2016 THP Kickoff Classic Sponsored By Kentwool

Going out tomorrow for an early round, and one of my favorite things in a round when I am thinking about an upcoming competition is thinking my way around the course. Focusing on putting myself in good spots to hit my next shot.

One of my strengths on the course, is setting up my next shot. I rarely go for a Par 5 in two, rather, I lay up and give myself a chance to hit my 3rd shot tight and make the putt. Interestingly enough, I have been know to lay up with my second shot on a longer Par 4, as trying to muscle a long iron in will typically result in something that I do not want. Rather, I give myself an up and down opportunity to prevent a bigger number.

Tomorrow, I am focusing on my game from 150 and in. Mid and short irons, greenside game, and putting.

Excited to put some work in tomorrow morning.

Going out tomorrow for an early round, and one of my favorite things in a round when I am thinking about an upcoming competition is thinking my way around the course. Focusing on putting myself in good spots to hit my next shot.

One of my strengths on the course, is setting up my next shot. I rarely go for a Par 5 in two, rather, I lay up and give myself a chance to hit my 3rd shot tight and make the putt. Interestingly enough, I have been know to lay up with my second shot on a longer Par 4, as trying to muscle a long iron in will typically result in something that I do not want. Rather, I give myself an up and down opportunity to prevent a bigger number.

Tomorrow, I am focusing on my game from 150 and in. Mid and short irons, greenside game, and putting.

Even though ur the enemy
Do work beags

Hit'em well brother

It's cool to see everyone start to get their games dialed in. No doubt a great time will be had by all, but playing well always makes it sweeter.

I'll be following along and can't wait for the live thread to pop up.

If I as someone who isn't participating in this event am posting too much in this thread, feel free to ignore, I just love these courses so much.

If I can make a recommendation for preparation, it would be to work on hitting precise distances off tees from 200 to 250, and work on carry distances. There is so much target golf here. Second to this would be to work on breaking uphill and downhill putts of 20-35' with a few feet uphill. Third, find your perfect 3rd shot distance for par 5s as there aren't many that will be attacked in 2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I as someone who isn't participating in this event am posting too much in this thread, feel free to ignore, I just love these courses so much.

If I can make a recommendation for preparation, it would be to work on hitting precise distances off tees from 200 to 250, and work on carry distances. There is so much target golf here. Second to this would be to work on breaking uphill and downhill putts of 20-35' with a few feet uphill. Third, find your perfect 3rd shot distance for par 5s as there aren't many that will be attacked in 2.

Appreciate your input, buddy.

Im a huge fan of these courses, played them quite often for the better part of 5 years.

I am excited for this group to get a chance to play some RTJ Trail goodness.

THP Event threads are for all.
We know a lot of people check out or dont read them at all, but its their loss. So much fun and good info is inside.

Great information and allows us who haven't played these courses to gain a tad bit about the course and what to expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is great information Chris!

Love reading you thoughts c.a.eleric, I will be working hard on hitting the ball precisely 200 to 210 as that is all I have got, lol.

Looking forward to hitting the course today with fellow Wool Warrior T0AD, and Merino Marauder Just Hacking. I haven't played in several weeks so it's going to be a focus on fundamentals for me. Will give me an idea of what I need to work on between now and February.

Having never played these course, I will take all the info. I can get as I'm sure my teammates and opponents will say the same. Love hearing the 200 - 250 optimal tee shot distances. Those should be right in my wheelhouse. Of course, I don't have the ability to exceed 250 unless I have a big tailwind and the ground is hard as concrete...haha.

Thanks for all the helpful info and for your contributions to the event!

Looking forward to hitting the course today with fellow Wool Warrior T0AD, and Merino Marauder Just Hacking. I haven't played in several weeks so it's going to be a focus on fundamentals for me. Will give me an idea of what I need to work on between now and February.

Play well and tell Just Hacking to drop me a line

Having never played the courses, I appreciate all feedback I can get on it. Sounds like the course will test every club in the bag.

Im excited to get back on the course with some competitive juices flowing, honestly.

Same here. It's great motivation to get my game in shape.

...... I rarely go for a Par 5 in two, rather, I lay up and give myself a chance to hit my 3rd shot tight and make the putt. Interestingly enough, I have been know to lay up with my second shot on a longer Par 4, as trying to muscle a long iron in will typically result in something that I do not want. Rather, I give myself an up and down opportunity to prevent a bigger number.........

Words I love to hear! Words I need to hear! Play well Cap! Going to work on the tee game in a few minutes.

JM

Keep the info coming, I like it!!

This is what it's all about man. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

JM

Play well and tell Just Hacking to drop me a line
Freddie, I am afraid that after seeing me swing and play that you may want to retire as a swing tip guru. Once the ugly has been seen it can't be unseen.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Freddie, I am afraid that after seeing me swing and play that you may want to retire as a swing tip guru. Once the ugly has been seen it can't be unseen.

HaHa! Send it brother. He can really help and is one of the most patient guys I have ever met with people's swings. Other things well....... :alien:

JM

Dont forget guys, THP has a range thread, a live round thread, a what did you shoot today thread and so much more.

Getting dressed for today's round.
#teamwarriors
b2b590681169b00b2772f57b7c4dffeb.jpg

*tappd

Have one of the guys you are playing with, take two videos and post them in the swing tips thread. I'll look at ugly and sprinkle some sugar on it.

I'll be up at Saugahatchee in a couple of weeks so I'll hop over and get some pics after the ole lady has had time to recover after the soaking she received before Christmas. 12 inches over 48 hours ending the day before c.a. was there, she does drain well but was much softer than she would normally play. On the lakes course get ready for some typical target golf on a beautiful parkland style layout around the lake, on the links course know your rollout, it can be more about where your ball will end up after the 38,361 bounces it takes if the course is playing firm and fast as they like to keep it.

Back