2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Damn, that's amazing, congrats!!!

Heads up on OT today it's an incline nightmare! The entire tread workout is incline, and it was a beast. Weights were mostly core with a tiny bit of rowing. Overall, I thought it was a great workout, I sweat a ton.

I think my instructor changed a bit ... we had 3 segments ... heavy in the weight room with a 300 meter row we did 2-3 rotations... next segment was 500 meter row with 20 squats with light weights, because we had extend the weight out when we stood up ... rinse and repeat ... then treadmill was indeed at incline ... I am power walker/jogger ... so I had 15 degree all outs.

All-in-all a good workout. My damn wrist band drops signal when I do pushup type work, but never drops on the treadmill or when my arms are up???

For any of you with kids, may know how much women struggle to lose "baby weight" .... I'm 3lbs from my pre Baby #2 weight.

About 33lbs from Baby #1 weight but ready to crush that too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think my instructor changed a bit ... we had 3 segments ... heavy in the weight room with a 300 meter row we did 2-3 rotations... next segment was 500 meter row with 20 squats with light weights, because we had extend the weight out when we stood up ... rinse and repeat ... then treadmill was indeed at incline ... I am power walker/jogger ... so I had 15 degree all outs.

All-in-all a good workout. My damn wrist band drops signal when I do pushup type work, but never drops on the treadmill or when my arms are up???

The weights were totally different then what we did, but it sounds like the treadmill was still the same.

We had 2 blocks of weights the first was all work on the bosu ball, and in between sets we did a 250m row. The 2nd block was 1 exercise on the TRX straps, then dead lifts and then scissor kick sit ups with a weight. We followed that up with a 250m row and then the final block was a plank on 2 dumbbells with single arm rows and then 1 legged v-ups also followed by a 250m row.

For me it's my chest strap, it goes wonky when I run. It drives me crazy!

For any of you with kids, may know how much women struggle to lose "baby weight" .... I'm 3lbs from my pre Baby #2 weight.

About 33lbs from Baby #1 weight but ready to crush that too

I am not a mom, but I have heard the struggles from so many women. What you have done already is amazing, congratulations!!

I got on the scale this morning and it FINALLY was down 1lb. It's not much, and could be anything, but I am taking it as a small victory.

Today is my day off from OT so I am going to do a little Sean T T25 Focus workout.

Today is my day off from OT so I am going to do a little Sean T T25 Focus workout.

I did this for 16 weeks last year and lost almost 25 lbs. as tough as those workouts are I enjoyed the program.

I did this for 16 weeks last year and lost almost 25 lbs. as tough as those workouts are I enjoyed the program.

I did it a few years ago and had great results as well. And I felt the same, I really enjoyed it, and after a while I actually started looking forward to it because I was constantly in competition with myself to do better than the last time I did that specific workout.

The weights were totally different then what we did, but it sounds like the treadmill was still the same.

We had 2 blocks of weights the first was all work on the bosu ball, and in between sets we did a 250m row. The 2nd block was 1 exercise on the TRX straps, then dead lifts and then scissor kick sit ups with a weight. We followed that up with a 250m row and then the final block was a plank on 2 dumbbells with single arm rows and then 1 legged v-ups also followed by a 250m row.

For me it's my chest strap, it goes wonky when I run. It drives me crazy!

I am not a mom, but I have heard the struggles from so many women. What you have done already is amazing, congratulations!!

I got on the scale this morning and it FINALLY was down 1lb. It's not much, and could be anything, but I am taking it as a small victory.

NICE! Im thinking when Im done with the insanity 1 or 2 times I may try the T25, wanted to back in the day and never got to it

I really like it, and it is over before you know it. 25 minutes is nothing!

yeah I can do that, the insanity 35ish havent been too bad too, but I cheat and skip cool down lol

weighed in at 170 today, 20 pounds down from fall last year. keeping a food journal has been very helpful. i need to incorporate some cardio and strength training now. i like this steady 3-4 pounds a month loss, that seems to be much more sustainable. i did medifast a few years ago and lost like 25 pounds in 8 weeks, but it came back with a vengeance. slow and steady is sustainable.

I did it a few years ago and had great results as well. And I felt the same, I really enjoyed it, and after a while I actually started looking forward to it because I was constantly in competition with myself to do better than the last time I did that specific workout.

i was the same way. I felt confident after the second DVD was complete and did gamma, that kicked my a$$ every workout.

I always thought insanity was an hour, that's good to know it's only 35ish minutes.

The best part of Insanity is the warmup. Crazy good cardio workout.

I always thought insanity was an hour, that's good to know it's only 35ish minutes.

Nope, the discs average 41 to 43 minutes, 12 of which is usually the warmup, stretching is 4 minutes (which I blow off sometimes) and then cool down is 3 or so. So the actual "workouts" are 20 to 25

Nope, the discs average 41 to 43 minutes, 12 of which is usually the warmup, stretching is 4 minutes (which I blow off sometimes) and then cool down is 3 or so. So the actual "workouts" are 20 to 25

Which in my opinion one could confuse the warm up for the actual workout. A beast of a warm up.

Which in my opinion one could confuse the warm up for the actual workout. A beast of a warm up.

I remember the first time I ever did insanity, and I thought the warm up was the actual workout

325bed5aca94c5cb95e504dfbe360095.jpg

Here is a before and after pic in my uniform. Today I have reached a new low.....lol....230 pounds !!!!! Only pounds left to go!!!!! March 5th will be the one year anniversary of starting my journey. March 1st was the day I decided to change my life, that's the day the scale read 400 pounds. It may sound like a commercial but if I can do it, anyone who wants to make changes can do it

The month 2 workouts are close to an hour. Month 1 is 35 to 40 mins as Mike said.

Here is a before and after pic in my uniform. Today I have reached a new low.....lol....230 pounds !!!!! Only pounds left to go!!!!! March 5th will be the one year anniversary of starting my journey. March 1st was the day I decided to change my life, that's the day the scale read 400 pounds. It may sound like a commercial but if I can do it, anyone who wants to make changes can do it

Congrats mike.

Congrats!!

Had one of those moments again today that I hope everyone involved in this thread has at some point in the near future. My drivers license picture is over 10 years old, when I was at the heaviest I have ever been. Today had to show ID at the bank and the teller looked at it, looked at me, back at the ID, and back at me again. Then says, "wow, you have lost a lot of weight!". Generally happens every time I get in a TSA line also. Great little ego boost and reminder of where I could get back to if I do not stay diligent. Kept it off for 10 years now.

So to everyone in the process, stay with it!

That is awesome Mike, congrats!

Amazing I thought both those guys were in the same picture. Congrats

Maddog, that's amazing!! I'm so happy for you man, that's dedication. Congrats.

Back