2019/2020 Soccer Thread

Horrible goal allowed by Ederson on the near post. Piss poor.

Ederson nearly allows another goal by taking his eyes off the pass to him by goal.

What a game. I think sterling is still in AWB's pocket. I wonder if he took him home with him.

What a game. I think sterling is still in AWB's pocket. I wonder if he took him home with him.

Ederson was bad, really bad, great win for United though. Hope they can secure a champ league place this year.

Sell Pogba and get some more fresh blood and start competing for the League again.

Pogba can go or stay, up to him. Bring in Sancho, Grealish, and another midfielder if Pogba leaves and I think they can challenge. Not win it, but challenge

as they shouldn't be

So EPL given go-ahead to start up on 6/1? We’ll see.

I’m sorry for both of those aspects ;)
I get that a lot 😆 I only recently started following and chose Newcastle because I’m a big fan of their brown ale. My soccer-following friends tried to warn me, but I didn’t listen and now I’m too emotionally invested to look back. As a Philadelphia fan Newcastle fits right in with the rest of my sports misery.

I get that a lot 😆 I only recently started following and chose Newcastle because I’m a big fan of their brown ale. My soccer-following friends tried to warn me, but I didn’t listen and now I’m too emotionally invested to look back. As a Philadelphia fan Newcastle fits right in with the rest of my sports misery.

Well welcome to following the beautiful game! European soccer is soooooo much better than anything domestically (skill wise).
I won’t get into MLS, but lower level US soccer is good fun.
My local team (Louisville City) has had some great years since inception 5 years ago, and was slated to open a brand new stadium last month (season ticket holder since before the first ever game). Unfortunately the coved situation has delayed the grand opening.

I’ve been a Chelsea fan since around age 10. In 2018, the legend Didier Drogba (one of my all time favorite players) played in the USL league here for Phoenix. I got to see Louisville City beat him in the championship match in person. His final professional match ever played, and LouCity’s 2nd straight title. Was a surreal night.

Well welcome to following the beautiful game! European soccer is soooooo much better than anything domestically (skill wise).
I won’t get into MLS, but lower level US soccer is good fun.
My local team (Louisville City) has had some great years since inception 5 years ago, and was slated to open a brand new stadium last month (season ticket holder since before the first ever game). Unfortunately the coved situation has delayed the grand opening.

I’ve been a Chelsea fan since around age 10. In 2018, the legend Didier Drogba (one of my all time favorite players) played in the USL league here for Phoenix. I got to see Louisville City beat him in the championship match in person. His final professional match ever played, and LouCity’s 2nd straight title. Was a surreal night.
I can’t speak to the quality of soccer here because I’m just not knowledgeable enough, but I lived in Kansas City from 15-19 and went to 20 or so Sporting KC games and they have a great environment for soccer. I spent a few days in London last spring just after the last matches of the EPL season, which was disappointing because I really wanted to go to a match!

I can’t speak to the quality of soccer here because I’m just not knowledgeable enough, but I lived in Kansas City from 15-19 and went to 20 or so Sporting KC games and they have a great environment for soccer. I spent a few days in London last spring just after the last matches of the EPL season, which was disappointing because I really wanted to go to a match!

international soccer is just on a whole different level of skill and creativity.
KC has been a great environment for soccer for plenty of years though!
I’m definitely hoping to make it to London in the next couple years for a few matches.

Anyone got a quick bundesliga overview. Not overly familiar with the league but going to watch tomorrow for sure.

Anyone got a quick bundesliga overview. Not overly familiar with the league but going to watch tomorrow for sure.

My daughter is excited to see live soccer again. It’s like the World Cup is being played tomorrow.

My son (16) is recording the Schalke (sp?) game tomorrow morning and having 3 friends over to watch outside. It is a huge deal to the boys having a live game to see. Their season was cut short with less than half played and they are missing it terribly.

Back