Yeah, such a stupid poopy head. Him and his SuperBowl title.
He should thank Bill Cowher and the front office everyday for leaving the cupboard full..... I draw a parallel with Tomlin and Barry Switzer..... just keep the train on the tracks and let the momentum carry you forward! Nobody denies Switzer won with JJ's team.... just saying

I am so impressed by how this young man has handled this. So impressed.
I will be curious how the NFLPA would handle this being as though both the "victim" and "aggressor" are both represented.

Couldn’t agree more on how Garrett has followed up, apologized, and taken responsibility for his actions. I am also certain he was well coached by PR people. But that’s also a positive. Being coachable in this kind of situation says a lot about his character too. I don’t have to stretch my memory far to pro sports figures who dug deeper holes every time they opened their mouths.

This whole thing additionally had quite a wide impact. Three people told me today they were giving up on the NFL because of this incident. That’s a first for me.

I don't know, I guess you can call me a cynic, but my first thought after seeing the "apology", was I wonder who actually wrote it, his management team, or the Brown's PR dept.

Apparently Rudolph kicked him (aand punched him) in the n@ds. Lol

I don't know, I guess you can call me a cynic, but my first thought after seeing the "apology", was I wonder who actually wrote it, his management team, or the Brown's PR dept.

He is probably the most mild mannered, well spoken person on the team: has an affinity for poetry. Wants to go into paleontology after football. Is ALWAYS DOING THINGS IN THE COMMUNITY. He was punched in the face by a fan who walked up to him asked for any autograph and a picture and then turned around and punched Myles in the face for zero reason while he was sitting in his car. No retaliation. He’s a good dude that made a really really bad decision. Zero history of being a thug on this team nor in college. Joe Thomas said today that if he had to wager a bet on which Browns player would be the non caught up in this prior to it happening, he would personally pick 52 other guys before getting to Garrets name. I’m sure he was coached but this is about as a sincere human as it gets. He’s remorseful.

Sooooo if this happened...still doesn’t justify using a helmet as a weapon. But it be going ballistic if another dude and full grown ass man “kicked me in the groin” intentionally

I played HS Football for a small country school, Division 5. As such as a decent athlete (at the time, many cheeseburgers ago) you pretty much never came off the field. I was our kicker and also a wedgebuster. This was my only ever televised game. Both us and our opponent were 3-0 so it was the local game of the week.

I kicked the ball and ran down the field on the opening kickoff and made a flying tackle. I ended up on top of their returner who promptly grabbed my nutsack and squeezed . I rabbit punched him in the throat three times. I stopped once he let go. The refs either didn’t see it or saw Both sides of it and didn’t throw a flag. The announcers of course saw it and of commented on it.

I’ve always felt that was pretty justified. I’d have never done it if he wasn’t hurting my nuts. It had the desired effect, he let go pretty rapidly. In film study the next morning the coach commented on it and was totally fine with it once I told him what was going on. Now had I taken off my kicking shoe and beat his throat with it, that would have been a different story. I just wanted him to let go and since this was 25 years ago and you were supposed to target folks I made sure to earhole that little bastage every chance I got all game, lol.

Seriously though, I’ve met Garrett. He’s about the last dude I’d ever pick a fight with. I’d have to be on one helluva a suicidal bender. He’d have been far better off just punching Rudolf in his dumb face. Probably woulda done more damage too. I think the league woulda looked at that, especially if in the immediate aftermath of getting kicked in the nuts, a whole lot better.

This guy is such a joke. It doesn’t fit the narrative to actually find employment, so its easier to play games and blame others.

8F86FBCC-3217-4B04-94DC-76CE75F2D166.jpeg

Watching the “workout” and his first three deep balls were overthrown by 5 yards each and the only pass he has completed was a 5 yard slant. The comments are the best, blaming his own WRs.

Watching the “workout” and his first three deep balls were overthrown by 5 yards each and the only pass he has completed was a 5 yard slant. The comments are the best, blaming his own WRs.

So he blamed the WRs?

So he blamed the WRs?

No the workout is still goin on. The fans are blaming his WRs, which is comical.
This entire thing is hysterical and the apologists for his no show with 3/4 of the league there are the gift that keeps on giving.

I caught the last 20 minutes of his live streamed workout on YouTube. No idea how much was before that.

The good?

-His footwork and set-up appear fine, fairly quick.

-Mobility out of the pocket and throwing on the run is very impressive and although this was slow to medium speed workout as per his effort, I'd still say elite mobility.

-He showed good touch and accuracy on short passes and his long ball had good air and generally hit receivers in stride. A few travelled about 60 yards in the air.

The bad?

-His release is long and slow and his delivery obviously telegraphs the throw, especially the shorter routes.

-The first couple of long balls floated and dropped out of the sky.

-Other than bombs, zero passes that I saw with any juice on the ball. No medium to long outs with him putting heat on the pass. All routes were of the timing variety where he floated a touch pass rather than drive the ball.

-Not even any medium outs. All passes I witnessed were either fly/post patterns, shallow crossing routes, wheel routes or short passes up the hash.

He looks like what would be a solid backup QB and that's not a criticism. There's ability there obviously but nothing sensational save for his mobility.

When you factor in what we know in that he's been awful at reading defenses and finding the open man, even ignoring the drama, it's easy to understand why nobody was willing to sign him to starter's money (as was his expectation).

Workouts such as this usually make even average players look sensational at times. That didn't happen here but with the presumption being that these may have been receivers who he wasn't completely familiar with, he gets a bit of a pass.

But only slight in my view because I saw nothing that screamed, "hell yeah, this is an NFL quarterback."

:confused2:

Kraepernick stinks though

I wonder if he could convert to a slot TE though

It'll be interesting to see if anyone signs the tool and he is a Major tool.
7ee1f6be2947c7c78a292f27e741260f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

NBC Sports Bay Area

"We all know why I came out here and showed it today in front of everybody -- we have nothing to hide. So we're waiting for the 32 owners, the 32 teams, Roger Goodell, all of them to stop running. Stop running from the truth, stop running from the people. "
====
By most accounts, Kaepernick was thoroughly impressive in his workout, showcasing the arm strength that once made him perhaps the most feared quarterback in the league.

I believe there was a point where Elway offered Kapernick an opportunity to play with the Broncos. Kap wanted an absurd amount of money, so it was a no go. But more interestingly, Elway has been a disaster at QB talent selection, so perhaps there is a different takeaway from Elway showing some interest a few years back. :rolleyes:

Speaking of Broncos ... we fans can try to look forward to 2020. For this year, Go Hawks!

It’s 55 in Clearwater right now and football Sunday so of course this is going.

732A9571-0430-44D4-8C3C-DF0554C12CA9.jpeg

And most feared QB in the league is ******* hysterical.
That level of homerism makes even the Saints local media blush.

Not good Elliott.
Unless you are a Lions fan.

That is terrible by Watson. You scramble away from a sack for 9 full seconds, throw the ball away.

Haskins is freaking hot garbage.

Prescott should have Gallup some of that cheddar he will be overpaid soon. Bailed him out big time twice today.

Back