2016 Olympic Golf

The very cynical side of me wonders what PEDs Oosty and Scott are on. We know Vijay isn't afraid of taking stuff.

Is this the first time golf has been in the olympics?This is going to be awesome
First time in a very very long time.

The very cynical side of me wonders what PEDs Oosty and Scott are on. We know Vijay isn't afraid of taking stuff.
I tried rubbing against deer antlers last week to cure doms, i ended up with a laceration and muscles were still sore.

When VJ pulled out, I imediately thought he knows he couldn't pass the drug testing. When Adam pulled out I again wondered if the drug testing was an issue, since he hasn't been big on the idea from the beginning. Now I'm wondering how many more will pull out for "scheduling" issues.

When VJ pulled out, I imediately thought he knows he couldn't pass the drug testing. When Adam pulled out I again wondered if the drug testing was an issue, since he hasn't been big on the idea from the beginning. Now I'm wondering how many more will pull out for "scheduling" issues.
To give the man his due, JB has been saying this for a year.

Put me in the cynical club then as well. That is the first thing I thought of. Even if they are clean pretty sure Olympic drug testing is such a pain. I think you have to notify them everyday with a place you will be each day where they can find you should they decide to give you a random test. That goes for anyone with a chance to make the team as well, so a ton more than just the top 2 in each country.

I thought it was only once a year and they know what date it will happen.

The drug testing is random. Daly made some comments otherwise, but they were as idiotic as most of the things he says.

He gets tested randomly, but he also gets tested every year at the same event - which is in addition to his other, random tests.

Why the PGA does this selective texting as well as random is something they don't explain, other than to say they can... I suspect it's related to sponsor requests for certain athletes at certain events, but that's also just speculation.

Their selective policy is why Tiger, Phil and other high profile players are tested much more than the guy in 137th place too...

Not sure where the last part came from. Not only is the both the PGA tour and LPGA Tour weak in this area, the randomness is downright laughable.

Both Phil and Tiger have said that they have never been tested outside of competition which is something the tour stated as part of its "robust platform".

Not sure where the last part came from. Not only is the both the PGA tour and LPGA Tour weak in this area, the randomness is downright laughable.

Both Phil and Tiger have said that they have never been tested outside of competition which is something the tour stated as part of its "robust platform".

I don't understand what you mean by the randomness is laughable.

Testing is done at tour events, which is where these guys work. It's random, in that players are randomly selected.

It's also selective, where specific players are tested on a much more frequent basis.

Testing is not announced beforehand. Players don't know if they will be tested any given week.

Could it be improved? Sure. Is it a joke? Hardly.

I don't understand what you mean by the randomness is laughable.

Testing is done at tour events, which is where these guys work. It's random, in that players are randomly selected.

It's also selective, where specific players are tested on a much more frequent basis.

Testing is not announced beforehand. Players don't know if they will be tested any given week.

Could it be improved? Sure. Is it a joke? Hardly.

Knowing these players and when they are tested and how is why I spoke on the matter. To think that the better players are tested more often than others is inaccurate on either tour. The testing was said to be done both during competition/tournaments and away and the two players you mentioned, have never been tested away.

In fact, the PGA Tour has touted its robust policy and testing players both during and not during competition and when asked by the New York Times, Woods, Mickelson and McIlroy all said they had never been tested away from competition.

Plus it really isn't in the PGA's best interest to have people coming up positive.

I honestly wished they would have done tryout and qualifying for spots instead. Not that it would have, but it could have showcased some really talented armatures that no one has heard of.

I don't believe there is such a thing as talented Amateur no one has heard of in the USA unless they are like 12 and haven't played AJGA. I suppose there might be a few of them in the mid Am but even that is mostly ex pros who got their amateur status back.

I love social media interaction like this!

Projected men's Olympic golf field, this was the last week for the rankings to change to impact the field:

CnCKC8tWYAAkkO1.jpg:large

I'm really curious as to what Spieth will do.

Just saw the news on Spieth being out, I believe thats the top 4 or so not competing.

So now kuchar is in. Right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More incredibly lame news from top golfers. Makes me appreciate guys like Bubba, Sergio, Stenson and Reed more.

Back