2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

GG at my WW meeting on Saturday; all the Android users said that the new app has not yet been available. Most of them were just using the older app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It helps that last weeks topic was "how to use the app"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those doing WW, if you have an android phone, are you using an app for points and if so which one? I have one on my phone, and it works great, but I am not sure if it's updated with the new point system.

I'm android using the official app and it is counting smartpoints just like on the website for me.

I did that at the beginning and then realized how small 1tbs and 2 tbs are. My sandiwch was closer to 14 points.
The WW desserts are solid and a good well balanced dinner is pretty high for me too.
But I try to use them all, so I dont feel hungry or that I am neglecting.

Yeppers, its why I measure everything out, no problemo for me there on keeping within the points/servings. Plus, whipped peanut butter makes it feel like you are getting much more than 1 tbs, and it spreads easier.

New day! Kicked off the morning with 45 mins on the stationary bike, rolled out the door after a 14pt breakfast. Ready to kick this day dead in its a$$.

New day! Kicked off the morning with 45 mins on the stationary bike, rolled out the door after a 14pt breakfast. Ready to kick this day dead in its a$$.

Gawd I love this. Your motivation is keeping me motivated.

I started DDP yoga yesterday with the wife. Yoga is no joke! Now to get my diet back on track. No more sugar and bread for me.

I had to weigh myself everyday this week and will have to for the entire 16 weeks of my current program. It's been a month or so since I jumped on a scale and have been messing with macros for about that same time. I'm down just under 3 lbs. I don't have a weight goal I'm trying to achieve since I have a workout program but my goal is to drop 7-10% body fat.

I'd be interested to see what your trainer has you set to for macros, etc.

Based on current weight of 161 and what my macros were for my normal week here is what we are starting at. They will change as we hit plateaus along the way. Based on his calculations I will have a total net deficit of 4320 which will allow for at least 1lb weight loss/weeek

calories:2210
Protein:175g (+/- 5)
Fat:50g(+/- 2)
Carbs:265 (+/- 5)
Fiber:25-40g

My healthy meals are prepared for the week, and I am quite excited about that!

I am trying to decide if I am going to go to my Orange Theory class tomorrow. I was crazy sore this morning from Tuesday's class, but pushed through and went today. But now I can feel every muscle in my body, so I am wondering if I should take tomorrow off to rest.

Plus tomorrow is a timed 2000m row and I am honestly not sure I will survive that feeling as sore as I do right now. I guess I will wait and see how the day progresses.

I am going to OT tonight ... I took yesterday off ... Monday we had the timed 200m row ... not sure what tonight is ...

I picked up the wrist band and I am not disappoint as of yet, it does appear that my data point I used to use (calories) drop by 30-40'ish ... or its taking me longer to get to target heart rate.

How close are you to the NCR trail or the Cumberland trail?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I am going to OT tonight ... I took yesterday off ... Monday we had the timed 200m row ... not sure what tonight is ...

I picked up the wrist band and I am not disappoint as of yet, it does appear that my data point I used to use (calories) drop by 30-40'ish ... or its taking me longer to get to target heart rate.

It's the timed plank. I dropped out first, and I was honestly surprised I lasted as long as I did. Some girl in my class lasted over 8 minutes. She had to have cheated. :alien:

I like it. Those are good macros. I'd say your calorie total is a bit high, but I'm definitely not as active as you are.

Based on current weight of 161 and what my macros were for my normal week here is what we are starting at. They will change as we hit plateaus along the way. Based on his calculations I will have a total net deficit of 4320 which will allow for at least 1lb weight loss/weeek

calories:2210
Protein:175g (+/- 5)
Fat:50g(+/- 2)
Carbs:265 (+/- 5)
Fiber:25-40g

2 lbs down since the trip to Chicago/Memphis.
2 more to go by PGA Show.

GG, the 2k is a great piece to evaluate general endurance. I think it is amazing that OT is having you do it. Remember to breathe! :alien:

I am trying to decide if I am going to go to my Orange Theory class tomorrow. I was crazy sore this morning from Tuesday's class, but pushed through and went today. But now I can feel every muscle in my body, so I am wondering if I should take tomorrow off to rest.

Plus tomorrow is a timed 2000m row and I am honestly not sure I will survive that feeling as sore as I do right now. I guess I will wait and see how the day progresses.

I like it. Those are good macros. I'd say your calorie total is a bit high, but I'm definitely not as active as you are.

we were exchanging emails today after he sent them to me. His thought process is he likes to start high plus based on what I was coming from (1800is with mid carb, mid-protein, low fat he had to make up for that). Since he has me doing P.H.A.T there is a need for calories there too. I have a weekly check in with him that includes sending my macros for the week, body measurements and photos. He will make adjustments where necessary.

you have to work thru the soreness. That's the muscles rebuilding themselves.

Carrots for afternoon snack right now.

Solid day today, added some points based snacks into the mix. I've got 18 for dinner and snack tonight.

No soda, no crap, lots of water and I'm damn proud of it.

Solid day today, added some points based snacks into the mix. I've got 18 for dinner and snack tonight.

Low point and no point snacks are great. Can't say no to sugar free Jello!

Low point and no point snacks are great. Can't say no to sugar free Jello!

Yeah I like the no point snacks, but I need to keep the energy levels up, and have something with some staying power. My work is more physical at times so I need some health fuel.

I don't know how well it works with points but beef jerky has been a good snack for me.

Back