2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

I had a great Orange Theory class today. I was actually quite nervous going into it since I had taken over a week off while we were traveling. For the first time in a VERY long time I ran 2 miles straight, no stopping, not even for a second to catch my breath and I felt like I could have easily gone for another mile. Granted my pace is crazy slow compared to just about everyone else, but I don't care it's a victory for me.

Dude, I am so proud of you. We sat there together and said "Gawd Damn we look huge on video" and did something about it. We weigh exactly the same now so instead of 10 cameras pointed at us, it will only be 3-4.

it's been some journey. I wish I started earlier than I did. I know before we headed out to California last year we both went on a lean cuisine plan, but this has just been completely different. I've been able to stay very dedicated to what I can and cannot eat. I've just about completely cut out fast food, minus DD Ham/Egg/Cheese English Muffin(8 WW Points). The beverages have been very limited too. Even when I have points to play with, I decide to go elsewhere to use them. The goal is still within reach for next week, and after that week the focus will shift to Club Clash.

I had a great Orange Theory class today. I was actually quite nervous going into it since I had taken over a week off while we were traveling. For the first time in a VERY long time I ran 2 miles straight, no stopping, not even for a second to catch my breath and I felt like I could have easily gone for another mile. Granted my pace is crazy slow compared to just about everyone else, but I don't care it's a victory for me.

Way to go GG! You did awesome! You're pace and doing it is the main thing!

My next two big goals:

3 pounds away from 70 total pounds lost
9 pounds away from Sub 200 (Probably haven't been there since 9th grade)

When I was home I found my old football physical stuff and in 7th grade I was 5'11 185. Crazy I haven't grown an inch since then, just at one point was 90 pounds heavier than that. By summertime I will be 185 and will be a lean mean fighting machine.

It is awesome watching everyones transformations, but if I can provide one piece of advice in all of this, it would be don't fret about eating something unhealthy. This is supposed to be a long term change. If you go hardcore for a couple of months, drop some pounds, and go back to eating the way you were, it will come back. Moderation is key. Slow and steady wins the race. It is frustrating at times, but remember it didn't all go on in a week, it will take more than a week to take it off.

Good luck everyone!

My next two big goals:

When I was home I found my old football physical stuff and in 7th grade I was 5'11 185. Crazy I haven't grown an inch since then, just at one point was 90 pounds heavier than that. By summertime I will be 185 and will be a lean mean fighting machine.

It is awesome watching everyones transformations, but if I can provide one piece of advice in all of this, it would be don't fret about eating something unhealthy. This is supposed to be a long term change. If you go hardcore for a couple of months, drop some pounds, and go back to eating the way you were, it will come back. Moderation is key. Slow and steady wins the race. It is frustrating at times, but remember it didn't all go on in a week, it will take more than a week to take it off.

Good luck everyone!

absolutely. I was at two different parties this weekend and both the meals were pizza, wings, chicken fingers, chili, garlic knots. All things I would have completely stuffed myself like I was Joey Chestnut. But instead, it was about moderation. Was certainly a good test.

absolutely. I was at two different parties this weekend and both the meals were pizza, wings, chicken fingers, chili, garlic knots. All things I would have completely stuffed myself like I was Joey Chestnut. But instead, it was about moderation. Was certainly a good test.

Yep. It is hard, but it is doable. I have learned a ton about how much fuel my body actually needs, and I have really gotten into touch with hungry vs bored vs thirsty vs tired. A lot of times when I thought I was hungry I really wasn't. I come from a pretty bad gene pool in regards to cardiovascular health so I am already fighting an uphill battle, this extra weight isn't doing me any favors. I want to be around for the long haul.

My next two big goals:

Good luck everyone!

VERY true!

I've had to start hiding the scale as I want to step on each time and see another 1 or 2 pounds lost and I don't. That's frustrating, but you're right, it's long term progress. Maybe I need to start looking just once a week at most. I need to keep working hard with my system/weights/cardio and continue to eat right and drink tons of water, and it will come off.

I'm not a tall guy, but I have a solid frame, and I know where I want to be and by when. So, I have my goals and they are not to lofty by any means. Small steps, one at a time.

Keep up the good work Taylor!

VERY true!

