2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Another successful day! Feeling accomplished really.

Fitness points, do you all track them? Here is a question for those that do, in my line of work it can be philysically demanding, would you count any of that time towards those points?

I dont count them and never do for any work.
I work with the points that I have available and if I go over that comes out of the "bonus" points for the week.

I have zero clue what you are talking about. But I don't count any work activities toward what I need to do in the gym.

Put another 1.5mile run in (2.15 total) in today plus some lifting and core work. The run was good and I stepped off before I pushed it too far.

Another successful day! Feeling accomplished really.

Fitness points, do you all track them? Here is a question for those that do, in my line of work it can be philysically demanding, would you count any of that time towards those points?

Not doing WW and not sure how they work fitness points. I have seen articles that say the calories burned in a workout shouldn't be used to eat again to get to calorie number for the day. I do to have the math around to explain but the calculations show something about ending up in a calorie surplus.

Nothing better than a day of Plyo... Except anything. Anything is better than that.

I sense a lot of foam rolling before bed and in the morning

Nothing better than a day of Plyo... Except anything. Anything is better than that.

as much as foam rolling hurts sometimes it has become something I do regularly and boy does it help

as much as foam rolling hurts sometimes it has become something I do regularly and boy does it help

Spot on. It hurts, but the relief is worth it. My legs just feel like jello right now.

Is the foam roller really that good?

I needed to do foam rolling on Tuesday. Paid for it.

If you want to take it up a notch, try using a lacrosse ball instead of the roller.

Knocked out some core work this morning, had a solid breakfast.

Bring on this Blizzard. Although I kind of wish it wasn't happening.

I can honestly say, I've not felt this good in a while. Physically and just mentally with how I look (and how the clothes fit!!). Amazing that 8 lbs can make such a difference.

I can honestly say, I've not felt this good in a while. Physically and just mentally with how I look (and how the clothes fit!!). Amazing that 8 lbs can make such a difference.

I can't wait for that brother! I will admit In a bandwagon dieter. But I wanted in on some of this positive energy. Last night I got home, my daughter was cranking up some Adelle, when I came in we started dancing around the kitchen (sorry for the visual), and singing. Layer at dinner she said, dad this fm diet is perfect, you don't come home Hangry hahaha

I can't wait for that brother! I will admit In a bandwagon dieter. But I wanted in on some of this positive energy. Last night I got home, my daughter was cranking up some Adelle, when I came in we started dancing around the kitchen (sorry for the visual), and singing. Layer at dinner she said, dad this fm diet is perfect, you don't come home Hangry hahaha

Me too. Bandwagoner here.
But WW is very different for me, because I eat what I want to eat.
My body has already been trained on smaller portions which I am really enjoying.

And if I want to go out and splurge, I do it. I have reserve points and while I normally dont use them, I do occasionally and its not killed me.

I got on the scale this morning, and I officially went from a weigh that the middle number was '5' to now a weight that has a middle number of '3'

Scale victory!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hangry is real my friend. I live with the Queen of hangry when she can't make a meal on account of surgeries or whatever.
Me too. Bandwagoner here.
But WW is very different for me, because I eat what I want to eat.
My body has already been trained on smaller portions which I am really enjoying.

And if I want to go out and splurge, I do it. I have reserve points and while I normally dont use them, I do occasionally and its not killed me.
Amanda and I were talking about this the other day. I adore Atkins, hell I dropped 40+ on it and it let's me be a true carnivore which is awesome, but for where we are with Lotte in our lives and what the chaotic day to day schedule is, WW is perfect. I get to eat what I want, and I'm allowed to splurge if I want and it doesn't restart the entire cycle of ketosis like with Atkins.
I got on the scale this morning, and I officially went from a weigh that the middle number was '5' to now a weight that has a middle number of '3'

Scale victory!

Way to go Kortney!

If you want to take it up a notch, try using a lacrosse ball instead of the roller.

I was reading an article about that especially for hams and glutes.

Knocked out some core work this morning, had a solid breakfast.

Bring on this Blizzard. Although I kind of wish it wasn't happening.

Awesome. I wish the blizzard wasn't coming either.

Scale victory!

Wow 20lbs is awesome! Keep working on it.

The hangry is real my friend. I live with the Queen of hangry when she can't make a meal on account of surgeries or whatever.

Amanda and I were talking about this the other day. I adore Atkins, hell I dropped 40+ on it and it let's me be a true carnivore which is awesome, but for where we are with Lotte in our lives and what the chaotic day to day schedule is, WW is perfect. I get to eat what I want, and I'm allowed to splurge if I want and it doesn't restart the entire cycle of ketosis like with Atkins.

Way to go Kortney!

I had great success with Atkins, but ketosis gives me headaches frequently.
And if and when I stray (and I will), I always put weight back on in a hurry.

I have stayed below 2 bills with WW and now below 190 with WW and still going strong.

It seems WW really helps with making it a lifestyle change. Granted I'm new to it, but it forces me to consider the points before I shove something past my lips.

It seems WW really helps with making it a lifestyle change. Granted I'm new to it, but it forces me to consider the points before I shove something past my lips.

That is what it has done for me.
And when we went away, I just turned it off for the week. Came back, and immediately fell right back into it.
I have really enjoyed it.

I believe I will pull the trigger on WW, reading the feedback here has me convinced.

On another note, today at Orange Theory was the mile run ... I normally do the "power walk" on an incline, so I was curious what I could do a mile at age 60 ... well I was very happy with my 10:30 mile ... I was hoping for a sub 13 when I started ...my daughter was a minute faster ... we had a great work out and great time ... but I am exhausted now ...

Edit: Signed up on WW ...

Last edited:
Weigh in today is 186. Goal for the PGA show is 185 and I leave for it tomorrow. One day of really clean eating and I think I get there but the time we arrive.

It's been a fun task and it's not over yet. 175 by club clash is in my sights.

Weigh in today is 186. Goal for the PGA show is 185 and I leave for it tomorrow. One day of really clean eating and I think I get there but the time we arrive.

It's been a fun task and it's not over yet. 175 by club clash is in my sights.

Time for the treadmill and a sweatsuit!

Kidding. Congrats on meeting your goal.

Back