2016 THP Kickoff Classic Sponsored By Kentwool

wildly inconsistently consistent I call you Scott lol. I've seen you play "great" and shoot 74 and "lousy" and shoot 78

That's my game in a nutshell! Not a whole lot looks spectacular but it typically ends up OK in the end.

Spent time with the family today so no prep yet. We are headed to Florida next week, so I'm hoping to get out for a round while I'm down there. Glad to see some folks getting out there already getting with this event on the mind.

Tampa again?
Spent time with the family today so no prep yet. We are headed to Florida next week, so I'm hoping to get out for a round while I'm down there. Glad to see some folks getting out there already getting with this event on the mind.

I'll be in Florida as well. Do I bring the clubs? You bet I do! I have a team HOF to get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lousy off the box again today. And put myself in some really bad spots on the front. Then all of a sudden, something went click and I rattled off 7 straight pars on the back. Shot 48/38 - 86. Proud for not giving up. Won everybody's greenie money today too. :bashful:

Headed out again tomorrow for another round and some Wolf.

JM

Hole #1 of the Lake course, the play is short or right of the fairway bunker
c1h1_zpseuslcms2.png

Hole #1 of the Lake course, the play is short or right of the fairway bunker
c1h1_zpseuslcms2.png

Pin position and tee shot position will be critical here.

The tee ball will be key here. Not an overly long hole so driver might not be the play.

How long is the hole

364 for orange / 319 white

Another average round for me today but better than the last few. Still really struggling with ball striking but hit more solid shots than my last 3 rounds. Short game is still keeping me in rounds. 44-42 with a few mistakes, could've easily been 83. If I get some more iron practice it should be closer to 80. Positive vibes going forward after a pretty bad last month for my game.

I've also never tried or worn anything from Kentwool, very much looking forward to it

What seems to be the issue with the ball striking? Keep the short game sharp, Grand national will test it.

Thought I was wasting the fantastic weather the way the round began. Was fortunate to be only 4 over through 8 holes with only 1 FIR and 2 GIR to that point. Birdied #18 (my 9th hole) and played much better on the front 9. Ended up with 39 - 37 - 76. 50% in both FIR and GIR. 2 birdies and nothing above bogey.

Putting the ball in the fairway off the tee is a definite area of opportunity right now. 3 of 7 missed fairways were on 200 yard shots off the tee on shorter par 4's to try to set up easy approachs. Spraying those did not set up easy approaches!
Sometimes those are the best rounds, keep at at and things will click when they need to.

I'll be in Florida as well. Do I bring the clubs? You bet I do! I have a team HOF to get.

Where will you be? We will be in St. Augustine.

Tampa again?

Originally, we were heading back to Long Boat Key, but the house we were renting was sold and couldn't find anything that worked for us, so we ended up in St. Augustine. Not sure what day I would be able to play, but if you around, I would love to try to make it happen

Where will you be? We will be in St. Augustine.

Originally, we were heading back to Long Boat Key, but the house we were renting was sold and couldn't find anything that worked for us, so we ended up in St. Augustine. Not sure what day I would be able to play, but if you around, I would love to try to make it happen

Wednesday is the only day that doesn't work next week

Wednesday is the only day that doesn't work next week

Cool. I will wrecked Wednesday anyhow. We are driving down after work on Tuesday night.

What seems to be the issue with the ball striking? Keep the short game sharp, Grand national will test it.

Sometimes those are the best rounds, keep at at and things will click when they need to.

I'm just not compressing the ball at all. Everything is in a decent direction but with no oomph. When I set my wrists early in the swing trying to get lag I hit hard hooks.

a pic of #1 from today's afternoon round

d9767b4cb87cdff2262e7a8decc3a1ed.jpg

I put a timid swing on a 5i and didn't make the fairway from the oranges (364). I had like 170ish on a little side hill lie with wet rough and hit a groove low but it went nice and straight onto the green and I made the putt to start out with bird.

the sun was in my face on several holes or behind the clouds, not to mention the fact that it's pretty dark by 4:30 and I teed off just before 3, so several of my pics are garbage. here a couple that came out ok:

#4 from the tee
647e12b98085d1dcd768064c163d3739.jpg

dogleg right but double crossed and had a downhill lie in the rough. hit a bullet 4h that left me 67 and I didn't put enough on it so a missed gir but got up and down.

#5 from the tee
769e2dcf1bc252e8998d89b8618ac49b.jpg

short and left of the bunker complex after a poor tee shot, but had a comfortable 9i that came off perfectly and got a bit of luck as it hit into a spine and took the break toward the hole instead of away from it for a 2-putt par that could have been a birdie.

#9 from the tee
52044d70b9abe297f6fc4a6240178110.jpg

another poor tee shot short and left of the bunkers and though a 9i would jump to 155 with slope but a poor swing put me short, hit a nice recovery with my 60 and rolled the 5 footer in for par.

I only hit 1 fairway all day, and that was the short sharp dogleg right 16 where I hit 6i. but the sloppy, soaked conditions kept my ball in play and my short game was on so I shot 78 (6.9 differential). I'm scratching my head because I was trending to 7.8 down from 7.9 at the 12/15 revision, but this score bumped my trend UP to 8.0?!

y'all are going to have so much fun! I'd be surprised if anyone feels like they understand the course before the event is over! it has some very tricky holes with very precise distances off tees and into greens. and dat grain! enjoy :)

Thanks for the awesome pics!

Love those courses.

These courses are going to be a treat!!!

I'm just not compressing the ball at all. Everything is in a decent direction but with no oomph. When I set my wrists early in the swing trying to get lag I hit hard hooks.

What are your hips doing when you hit these hooks? Are they late to the party?

What are your hips doing when you hit these hooks? Are they late to the party?

Late or not active at all. I struggle with having an all arm and shoulder swing with no lower body.

Late or not active at all. I struggle with having an all arm and shoulder swing with no lower body.

Me too!

It's a hybrid and a short iron/wedge typically. Funky shaped green, better to be a little long as balls on the front have a tendency to spin back towards water

Back