 1/4" of snow falls, then all hell breaks loose!

Congratulations to all those who got in! I'm sure it will be a great event.

Congrats to all who made it in. I completely forgot about the sign ups.....so aggravating as this sounds like a great outing.

Jump on the waiting list by PMing GolferGal. You never know what happens.

So..... I made it in via the waiting list....... deposit sent! Looking forward to seeing some familiar and many new faces in KC!

So..... I made it in via the waiting list....... deposit sent! Looking forward to seeing some familiar and many new faces in KC!
Look forward to meeting you!

The snow should be gone by then. Not that we've gotten much this winter.

EDIT: This is not my video. The text below is from the page where the vimeo video is.

Paris of the Plains
from Tim Lair

Please watch in Fullscreen & HD with sound for best quality.

Paris of the Plains is a timelapse I've been working on periodically for a little over a year now. With the recent growth in popularity of Kansas City, I thought it was fitting to show just a fraction of the beauty it holds in a more unique way.

The sequences used in this video were all shot on the Canon 6D and various lenses. Motion control was made possible by the amazing Dynamic Perception Stage Zero dolly system.
DynamicPerception.com

Music:
A timelapse wouldn't be complete without an awesome track to cut the footage to. Here in Kansas City we are fortunate to have an extremely talented Zane Callister of Young Collective. It was really important to me to choose a local artist, and I'm lucky to have found Zane. The song is only a part of his amazing track The Faint Dotted Line. You can find more about Zane and Young Collective over at ZaneCallister.com

Last edited:
I'm in for 3 rounds of golf this weekend.....will be Fri-Sun for me!!

Smallville!!! That was an incredibly awesome video!! You need to could use that for the tourism dept. I have to admit, I've never seen anything better for showing off KC!!

Smallville!!! That was an incredibly awesome video!! You need to could use that for the tourism dept. I have to admit, I've never seen anything better for showing off KC!!
It's not mine, the text is from the vimeo link where the video is!

Thanks for the video, I am also thinking Friday to Sunday like Nate. Catch a baseball game, enjoy some great food and great golf and along the way have a blast having the course spit me up and chew me out. Sounds like a jolly good time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool video Smalls. Tim Lair out together a nice piece here.

Thanks for the video, I am also thinking Friday to Sunday like Nate. Catch a baseball game, enjoy some great food and great golf and along the way have a blast having the course spit me up and chew me out. Sounds like a jolly good time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am probably coming in on Wednesday night and catching Royals vs. Rays on Thursday afternoon.

I am probably coming in on Wednesday night and catching Royals vs. Rays on Thursday afternoon.

That sounds awesome

Smallville, if you guys do extra rounds count me in. I didn't make the cut but I'm always up to play !

I will be heading in to KC Thurs, leaving Sunday.
Fri - Sun golf is in my future!!

I'm in for 3 rounds of golf this weekend.....will be Fri-Sun for me!!
Ditto, and with Top Golf Thurs night it'll be an awesome weekend for sure!

Back