I've had to start hiding the scale as I want to step on each time and see another 1 or 2 pounds lost and I don't. That's frustrating, but you're right, it's long term progress. Maybe I need to start looking just once a week at most. I need to keep working hard with my system/weights/cardio and continue to eat right and drink tons of water, and it will come off.

I'm not a tall guy, but I have a solid frame, and I know where I want to be and by when. So, I have my goals and they are not to lofty by any means. Small steps, one at a time.

Keep up the good work Taylor!

Yep. Once a week at most man. Water weight, water retention due to salt intake or working out, it is all real, and you can seriously fluctuate 3-4 pounds a day. I always weigh in Monday morning before work, after a weekend is a good representation of where I am.

Apple snack leading up to a small salad for lunch. I honestly think with less traveling I am having to fight the urges to hit the pantry up more frequently. When I was traveling it was just breakfast, lunch and dinner.

#NeedMoreWater

Apple snack leading up to a small salad for lunch. I honestly think with less traveling I am having to fight the urges to hit the pantry up more frequently. When I was traveling it was just breakfast, lunch and dinner.

#NeedMoreWater

Interesting. As someone who travels a ton, I struggle when I am on the road. I much prefer the structure of 3 meals at standard times and access to a full gym everyday

81aabb4d0aa5445f040595e5915dc332.jpg

This is pretty good. Good amount of protein too. 3 pts

Added a hard boiled egg and 3 pieces of turkey bacon

For a total 8 pts.

I really wanted to like siggis yogurt but found it way too tart. However it was just the plain flavor. I need to try blueberry to see if I like it better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. As someone who travels a ton, I struggle when I am on the road. I much prefer the structure of 3 meals at standard times and access to a full gym everyday

I don't know what it is, however when I travel once I've completed my workout/run I eat dinner and don't snack much. I feel I drink more water as I have a water bottle sitting right next to me.

As for when I'm home the snack pantry is full and I'm constantly having to go in there for my daughter and son.

I struggle when on the road, because I want to experience the local food.

I struggle when on the road, because I want to experience the local food.

Usually I will use that as one of my cheat days and experience a new place each week. Then for the rest of the week I am cognizant of my eating habits. Helps if I have to go to the same location several weeks in a row. Otherwise I would be toast.

Man I feel like I ate all day long and have way to many points left. Getting settled in is a struggle.

Man I feel like I ate all day long and have way to many points left. Getting settled in is a struggle.

It took me a couple of weeks to find a balance. Bunch of us are doing this, so if you need help, dont hesitate to ask.

Love me some WW. Ended up down to 202 this week after some weekend splurges. Down 7!

It took me a couple of weeks to find a balance. Bunch of us are doing this, so if you need help, dont hesitate to ask.

Dude I get 44 a day, I have 26 to eat tonight. But I've been eating fruits and veggies as snacks. I guess my snacks need to be more substantial? Plus I drank 3 liters of water throughout the day. No monsters or soda (which is a huge win for me).

Dude I get 44 a day, I have 26 to eat tonight. But I've been eating fruits and veggies as snacks. I guess my snacks need to be more substantial? Plus I drank 3 liters of water throughout the day. No monsters or soda (which is a huge win for me).
I'm similar Kev, I have 43/day and usually have 22-24 at night to use. Ends up letting me have a treat a lot of nights (looking at you 8pt fluffernutter)

I'm similar Kev, I have 43/day and usually have 22-24 at night to use. Ends up letting me have a treat a lot of nights (looking at you 8pt fluffernutter)

Oh wait fluffernutter for 8?

Oh wait fluffernutter for 8?
Yessir. 3 pts for 2 slices nature's own Butterbread, 3 pts for 1 tbs of pb, 2 pts for 2 tbs of fluff.

I could kiss you!

Yessir. 3 pts for 2 slices nature's own Butterbread, 3 pts for 1 tbs of pb, 2 pts for 2 tbs of fluff.

I did that at the beginning and then realized how small 1tbs and 2 tbs are. My sandiwch was closer to 14 points.
The WW desserts are solid and a good well balanced dinner is pretty high for me too.
But I try to use them all, so I dont feel hungry or that I am neglecting.

For those doing WW, if you have an android phone, are you using an app for points and if so which one? I have one on my phone, and it works great, but I am not sure if it's updated with the new point system.

Back