2019/2020 Soccer Thread

I’ve been to geordie land & drunk with many, what happened? Lay it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When I moved to Kansas City I started following Sporting KC religiously and decided to make the leap to Premier League soccer, but didn’t want to follow a team because they were good or a celebrity or a friend did. It was tough because all of my fandoms developed organically mostly geographically. Ultimately, against the advice of several friends who follow the league, I chose Newcastle since that’s what I’d be drinking on Saturday mornings while watching the matches. And I’ve been cheering on the Magpies ever since!

Goal first minute in the Frank/Mglad. Welcome back live sports!!!!

C247057D-A580-40D7-B6CA-BDB90515F7F3.gif

Was interesting to see all the different celebrations that the players did after goal scoring that didn't involve the high fives now.

We have soccer! 6/17 Premier League returns!

Not many games left, but I’m glad it’s back!

When I moved to Kansas City I started following Sporting KC religiously and decided to make the leap to Premier League soccer, but didn’t want to follow a team because they were good or a celebrity or a friend did. It was tough because all of my fandoms developed organically mostly geographically. Ultimately, against the advice of several friends who follow the league, I chose Newcastle since that’s what I’d be drinking on Saturday mornings while watching the matches. And I’ve been cheering on the Magpies ever since!

Nice, love a good story on how you came to your team.

Unfortunately my dislike of Newcastle stems from a certain Alan Shearer scoring an absolute blinder against us that always seems to make the top goals of the premiership

I’ve seen St James but not got to watch there. Walked the tyneside as well when I was working near there years ago.

crap, Liverpool might actually win this

Need to check schedule cos if they put the derby on first we could give that red shite lot the finish they need, then the blue half will be bluer than ever

Nice, love a good story on how you came to your team.

Unfortunately my dislike of Newcastle stems from a certain Alan Shearer scoring an absolute blinder against us that always seems to make the top goals of the premiership

I’ve seen St James but not got to watch there. Walked the tyneside as well when I was working near there years ago.

I seem to recall that goal despite my fledgling fandom. Hoping my next Europe vacation takes me for a stop in England during the season!

I seem to recall that goal despite my fledgling fandom. Hoping my next Europe vacation takes me for a stop in England during the season!
It has to be done, when you get to see the team you support at home (especially if you can swing a big game or the derby and be among the home fans for the day, it's something else for sure.
I was at Everton for Wayne Rooney's premiership debut when he was 16 and seen them at other grounds around the UK but haven't been back since then. Need to go back before they tear down the stadium as we are getting a new stadium built.

Chelsea signing Timo Werner

Good signing for them

USL Championship (2nd tier league in US) tentative agreement to start play July 11th. No details yet, but I’m excited for that to start back up.

MLS is getting creative with their return to play plan. We’ll see how it goes.

I cannot wait for this football to get back! It's going to be super odd with no fans but hey, at least they're going to get back at it and be able to finally get back into a routine!

Oh, and Liverpool winning the title. But mostly that getting back to play......nah just kidding! Totally about Liverpool winning

Wednesday evening, 2 matches to watch.

Premier league starts again tomorrow, my wife will be pleased :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Couple of things here...
1) I am so pumped for the league to get back! I just miss live sports and good football.
2) Marcus Rashford is an upstanding and brilliantly beautiful human being and I want nothing but the best for him.
3) "Now you gotta belive us! Now you gotta believe us! WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE! WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE! WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE!"

Have a good day!

I personally can not condone this level of enthusiasm for the return due to the obvious issues that we play Liverpool

Hello soccer, goodbye productivity!

Back