2015 Wyndham Championship

Last post. Spend some time on THP. I have questioned those fields just about every single year for hte same thing and even started threads on the once every five. Amazing that nobody came in here to defend a single player when those threads popped up. The blinders here are ****ing insane. On that note, thank god for a great week with THPers, because this **** is cray cray.
Take a deep breath brotha, its just the Wyndham hahaha. Dont let comments spoil your time out there. Just banter

Last post. Spend some time on THP. I have questioned those fields just about every single year for hte same thing and even started threads on the once every five. Amazing that nobody came in here to defend a single player when those threads popped up. The blinders here are ****ing insane. On that note, thank god for a great week with THPers, because this **** is cray cray.
I'm not sure why you felt the need to talk like that. I'm newish here, sorry I haven't been following your posts and opinions 24/7. Sorry about that. Hopefully the weekend is fun, would be fun for golf if Tiger got in on a win or go home scenario.

All of tiger's good play will somehow justify his "I'm close" comments.

So if the crowds were big before, what are they going to be like this weekend?

Listen, I've broken 80 at Sedgefield so this doesn't surprise me!

2015 Wyndham Championship

Im not talking about anybody's score. Im talking about the field overall.
Scores for some players should be this low based on their game and what clubs to hit and when.
I specifically said this was not about an individual but the overall group.

I feel like the PGA Tour needs to address the issue with the once, every 3 or 5 rule, but they never will.

I agree, it is a weaker field. With the better players assuming they'll be playing the next four weeks straight (or four out of five I forget if they get a break in between Deutche and BMW), your bigger names won't be here to stay somewhat healthy and with gas in the tank. The people here need to play to make the FedEx cup, avoid the Fall Series/Web.Com Q school, or for prior commitments.

Their spot in the lineup reminds me of the old CMN Classic. Still a good event, but won't be lights out and that kinda sucks.

NICK WATNEY SIGHTING! Red Alert

http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/wyndham-championship/leaderboard.html

Poor Matt Every......every tourney a WD or last place (behind TW)

......so I guess Jordan is at Cowboys training camp and J-Day is on a giant yacht hanging out and still drinking out of his new trophy?

Frys.com in October at Silverado in Norcal this year is going to own.... it sounds like most of the big dogs are comin'

Yeah, it's a weak field. Always going to be, given the timing. There are some good players, certainly more than the off-week events, but the depth isn't there.

Still gotta win it, still gotta beat everyone else, and the money still spends.

Again, I am NOT talking about Tiger Woods. I have not even looked at the leaderboard until 15 minutes ago. I looked and saw Tom Hoge and a bunch of nobodys. It had NOTHING to do with Tiger Woods, which I prefaced in the first post to not bring it into the conversation.

I was speaking about the PGA Tour as a whole and fixing the issue for the dozen events that end up with fields like this. I would be saying the same thing if Tiger was in or not or whether he was 1st or missing the cut.

Of course you're not. Don't sweat it bud, he's not back yet. I'll be the one to let you know when he is ;-)

Nice to see Sneds tie the course record today. I always pull for the guy, and he's been playing pretty well as of late (i think top 15 at the PGA)

Yes there are some good players in the field but it's also filled with guys just trying to make a last ditch effort to get into the playoffs. To me your kinda attracting more of the lower end players. Heck DL3 is one shot off the lead, does anyone really think he could do that at another tournament this year?

Yes there are some good players in the field but it's also filled with guys just trying to make a last ditch effort to get into the playoffs. To me your kinda attracting more of the lower end players. Heck DL3 is one shot off the lead, does anyone really think he could do that at another tournament this year?

I was thinking the same thing. It's like I'm watching college basketball conference tournaments with a bunch of teams that only have a hope of winning the conference tournament to get a spot in the big dance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10 under for two rounds would be in contention in almost every tournament this year.

Regardless of score, course, field, personal opinion etc i just think it's great to see people getting so excited about golf. I simply think it's good for the game.

Regardless of score, course, field, personal opinion etc i just think it's great to see people getting so excited about golf. I simply think it's good for the game.

Agreed. It it wasn't for tiger the Dan Lebatard show on ESPN radio would not have spent 15 min on golf this afternoon. Love him or hate him it gets golf into the main stream.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10 under for two rounds would be in contention in almost every tournament this year.
Right, but I don't think DJ, Day, Spieth, etc would be at - 10 here.

Doesn't matter, Tiger is playing good, not great, golf for maybe the 2nd or 3rd time in over a year. It's exciting for fans of his.

It was just fun to see a few shots like the old guy still has a little bit left and actually seem like HE thought the putts would go in and some did. He could fall on his face again tomorrow but it was fun for the last 2 days.

If it wasn't for tiger this thread wouldn't see past 4 pages, who cares if the the field is weak still have to make shots. Had zero plans to watch this tourney this week, with tiger up top got plans for Saturday now.

Last edited:
Right, but I don't think DJ, Day, Spieth, etc would be at - 10 here.

Doesn't matter, Tiger is playing good, not great, golf for maybe the 2nd or 3rd time in over a year. It's exciting for fans of his.

Sure it's not a real strong field, but shooting 65 and below is no easy task on any PGA Tourney course.

If it wasn't for tiger this thread wouldn't see past 4 pages, who cares if the the field is weak still have to make shots. Had zero plans to watch this tourney this week with, with tiger up top got plans for Saturday now.
There's no doubt about it!

Like him or not, seeing Woods in last group on a weekend is nothing but good for golf.

Like him or not, seeing Woods in last group on a weekend is nothing but good for golf.
Absolutely, I am willing to bet the weekend ratings records for the Wyndham will be shattered, especially if he is in contention on Sunday.

Back